Photo

Screenshot of the Week #17

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week #17 (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week #17

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 24 February 2003 - 06:09 PM

And the nominees are...

Demimore
user posted image

UpbeatPenguin
user posted image
After ten years of war, the village still stood strong, despite Ganon's efforts to throw it down.

Praethus
user posted image
A timed puzzle in Hyrule Castle. Wonder what happens when the timer reaches 0...

blckscab
user posted image

#2 LinkZ03

LinkZ03

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 24 February 2003 - 06:29 PM

Your's is pretty good, with the timed puzzle. I vote for Praethus.

#3 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 24 February 2003 - 07:43 PM

Crap. I knew I forgot to do something.

Well, there's always next week. I have a feeling you know what I'm gonna submit, Prae. icon_naughty.gif

#4 blckscab

blckscab

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 February 2003 - 01:09 PM

I cant see Demimore's pic... icon_blink.gif

#5 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 25 February 2003 - 03:39 PM

As far as visuals go, I'd have to say it's a toss up between Demimore & Upbeat. Since this is all about eye candy, practicality and over all zc coolness don't really apply, so I can't vote for you Prae. icon_sorry.gif

Furthermore, blck's isn't colorful enough for me. icon_shrug.gif Sorry.. Your quest is defintely on my "play when it's released" list though. icon_thumbsup.gif

I'll vote later today.

#6 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 February 2003 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(Teilyr @ Feb 25 2003, 03:39 PM)
Since this is all about eye candy, practicality, and over all zc coolness doesn't really apply...

Maybe not to you, but I like to look for ZC coolness in pics. That's why I didn't vote for zoraman's that one time when his gfx kicked butt.

#7 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 25 February 2003 - 03:44 PM

icon_shrug.gif To each their own.

#8 Stungun

Stungun

Warrior of Light

• Members

Posted 25 February 2003 - 03:56 PM

What about mine? I submitted a screenshot.

#9 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 February 2003 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE(Teilyr @ Feb 25 2003, 03:44 PM)
icon_shrug.gif  To each their own.

That's what I meant. icon_wink.gif

I voted for blckscab. Praethus ALMOST had my vote...but I think the number didn't need an all black background...sorry Praethus. icon_shrug.gif

#10 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 25 February 2003 - 07:40 PM

Crap... I thought there was another submission somewhere, but I don't know what happened to it. Resubmit and I'll put it up in SOTW18. Sorry Stungun icon_frown.gif

#11 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 26 February 2003 - 12:20 AM

I voted for UpbeatPenguin yesterday. But I never give my opinions on why I pick any of the screen shots that I pick over the others. But this time I will.

From the top

Demimore
Its good but there are two things wrong with it. One its boring. Suggestion: Make a mote with a bridge and maybe some torches so it will liven it up a bit. Second, the screen shot is to dark. My eye instantly goes to Link. Why you might ask. Cause he is ten times brighter than everything else on that screen. Suggestion: Either lighten up the dark tiles and put a translucent over everything. Or make Link darker.

UpbeatPenguin
Its the best out of the four. Its not the best screen shot I've ever seen, but its good. And since I did vote for it, It gets no suggestions.

Praethus
To me it looks defiantly ordinary. Now I know its a puzzle, but this isn't a puzzle contest. So, with that said I have to go with the way it looks. And it looks. well, ordinary. Suggestion: Use different floor boarders, possibly different walls too. But what ever you do, try and make it look more unique.

blckscab
Now, if I knew you made that on your own, without ripping anything, then I would have voted for it. But, I think you ripped it. Now I know all the other tiles the others are using where once ripped too. So fair game right? Wrong! You ripped a screen shot of a quest. They ripped tiles of a quest and put them together in a different way.

What I said was my opinions. I didn't say them because I hate you. Nor did I say them because I'm a mean person. So please don't take offense to what I said and retaliate on me. Mmkay?

PrinceMSC

#12 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 26 February 2003 - 12:32 AM

Prince, I'm glad you posted your opinions. It is evident that you know how to put together a good screen, and any advice you can give is greatly appreciated by me. If you don't mind could you continue to do so?

#13 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 26 February 2003 - 01:14 AM

I would love to continue to give a small review on the screen shots. But some people take it personally. And so long as members don't get mad at me I will continue. icon_wink.gif

PrinceMSC

#14 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 26 February 2003 - 02:01 AM

Hey.. I like that.

We can give Prince his own weekly advice column. icon_lol.gif

By the way, I've voted for UBP. Demi, it's just like Prince said.. You need to add some crap to it. Water never hurts. A moat with a drawbridge that you have to shoot an arrow at to lower, for example.

Little things make all the difference. icon_smile.gif

#15 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 February 2003 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE(PrinceMSC @ Feb 26 2003, 12:20 AM)
I voted for UpbeatPenguin yesterday. But I never give my opinions on why I pick any of the screen shots that I pick over the others. But this time I will.
Please please please offer more in the future. They're probably the best rants in the group.

From the top

Demimore
Its good but there are two things wrong with it. One its boring. Suggestion: Make a mote with a bridge and maybe some torches so it will liven it up a bit. Second, the screen shot is to dark. My eye instantly goes to Link. Why you might ask. Cause he is ten times brighter than everything else on that screen. Suggestion: Either lighten up the dark tiles and put a translucent over everything. Or make Link darker.
The castle looks very excellent. I notice a great resemblance to the forest temple of OoT in that pic... BTW, I agree with your last suggestion.

UpbeatPenguin
Its the best out of the four. Its not the best screen shot I've ever seen, but its good. And since I did vote for it, It gets no suggestions.
Well... no comment. icon_cool.gif

Praethus
To me it looks defiantly ordinary. Now I know its a puzzle, but this isn't a puzzle contest. So, with that said I have to go with the way it looks. And it looks. well, ordinary. Suggestion: Use different floor boarders, possibly different walls too. But what ever you do, try and make it look more unique.
Hmm, I'm one of few. I judge these based on graphics, variety, and ZC coolness. This is why I didn't vote for zoraman's that one time everyone was like "It's unbeatable kickbutt stuff." There was nothing cool about it. It was just a lot of REALLY nice tiles. This is why Praethus almost got my vote before I decided that the number tile didn't really look right.

blckscab
Now, if I knew you made that on your own, without ripping anything, then I would have voted for it. But, I think you ripped it. Now I know all the other tiles the others are using where once ripped too. So fair game right? Wrong! You ripped a screen shot of a quest. They ripped tiles of a quest and put them together in a different way.
...????

What I said was my opinions. I didn't say them because I hate you. Nor did I say them because I'm a mean person. So please don't take offense to what I said and retaliate on me. Mmkay?
Hopefully no one does. icon_biggrin.gif

PrinceMSC

(My rants in bold. If these rants get off topic, I'll split them; no harm done. icon_wink.gif )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users