Photo

Which Zelda games you've played, and how far?

Zelda Nintendo CD-i

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 HeroHyrum

HeroHyrum

Generic angsty teenager

• Members

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:26 PM

I have beaten all of the games (cant wait for breath of the wild so i can beat it!)

#17 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

Legend of Zelda:
Beaten it twice. My vote for hardest Zelda game, mostly due to dungeon 6.

Adventure of Link:
Beaten it twice. My vote for the most rewarding Zelda game, due to its challenge. I also feel it's one of the Zelda games closest to being perfect.

A Link to the Past:
Beaten it twice. My vote for easiest 2D game to get into. Were it not for what I consider a kind of flawed magic system, it would be in my top 3.

Link's Awakening:
Beaten it twice. My vote for the weirdest Zelda game. I have a hard time getting into this one just cause it's so weird.

Ocarina of Time:
Beaten it 10+ times. My vote for the game with the most replayability. I find it overrated but still a great game.

Majora's Mask:
Beaten it twice. My vote for the best story in the series. This is a game that I rank very highly despite the fact that I usually am more for simplistic gameplay.

Oracle of Seasons:
Beaten it twice. My vote for biggest jump in enjoyability. Love the rod of Seasons idea, but I felt the game was lacking until dungeon 3.

Oracle of Ages:
Beaten it twice. My vote for best dungeons in the series. I find this game absolutely phenomenal. It's one of the few where I am invested from beginning to end.

Wind Waker:
Beaten it twice. My vote for best music. There's a lot of things I really enjoy about the game, but there is too much water for me to rank it very highly.

Four Swords:
Still have to start. My vote for least accessible and most needing a remake.

Four Swords Adventures:
On the fourth stage/level area. It's fun so far, but I am feeling I will like it more when I take it on multiplayer.

Minish Cap:
Beaten it once. My vote for, biggest difficulty spike. I felt like the final dungeon was way more difficult than the rest of the game. That holds it back for me. But I love the art, gimmick and music.

Twilight Princess:
Beaten it twice. My vote for most atmospheric dungeons in the series. If not for Oracle of Ages, this would have my favorite dungeons in the series. The only thing that bugs me is the colors.

Phantom Hourglass:
Beaten it once. My vote for most average game in the series. It didn't leave much of an impression on me. Though Ghost Ship is one of my favorite dungeons of all time.

Spirit Tracks:
Beaten it once. My vote for worst musical instrument to play. I loved the sound of the Spirit Flute, but I hate how I have to play it. I felt it unresponsive, despite me beating the game while at most having to replay a song 3 or 4 times. Everything else was better than PH.

Skyward Sword:
Beaten it once. My vote for prettiest art. Just love the art, and the dungeons. The stealth sections were also memorable to me. Just a shame the world wasn't more connectes.

A Link Between Worlds:
Beaten it twice. My vote for best 2D story. That ending is amazing. Rivaling with every 3D game except Majora's Mask. I feel I would like this game much more if it were done in a new world instead Wiggle.

TriForce Heroes:
Beaten it once. My vote for silliest game. Silly in this case is really good. I like that it didn't take itself too seriously. The costumes were excellent and had purpose. I also just found it thoroughly enjoyable.

Breath of the Wild:
Beaten it once. My vote for best world. The open world design was spectacular. And I love Hyrule Castle mimicked the open world philosophy. It is my favorite dungeon in the series. Excellent game.
  • Eddy and Jared like this

#18 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

Wind Waker:
Beaten it twice. My vote for best music. There's a lot of things I really enjoy about the game, but there is too much water for me to rank it very highly.

Sorry to do this, but...

"7.8/10 Too much water" - IGN :P

But yeah, WW's soundtrack is incredibly memorable and probably one of my favourites too, alongside with Skyward Sword.

#19 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

Sorry to do this, but...

"7.8/10 Too much water" - IGN :P

But yeah, WW's soundtrack is incredibly memorable and probably one of my favourites too, alongside with Skyward Sword.

S'all good. xD I still give WW a solid 8.5. The ocean may be too big imo, but when you actually finally reach an island, they tend to be really interesting places. Just in a series like Zelda, anything can stick out.

