The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• Please log in to reply
1641 replies to this topic

#1426 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

^ That's the one I had to actually look up. Even then, I still didn't get it at first. I was using the camera to look up thinking I needed a picture of the sky similar to taking a picture for the "Twin Memories" shrines. I still haven't figured out how to

#1427 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

You'll probably wanna look that one up. It's pretty dumb and unintuitive.

A not-totally spoilery description of general stuff that needs to happen:
Spoiler

• Anthus likes this

#1428 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:34 PM

Out of best Zeldas, I don't think I can put BotW above TP or OoT personally. I've still yet to finish it, but enjoyment-wise I liked OoT and TP far more. Sure, you can say nostalgia is the reason for TP being my first Zelda game, but even looking back, TP's dungeons had some really interesting designs that I don't think have been outdone yet. (Just TP had the whole being too easy problem.)

OoT's were more basic but with the dungeon music being more memorable. It was just the Child dungeons were extremely bland. Beyond that I haven't thought about how it compares to other games. It probably won't pass Wind Waker, Link's Awakening or LTTP, but we'll see. (I don't even remember my ordering for the games anymore.)

Anyhow, another issue I feel BotW is having is that while the overworld is huge and all that, just some areas don't really feel like they are worth exploring. There are a lot of duplicate themes (which snowy area did I see that thing I was supposed to go back to at some point but forgot to mark?) and tedious mountains that take forever to explore (I did all of that climbing for a few Rushrooms and nothing else? Seriously?). It's one of those quality vs. quantity things I guess, just I wish some of the overworld areas were more interesting and memorable to explore.

On a side note; I wish you could pick what type of item you want from an amiibo. I'm full of Shields and Bows I don't see myself going through anytime soon and yet the Zelda amiibo love to give me only those despite rescanning like 20+ times. Just give me a bundle of arrows or something else, jeez. Why can't we sell Weapons, Bows and Shields again?

• Anthus, Jared and Matthew like this

#1429 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:39 PM

I'm having a hard time deciding if it's better than Wind Waker or not (my list of favorite Zeldas is something like WW > OoT > MM > TP > SS) but I think Breath of the Wild feeling more complete might give it the upper hand. I'll probably set my opinion to stone later on. I still don't feel any slight disappointment in Breath of the Wild, but I do acknowledge it has flaws (but what game doesn't?), it's just that for me, the pros outweigh the cons very easily.

I discovered a few more Koroks today and did a Shrine. I simply enjoy just exploring and doing unproductive things, the game is really good at that than the other Zeldas.

• Anthus and The Satellite like this

#1430 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

You'll probably wanna look that one up. It's pretty dumb and unintuitive.

A not-totally spoilery description of general stuff that needs to happen:

Spoiler

Probably not the dumbest Shrine Quest:

Spoiler

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 26 March 2017 - 08:05 AM.

#1431 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:55 PM

Hmm, so I think that one side quest might be missable. I really hope not, and it might not be intended, but here's what happened.
Spoiler

#1432 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:03 AM

Spoiler

#1433 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:22 AM

Spoiler

#1434 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:19 AM

Spoiler

#1435 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

We should prolly just make a second topic with Spoiler stuff being allowed/not hidden lol. As is there's no context surrounding the spoilers to explain what they are about! So to someone reading this topic they would have to reveal the spoiler to see if it is or isn't something they already know about to determine if they will participate in the conversation or not.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 27 March 2017 - 08:25 AM.

#1436 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Spoiler

Any time you see something like that, you'll need to find an NPC to give you a "shrine quest". Some are easy, she are harder to find.
  • Adem likes this

#1437 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:26 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 27 March 2017 - 10:52 AM.

• Adem likes this

#1438 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:27 AM

Any time you see something like that, you'll need to find an NPC to give you a "shrine quest". Some are easy, she are harder to find.

Ooh, gotcha. I've encountered several of those but I haven't bothered to go out of my way just yet. Guess I should have figured. Thanks for the tip!

Edited by Adem, 27 March 2017 - 08:28 AM.

#1439 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:36 PM

We should prolly just make a second topic with Spoiler stuff being allowed/not hidden lol. As is there's no context surrounding the spoilers to explain what they are about! So to someone reading this topic they would have to reveal the spoiler to see if it is or isn't something they already know about to determine if they will participate in the conversation or not.

I think it'd be better to just specify what type of spoiler it is. Like Region, Shrine, "Dungeon", Boss, etc.

Anyhow, more or less some random thoughts and some exploring in the Southwest corner of the map. If you haven't done this region, you may be spoiled, etc.

Spoiler

• The Satellite and Jared like this

#1440 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

So, I found that shrine. Chalk it up to me being dumb. So the quest I thought I missed is a main quest, not a sidequest. I accidentally found the 3rd sidequest and got it no problem. Only 4 more shrines.

In response to above:
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users