The Nintendo Switch

• Please log in to reply
667 replies to this topic

#571 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

Welp, glad i didn't buy a Switch at launch. There's been a ton of reports of people having major issues with the system and it's too many reports to be just a few faulty units.

So yeah, gonna wait some more months so they can iron out these issues.

• TheLegend_njf and Kivitoe like this

#572 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:05 AM

I believe some of these hardware issues are unacceptable.

• Dock scratches its own screen?
  • Part with straps get stuck on joycons if accidentally attached incorrectly? (children will be playing this)
  • Power charger plugs into the bottom making tabletop mode almost unplayable?
  • Console feels too uncomfortable to play, making it almost only enjoyable to play a game using the pro controller?

I mean, Nintendo, do you even test your own hardware? Everything else can be blamed on early release, but the things I've listed above. How could these glaring issues even be missed during development? It's insane if you ask me. lol

Also, after seeing what's inside the dock... Hahaha, that price... Nintendo sure is an expert at selling plastic for premium prices. 

Last but not least, when responding to an issue with dead pixels:

"Small numbers of stuck or dead pixels are a characteristic of LCD screens. These are normal and should not be considered a defect."

Holy s***... I'm going to bed. Goodnight. 

• thepsynergist and Shane like this

#573 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:45 AM

Let's hope the A/C Adaptor for your Switch doesn't die. Nintendo expects you to fork over at least $30 for a replacement. This is $10 more than what Microsoft expects for the Xbox One's Power A/C Adaptor which is already $10 overpriced if we have laptop power supplies to go by for reference.

Nintendo charges premium on their brand alone. Despite many complaints about their hardware being cheaply designed.

#574 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:30 AM

Let's hope the A/C Adaptor for your Switch doesn't die. Nintendo expects you to fork over at least $30 for a replacement. This is $10 more than what Microsoft expects for the Xbox One's Power A/C Adaptor which is already $10 overpriced if we have laptop power supplies to go by for reference.

Nintendo charges premium on their brand alone. Despite many complaints about their hardware being cheaply designed.

Why would this not be covered by your warranty? I suppose if it stops working after a few years you might not be able to get a new one, though if this happens tomorrow I highly doubt they're gonna argue with you on that one.

Nintendo is claiming that dead pixels and such should not be considered a defect as well, though legally I don't think them saying so on their website is really enough to hold up. I wouldn't worry about it until we start hearing stories about support turning broken consoles away because 'they're supposed to function that way' or whatever.

#575 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:51 AM

This is what the warranty says on their main page:

GAME & ACCESSORY WARRANTY
Nintendo warrants to the original purchaser that the product (games and accessories) shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of three (3) months from the date of purchase. If a defect covered by this warranty occurs during this three (3) month warranty period, Nintendo will repair or replace the defective product, free of charge.*

Also, it's important to note that damaged screens are not covered by warranty. Let's hope your console gets shipped to you with the greatest of care. :P

#576 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:13 AM

This is what the warranty says on their main page:

GAME & ACCESSORY WARRANTY
Nintendo warrants to the original purchaser that the product (games and accessories) shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of three (3) months from the date of purchase. If a defect covered by this warranty occurs during this three (3) month warranty period, Nintendo will repair or replace the defective product, free of charge.*

Also, it's important to note that damaged screens are not covered by warranty. Let's hope your console gets shipped to you with the greatest of care. :P

Well, again, we have laws to protect consumers from these sort of things, so what the company policy is might not matter depending on what part of the world you're in. Here in Norway you've got a mandatory 3 year warranty on all electronic products, and Nintendo has to uphold those. Free of charge.

As for the dead pixels, that is not simply a damaged screen. People are reporting dead pixels with their Switch already. That is a defect, and again depending on what part of the world you're in, Nintendo is required to fix it for you. Free of charge. Regardless of what they say on their own websites regarding 'policies'. So again, I wouldn't worry until we start hearing reports about people being refused support.

That said, it's super shitty of them to even have that stance to begin with, and they're not alone in doing this, though again I doubt it's actually going to keep you from getting proper support - if Nintendo starts doing that then it's time to be worried about the company's futute. :P

• ShadowTiger likes this

#577 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:41 AM

If an item is damaged in shipping, it's generally the seller's responsibility, although there isn't any law ensuring that in the US, as far as I can tell. Someone like Amazon or Newegg would certainly handle it; smaller companies, you might want to check their policies.
It wouldn't be Nintendo's problem, in any case. It's in no way a failure on their part.

#578 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

A friend of mine has a the Nintendo Switch, and on his livestream...His followers wanted him to taste the game, and he licked it. He said that it burns your mouth really bad and if you put the whole thing in your mouth, tastes like a burning battery. 

#579 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

Tasting Switch games have become popular on live streams. Lol

#580 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:34 AM

If an item is damaged in shipping, it's generally the seller's responsibility, although there isn't any law ensuring that in the US, as far as I can tell. Someone like Amazon or Newegg would certainly handle it; smaller companies, you might want to check their policies.
It wouldn't be Nintendo's problem, in any case. It's in no way a failure on their part.

Yeah, I didn't even think about this aspect of it. It is however the reason why I bought mine from Gamestop, because while I hate that company for all that it is worth, having worked there I know that at least their return policies are very lenient, and the only way they're going to deny you is if you physically break it yourself.

I used to buy all my consoles used, last time I did that was with the original 360 release. Man did that hurt when that day finally came. No one escapes the ring of death.

#581 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

My Video Production teacher has SD cards that look like Breath of the Wild ((EXACTLY)) Kids stole them and my teacher is wondering were the SD cards are, next thing you know, those kids who took them, said :we though it was breath of the wild" The SD cards look like breath of the wild game. 

#582 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

My Video Production teacher has SD cards that look like Breath of the Wild ((EXACTLY)) Kids stole them and my teacher is wondering were the SD cards are, next thing you know, those kids who took them, said :we though it was breath of the wild" The SD cards look like breath of the wild game. 

Why would the thieves admit that they stole something when they could have just kept their mouth shut? Seems like it would be easier to just put the SD cards back, or never mention it again. This story doesn't make any sense to me. :P

"Hey I stole this thing, sorry, I thought it was something more valuable but I have no use for this. Please punish me as you see fit."

#583 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:21 PM

Why would the thieves admit that they stole something when they could have just kept their mouth shut? Seems like it would be easier to just put the SD cards back, or never mention it again. This story doesn't make any sense to me. :P

"Hey I stole this thing, sorry, I thought it was something more valuable but I have no use for this. Please punish me as you see fit."

I suspect they didn't state that in front of the person they stole from. Rather they were admitting to it to OTHER people.

#584 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:28 PM

It did make no sense but it's very very true.

#585 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:58 PM

I'm probably one of the few that felt the entire launch was rushed as hell. Like: "Hey, let's release the next console along with the next main Zelda game but let's not do more tests with the console but instead just rush it because money".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users