Yeah. Dragon Roost Island remains my favorite theme in the series. And I do love orchestral tracks of SS. Granted after WW, my next favorite soundtrack goes to Minish Cap.

They're like Shovel Knight tier to me.
  • Eddy likes this

#20 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:30 PM

I've played all of them.

Zelda 1: 100%

Zelda 2: 100%

ALTTP: 100%

LA: 100%

Ocarina of Time: 100%

Majora's Mask: 100%

Oracle games: I've played through most of them, but always stop late game for whatever reason...

Wind Waker: Other than the figurines, I've 100% the game in the traditional Zelda sense. (All heart containers, items, upgrades, islands, etc)

Minish Cap: 100% (Yes. I got all figurines.)

Twilight Princess: 100% (Not counting Roll Goal, because fuck that.)

Phantom Hourglass: Beaten it once, then never played it again.

Spirit Tracks: Same as above

Skyward Sword: Same as above, though, not because I didn't enjoy it, or anything. Just never got around to playing again.

ALBW: 100%

BoTW: Currently wasting my life on it. 

• Kivitoe likes this

#21 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

I haven't made a post here yet, so here you go. :D

The Legend of Zelda

• Tried it 1 or 2 times.
  • I've beat maybe the first dungeon but that's it. Haven't watched any LPs of it either.
  • Not liking it because it's so old and too bland for my standards.

Zelda II

• Never.

A Link to the Past

• Beat it about 5 times.
  • Not 100% but close to it. I remember getting at least all hearts at one point.
  • Great game for sure! I like the overall feel of this game. It's dark and serious in my opinion, but I don't mind that. Great memorable OST.

Link's Awakening

• Beat it 2 times.
  • Not 100%.
  • Fun game. It's just about as good as the Oracle games! For some reason I don't care for it that much, but there's nothing I dislike here. Has classical Zelda gameplay IMO.
  • Played DX version.

Ocarina of Time

• Beat it about 5 times.
  • Not 100%. That's something I could aim for next time I play it. xD
  • The first Zelda I played. Great story and an immersive world, good dungeons, great OST. The transition for the series into 3D couldn't have been better.
  • Played N64 version

Majoras Mask

• Beat it about 5 times.
  • 100% everytime :)
  • One of my favourite Zeldas, because of the amazing story, world and dungeons. It's always fun to go for the 100% and it was the most fun Zelda to play for the first time. Great OST. A masterpiece of a game, even though if it might have taken the least time to develop.
  • Played N64 version.

Oracle of Seasons & Ages

• Beat each one 2 times.
  • Not 100%.
  • Hard to appreciate at first because of the bland stories, but great games nonetheless. What I like most here are the dungeons. These games are also great inspiration for ZC.

Wind Waker

• Beat it about 4 times.
  • Got 100% once. Takes A LOT of time to 100%.
  • My favourite Zelda together with MM because of how much it has to offer (aside from dungeons). Weak dungeons in my opinion, but they are not bad! Otherwise, everything about this game is fantastic and it's just extremely fun.
  • Played gamecube version.

Four Swords

• I played through it once, but don't remember much of it.

Four Swords Adventures

• Beat it 2-3 times.
  • Are there even any sidequests?
  • I'd call this a "HD 2D Zelda". Love the graphics. Not a traditional Zelda game, but each stage feels complete and it's fun and satisfying to go through them. Great gameplay.

Minish Cap

• Beat it 2-3 times.
  • Not 100%.
  • Overall good game. I especially like the graphics, dungeons and story. The world also feels more alive than other 2D Zeldas (not to be confused with top-down zeldas).

Twilight Princess

• Beat it about 5 times.
  • 100% most of the times
  • Probably my 3rd favourite Zelda after WW and MM. This game is immersive, has great dungeons, great story and a great OST. The world is not bad but feels too unspectacular. The wolf sections are great the first time, but for replaying they feel a bit like a drag.
  • Played Gamecube and Wii versions.

