Big Problem/Bug With Compiler

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

Alright, so I've run into an issue that's kind of progress hindering. In my quest, starting just a few days ago, the script compiler decided to start hating me. The script file will compile fine, taking me to the screen where I load the scripts into the slots. But when I hit okay there, rather than get the normal "All scripts loading into slots successfully" or whatever it says, it gives me an error. "Unable to create a temporary file in current directory!" After that, although the scripts show up and I can assign them to FFCs, none of them actually do anything. Has anybody else had this problem before? Is it an easy fix?

#2 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

check to make sure the folder ZC is in isn't write-only or something. try making an alternate "installation" somewhere else and just opening a brand new quest and compiling the script to see if ti works there. i.e. no error.

#3 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:59 AM

I had the same problem while using AVG. For some reason, while it's active I could never get anything to import. So I tried disabling it temporarily and I could import my scripts again. I then later switched to Avast and I've never had a problem since. So I think it's safe to say AVG has problems with ZQuest. :3

...Wait a second... icon_deformed.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users