Post your maps.

• Please log in to reply
1368 replies to this topic

#1096 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:14 AM

I don't like the yellow color of the houses, the stairs that are as brown as the mountains, the blue masterkeydoor, the candle-lights without candles on the castle-walls. The dark green trees feel a bit too dark, only a bit light green. And the gasha-trees, please edit them a bit to fill the hole for the gasha-nut.

[Edit] Just my opinion, but I just looked up your previous version of the map and I like the old palette and colors a lot more than the new ones.

I went back and changed that stuff. Except for the trees. I actually like the slightly darker visual on the trees. Also I like shadows more this way. It's not worth trying to change the trees and throwing the shadows off. I did go back and change up the gasha tree though. I also changed the buildings to a brownish color and the stairs are more of a yellow.

The old one wasn't actually a palette. I just slapped CSet5 everywhere. xD i do like the colors from there though. So I kept them in a few spots, namely the mountains. I like this a bit more, for the color variation.

Well, there's your to-do list!

I do think that, for wooden houses, the yellow cast is a bit strong. I've also seen stairs that were clearly carved out of the mountainsides, in which case the similar color was to be expected, but since these seem clearly man-made, a different color might suit them better. Maybe the same as the wood from the houses if you want them to look like they were built from the same material. The green of the grass(y stuff) in the center of the stone buildings is quite bold / saturated to compared to every other green. Unless you have a specific reason, I'd suggest pulling it back.

To be clear, I generally like it. Most of your colors are distinct, and nothing appears mucky to me. But it is those matters regarding the consistency of hue and saturation that should be tweaked up.

I just went and fixed a couple of the stairs. Some just come off that way in EZGBZ. Others I put on the wrong way.

I was thinking the same on the grass, but it was better than the alternative. I didn't like the pure white the tiles were giving off, and thought the green was far more appealing. At least in the immediate area. I did go back and change the very center part with the darker green grass to the lighter green style of the surrounding.

I think I have it tweaked back up fairly well now. I don't really wanna change much more though since I honestly want to just put together Skull Woods right now.

#1097 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:38 AM

I think I have it tweaked back up fairly well now. I don't really wanna change much more though since I honestly want to just put together Skull Woods right now.

That's fine, colours are something that can be tweaked easily after. And I think it looks nice right now anyway.

Edited by Avataro, 02 May 2017 - 08:38 AM.

#1098 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:50 AM

That's fine, colours are something that can be tweaked easily after. And I think it looks nice right now anyway.

Definitely. And thank you. If it's fine, I don't see much reason to tweak it and not spending the time to continue just making the overall quest. Part of me doesn't even wanna keep posting all my maps tbh, cause I don't wanna spoil the entire world. But, at the same time, I do like getting feedback. So it's a bit of a dilemma.

#1099 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:56 PM

YjqC7T5.png

Old map. Nothing special. Boring. Something.

• Bourkification, Eddy, Sheik and 6 others like this

#1100 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Behold the might of legend!

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

https://www.dropbox....review.png?dl=0
I think I'll share this here, The worldmap for Hyrule Fantasy as of a couple of days ago. I have done some more touch up here and there since then.

Edited by FireSeraphim, 11 June 2017 - 11:56 AM.

• Demonlink likes this

#1101 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

Here's one of my map on my actually project Mayath Island Remastered.

Lavender Town and the Graveyard.

https://i58.servimg....76/snapsh13.png

https://i58.servimg....76/snapsh12.png

• Joelmacool, Matthew and PixElvis like this

#1102 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:20 PM

Here's one of my map on my actually project Mayath Island Remastered.

Lavender Town and the Graveyard.

https://i58.servimg....76/snapsh13.png

https://i58.servimg....76/snapsh12.png

It's really hard to tell what's going on in these maps, despite them looking pretty good.

Way too purple and the clouds get in the way... might look better in ZC

• Binx likes this

#1103 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:29 PM

yeah but there's only the night palette i was can do ^^' 

#1104 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

Like Yoshi said, it might look better in ZC. As an entire map it seems kind of monotone.
  • Binx likes this

#1105 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

yeah but there's only the night palette i was can do ^^' 

There are ways around it: you could either edit the palette itself, or use objects in different CSets. As it stands, like was already said, it's very, very monochromatic; and trust me, that can be a major detriment to a quest (I know, because I've made that mistake, before). I think the biggest thing to remember is that the real world isn't all one color, so your maps shouldn't be all one color, either. 

Edited by Binx, 11 June 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#1106 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:43 PM

There are ways around it: you could either edit the palette itself, or use objects in different CSets. As it stands, like was already said, it's very, very monochromatic; and trust me, that can be a major detriment to a quest (I know, because I've made that mistake, before). I think the biggest thing to remember is that the real world isn't all one color, so your maps shouldn't be all one color, either.

I mean. If it's just the one area, it could be fine. Yoll Graveyard was pretty monchromatic, and that was an official Zelda game.

If I may some personal suggestions, I might consider trying Yellow. Since purple and yellow are complimentary colors.

#1107 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:50 PM

I mean. If it's just the one area, it could be fine. Yoll Graveyard was pretty monchromatic, and that was an official Zelda game.

If I may some personal suggestions, I might consider trying Yellow. Since purple and yellow are complimentary colors.

Yoll graveyard is a tiny bit monochromatic, sure, but nowhere near as monochromatic as the maps in question. Here's the map, for comparison:

evmmu0j.jpg

There is a lot of purple, to be sure, but there's also greenish, brownish, bluish, and beige-ish, which makes it look much less monochromatic. In other words, Yoll graveyard looks like it's night-time, Cedric's maps look less like nighttime and more... Well, just purple.

Edited by Binx, 11 June 2017 - 01:54 PM.

• Jenny and Naru like this

#1108 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

hum alright

#1109 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:29 AM

I have a few things to edit, some ground details to lay, and some transitions to play around with, but this here is the basic structure.

Spoiler

• Shane, Eddy, Jenny and 1 other like this

#1110 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

Here's one of my dungeon the Dark Crypt. 

dark_c10.png

It's not finished however but in this dungeon there's alot undeads enemys and some phatoms enemys.
The rest of the dungeon is protected by a magic barrier that Link must shut them down. he must find some color switch corresponded at the barrier color to go in the boss room and get the Triforce Piece.. 

Edited by Cedric, 13 June 2017 - 04:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users