Phantom Hourglass

• Beat it 2-3 times.
  • 100% once.
  • Great game! I like the dungeons, puzzles and story, but the OST is bland. It's a great inspiration for ZC and even had a really fun online mode.

Spirit Tracks

• Beat it 2-3 times.
  • 100% once.
  • Same as PH, except the OST is better and I like it overall more. Though, the train travel is too slow.

Skyward Sword

• Beat it 3 times.
  • 100% twice.
  • Great game. Awesome story, great areas and dungeons and great OST. Loving the silent realms, but the returns to the 3 areas after the 6th dungeon are unnecessary in my opinion. The last new area in Lanayru could have been an optional secret area.

A Link Between Worlds

• Beat it 2 times.
  • 100% once.
  • Fun game, probably the best top-down view Zelda. Even though it re-used ALttPs overworld it was fun to explore and find everything. Great dungeons and OST and good story. I like the rental shop but don't want it to return in the series.

Breath of the Wild

• Havent played yet, avoiding all spoilers.

Edited by Avataro, 20 March 2017 - 10:46 AM.

#22 Kivitoe

Kivitoe

Sponsored by Taco Bell

• Members

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

Zelda 1: Nope, level 3 is difficult.

Zelda 2: Never really peaked my interest, never played it.

ALTTP: Nope

LA: Completed it; One of my favorites.

Ocarina of Time: Never really finished it. Not because it's hard, but I just went off it.

MM: Never played it.

Oracle games: finished both, loved both. Got all upgrades (Master sword, hylian shield, etc.)

four swords: Finished; Loved the legacy levels.

Minish cap: finished; I really like the music

Twilight Princess: Beat it 9+ times, one of my favorites and most zelda-ish Zelda games (Besides ALTTP).

BOTW: Not finished, but might be my favorite, however not as nostalgic.

#23 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:28 PM

Since BotW is out, I edited my older post.

#24 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:37 PM

a old man wanted give me a mirror, but i got a blue mail! i gues you understand what game i must add to my list

• Anthus and Mitsukara like this

#25 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

Zelda 1:

I had an NES when I was a kid, so I was able to beat this once, however, soon after, my dad sold my NES for drug money, so I wasn't able to play it for too much after beating it.

Zelda 2:
Aforementioned reason caused me to miss out on this game until I got older.  But this was one of my favorite Zelda games at the time.  Dark Link was a good addition to the series.

Zelda LTTP:

I played this game to death, and still is one of my favorite Zelda games to date.

Zelda LA:

I loved the handheld Zeldas and this one is no exception.  I replay it often, and the music was really fun to listen to.

Zelda OoT:

What hasn't already been said about this game?  I love it, and still play it all the time.  It's amazing how many secrets have been found after this game's release.

Zelda OoA/OoS:

Again, love the handheld Zeldas.  I loved that there was a extra part of the game if you had both and beaten both.

Zelda MM:
This game.  I also loved this game, and the plot was amazing.  Loved the music, and it's a game I like to replay once in a while.

Zelda WW:

I've beaten this game a few times, 100% it once.  I didn't mind the water.

Zelda TP:

A hark back to OoT, this game was really fun to play.

Zelda PH:
The controls of this game made me a little frustrated, but the game itself wasn't bad.  

Zelda ST:
Again, the game was fun, but the controls...  I just like having standard buttons.

Zelda SS:
I'm about to beat it for the first time.  I put it off for no particular reason, other than Skyrim had just come out so I wasn't giving this game my full attention.  I love the combat.

Zelda FSA:
This game is really fun.  Fun to play with friends too.

Zelda LBW:
Beat this game twice.  Loved the music the most.

#26 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:57 PM

Zelda 1: Does playing a remake in ZC count? That's the closest i ever got to playing it.

Zelda 2: Never cared for this game mainly because i don't care for the gameplay.

A Link to the Past: Completed it and 100% several times. One of my favorites.

Link's Awakening: Beat it twice and 100% once. Enjoyable enough, but the constant item switching through the menu gets annoying after a while.

Ocarina of Time: Finished a few times but never 100% it because screw Gold Skultulas. It's decent i guess, just a little too bland and rather boring. It's a game that tries to make you care about the world and characters but said world and characters are barely developed.

