Photo

Screenshot of the Week 24

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 13 May 2003 - 06:27 PM

Finally. Voting will run through Sunday.

And the nominees are...

Mr. Z
user posted image
Doublevision 2: This place actually is an active vulcano.

blckscab
user posted image
The enterance to lvl6, the nighmare temple from SI.

Teilyr
user posted image
Deception: Syril is perplexed as to who the 2 people blocking him from entering the castle are.

Praethus
user posted image
Link taking a swim...

Ganon_dwarf
user posted image
The ghost of the mist has haunted the Villagers of Delta for generations.

Demimore
user posted image

#2 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 13 May 2003 - 06:55 PM

Is mist the new trend? I sure have been seeing alot of it.

I know my shot sucks by comparison, but I figured I'd toss something in, just to show that I'm still actually working.

Anyway, I'm torn between Demi and Mr. Z.

Ganon_dwarf.. No offense man, but your shot just isn't good. It's way too random, and uses alot of wrong tiles.

Blck, once again, too dark for my tastes. Plus, it's just... boring. I'm not saying mine is better, but yours just is not eye candy, which is what ssotw is all about.

Prae, I like yours, although I'm sure you'd even admit that it's not the best in the bunch. Still a solid quest though.

I'll think about it and vote later.

#3 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 13 May 2003 - 07:04 PM

Whoa... lots of fog this week. icon_odd.gif

I'd have to vote for Teilyr's shot. It's just different from the many submissions SoTW has had (considering that area also looks perfectly modeled from LTTP).

Mr. Z... the smoke is a nice touch... but the rest of the screen looks bland (perfectly aligned, wierd waterfalls).

blckscab... I like the entrance... but... those mountains look funky. icon_odd.gif

Praethus... I know it's underwater... but the blue still kinda blinds me. icon_razz.gif

Ganon_dwarf... your shot has tile errors that could easily be fixed by remaking a few combos flipped horizontally. You used the wrong bottom cloud tile as well. Grass patches could help as well.

Demimore... this shot came in second for me. Had it not been for the funky looking water edges, I would have picked this one.

#4 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 May 2003 - 07:53 PM

Yay Tei, you got that far in the quest! icon_biggrin.gif

Ruling out Demimore and Mr.Z since the translucency severely discolors things, and Ganon_Dwarf has a few bad cliff tiles.

But the other three are just... equal.

I'm going to have to decide later, leaning towards blckscab right now...

#5 Vincent

Vincent

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 13 May 2003 - 08:17 PM

I picked Mr. Z's screeny because I thought he made good use of different textures without looking crampt or cluttered, and I thought the rapids were a nice touch instead of having a large waterfall. Demimore was a close second though.

#6 Demimore

Demimore

Junior

• Banned

Posted 14 May 2003 - 04:28 AM

Awww.... Looks like I'm gonna lose again.... Sure, the contest started today, but it's not looking good. Strangely, Mr. Z used mist TOO?!? And hey, Nick? What's wrong with the water edges? I think they are looking better than those in the Pure tileset. (They are from Descendant). Well.

#7 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 14 May 2003 - 04:33 AM

^ Voted for himself... icon_sweat.gif Edit: No he didn't, look in my next post
< Did a null vote because he wanted to see the results.
My next screenie is going to be something different and I don't think anybody else has one like it. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Mr. Z, 15 May 2003 - 02:11 AM.

#8 Demimore

Demimore

Junior

• Banned

Posted 14 May 2003 - 04:37 AM

^ Nah, is wrong.
< Did NOT vote for himself. Actually, he did not vote at all.
v Will probably say that this ISN'T the peson above me game. icon_eek.gif

#9 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 14 May 2003 - 04:46 AM

this ISN'T the person above me game. icon_razz.gif
Strange, when you came here you suddenly got a vote.
It's the mystery of the invisible user.
Nevermind it then. icon_shrug.gif
Edit: It was the anonymous member that voted, I know who it was. icon_wink.gif

Edited by Mr. Z, 14 May 2003 - 07:37 AM.

#10 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 14 May 2003 - 04:52 AM

There are only two shots that stands out : Mr Z & Blckscab
Mr Z's screenshots always have that magical & amazing feel to it.
Blckscab's screenshot is very nice, especially in his castle/dungeon color choice. This is the most fantastic looking screenshot since your impressive last one.

The rest of the screenshots do not leave any impression (sorry if I sound mean), though I like the small crabs in Praethus shot.

Edited by Ielen, 14 May 2003 - 05:04 AM.

#11 Ganon_dwarf

Ganon_dwarf

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 May 2003 - 05:54 AM

k I know that my shot isn't going to win thanks for every ones critiquing it... (but c'mon I've only done 1 quest and it sucked). and thats hevy fog you can't see the bottom...so how could I have bad bottom tiles?... anyway I'm going to vote for Mr.Z his just catches my eye. (thus prooving that this is eye candy of the week).

#12 FlameArrowStar

FlameArrowStar

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 14 May 2003 - 06:45 AM

I thought I sent my screenshot to you in the e-mail...?

oh well... I'm voting for Teilyr. It seems nice and more peaceful than the other screenshots.

Edited by FlameArrowStar, 14 May 2003 - 06:51 AM.

#13 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 14 May 2003 - 08:53 AM

Peaceful? It's Ganon and Link standing at the gates of Hyrule Castle, about to whip up on Syril.. How is that peaceful? icon_razz.gif Thanks for the vote though.

Anyway, my shot isn't supposed to leave an impression.. Just shows how well I can recreate stuff from lttp.

#14 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:40 AM

Tei, am I to assume you're crazy enough to copy LttP's overworld into ZC at full scale?

Anyway, Demimore's shot is good, but Mr. Z blows that out of the water in terms of pretty, in spite of the apparent dearth of custom sprites.

#15 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 May 2003 - 10:48 AM

Mr. Z. The color sheme is perfect, unlike the fall cheme you used that one week. The mist is really nice, although it's already becoming overly used. Overall, very pleasant, and the caption helps me understand the shot more. But overall, it's the best looking.

Thanks for actually giving me a vote this week icon_razz.gif. BTW, second was Tei's picture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users