Majora's Mask: Beat it a few times and 100% once. Some of my favorite NPCs and sidequests so far in the series. I enjoy it quite a bit.

Oracle games:  Finished and 100% both several times. It still has the annoying constant item switching through the menu issue, but the rest more than makes it up for it and then some. These are probably the Zelda games i played the most. 

Wind Waker: Beat it several times and 100% once. I honestly really like this game.

Minish Cap: Beat it a few times and 100% it once (never again). I enjoy this game quite a lot honestly.

Twilight Princess: Beat it several times and 100% a few times. My favorite in the series, it develops characters and world far better than Ocarina of Time (which is extremely often compared to) and by better i mean i actually cared about the world and characters. Midna so far is my favorite companion in the series. Guess my only gripe is that it's too easy but this issue plagues every 3D Zelda game up until Breath of the Wild. Thank god that game did something about that.

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks: Beat and 100% both a few times. I group them together because they are both DS games and i feel like each has something better than the other and that makes me unable to pick whichever i like the best. 

Skyward Sword: Beat it once only. I don't know honestly how i feel about this game. I liked the story, characters, dungeons and boss battles. Music was great too. Motion controls worked fine for the most part, even though i kind of hate them in the Boss Rush mode because my arm starts to tire out. I don't know if i like it, hate it or just feel indifference. Weird feeling to be honest.

A Link Between Worlds: Beat it twice and 100% twice. I honestly love this game very much. It's so good to me that i instantly 100% in Hero Mode right after 100% in Normal mode. Hero Mode was a lot fun to me, though me getting hit for 8 hearts of damage from the boss of the ice dungeon startled the hell out of me.

Edited by Norzan, 07 April 2017 - 04:04 PM.

#27 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:57 AM

https://youtu.be/oqtWLA6eqg4

Because I can't wall of text...

#28 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:31 AM

I'm probably gonna sound like a noob for saying this, but so far the only Zelda games I've played and beaten were The Legend of Zelda, which I beat two times, once in Zelda Classic and once with a rom. I also beat Minish Cap at least one or two times, and the last Zelda game I beat was Link's Awakening. I did attempt a full playthrough of Zelda II at one point, and I got quite far if I recall properly, though I lost track of what I was supposed to do and got fed up with the combat. Haven't really played any of the 3D Zelda's, like Ocarina of Time, but I swear I will get around to them someday.

#29 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

This is a list of the games that I haven't beaten or played. It's apparently easier to analyze the negative space than to document the positive space.

Four Swords: (Not FS Adventures, which I played to completion.) I just haven't played Four Swords at all, as far as I'm aware.

Phantom Hourglass: Got pretty far into the game before the sense of "These controls are awful" beat me over the head and knocked me unconscious. I just could not play with the Stylus. (Also I owned no Stylus at the time. :heh: ) so I used PAR Codes to use the DPad for movement and the right-buttons for other actions. It was only marginally better. The angles were all skewed when moving. A real "bleh" experience.

Spirit Tracks: Never played. I have it, but I can't bring myself to play it.

Skyward Sword: Playing it for the first time. I seem to have gotten VERY lucky with most of the minigames so far so I'm getting all the HCPs, but I can't seem to master the timed flight scene where you learn that Spiral Charge thing. Ten targets in 120 seconds? I can barely hit five of the targets. D: I can't stand being timed. :sick:

A Link Between Worlds: Haven't played it.

TriForce Heroes: Haven't played it. Kinda want to though.

Breath of the Wild: Probably spent more hours watching Let's Plays of it than I will playing the actual game whenever I get it in ten years.

#30 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:55 AM

@Norzan: I'd say a remake may count for Zelda I. But it depends on which remake it is. If you played the one bundled into the program, definitely.

@ShadowTiger: May I be the first to recommend TriForce Heroes? Its most common complaint seems to be the ludicrous story with its emphasis on fashion. But the game is designed in a way that that emphasis makes sense. It also is hella fun. I love it.

Edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami, 20 April 2017 - 09:56 AM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zelda, Nintendo, CD-i

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users