• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

#436 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:46 PM

WTF is the logic behind this:

"You were disconnected from the server last time. Now you have to wait for an extended period before you try again"

WHY punish people because your service isn't better?

They're trying to crack down on people duplicating Pokémon. Unfortunately, it seems to be hindering more and more actual players who get disconnected legitimately. :shrug:

#437 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:05 PM

Never really noticed the similarity until I watched this.

Finally figured out how to add in YouTube videos; yay!

Edited by Fiyaball, 19 February 2017 - 09:15 PM.

#438 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:10 PM

I feel like Guzma's theme samples a lot of bits from past battle themes, and I can definitely hear hints of the battle against Red in there in the main melody. Nice touch. Guzma's theme is one of my favorite new battle themes.

#439 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:54 AM

I really dislike how when health is lowered or raised in battle it always takes the same length of time. If I'm lowering an enemy HP 3 points it should not take as long as when I'm lowering it 220 points. It just bothers me because I'm so used to gauging the amount of damage by how fast the HP meter is lowered. I don't like watching it lower slowly and I'm on the edge of my seat wondering if it's going to do a large or small amount of damage. Frustrating.

• thepsynergist, The Satellite and Avaro like this

#440 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:15 AM

What would have been a good UI for the damage calculation would be for the damage to be shown all at once, but it changes color, then the bar catches up with the colored portion that was lost, similar to how fighting games handle HP.

#441 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:03 AM

That'd work. I'd settle for a consistent HP per second though.

#442 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:41 AM

Okay this just annoys me, when I go to the Battle Tree why can't I select the Pokemon on my active team? I have to specifically take them off my team and deposit them in the computer first.

Similarly, when I have a team registered for Online Competitions I can't use them on my active team in single player mode until the competition's over or I disband the team. I mean, WHY?? What possible reason is there to design it that way?

Edited by Cukeman, 16 March 2017 - 02:41 AM.

#443 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:56 AM

Er, you SHOULD be able to select them from your active team. I can, at least. Are you sure the option's not there? There should be a "Current Party" option or something similar.

#444 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:56 AM

Ah, the Battle Tree has three panels to select from, two are kind of offscreen. I was on "Team 1" and trying to put Pokemon on that team from my active party by choosing "Switch", which wouldn't let me access my active party.

EDIT: Also, you'd think that if Pokemon can be stored electronically your character would have them on a portable computer/laptop/thumb drive or whatever that they can carry around, especially considering how much memory is available these days :P

Edited by Cukeman, 16 March 2017 - 04:59 AM.

#445 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

Yeah, but they're stored online so you can access them anywhere. Look at how much just a simple, 2 GB/month phone data plan costs. Now ask yourself how many GBs you'd need to describe a Pokemon. It's shape, it's internal anatomy, its genetics, its memory, its personality... And this is anytime you deposit or withdraw one. I don't care how many trainers they beat into submission and rob get winnings from, no eleven year-old is gonna be able to afford those kinds of monthly payments. :P

#446 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

Each pokemon stored is only 232 bytes of data.  It's not killing anyone's server's storing that kind of data...

#447 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

edit

Edited by Cukeman, 16 March 2017 - 05:43 PM.

#448 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

I found that you can pass a Hidden Ability from an Alolan form to a Kanto form and vice-versa.
I have the female with the Hidden Ability and the male be the desired form with an Everstone.

#449 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:02 AM

Well, just found my 4th shiny~

#1: Shiny Ditto found when chaining Dittos for IVs

#2: Hatched a shiny Sandshrew while breeding for trades using a foreign Ditto (did a soft reset to make it a shiny Shuckle)

#3: Hatched a shiny Pichu while breeding for trades using a foreign Ditto (did a soft reset to make it a shiny Onix ['cause gold Steelix is awesome])

#4: Shiny Meowth found when chaining for Meowth's hidden ability

4 shinies in 548 hours. Yes I play this game too much, but in my defense I didn't spend any time looking for shinies, I just found them. Also I bred a 6IV Sandshrew which was super lucky (from 4IV / 2IV parents) too bad I didn't predetermine his nature.

EDIT: Dammit, tried to get Meowth's hidden ability again and got another shiny Meowth!

Edited by Cukeman, 19 March 2017 - 12:31 PM.

#450 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:51 PM

When the delivery guy comes to the PokeCenter, I realize they have him stand there until you leave so they don't have to animate him walking out (because having him just disappear would be weird) but... it's even stranger that he won't walk out the door if you're watching. I mean he has a job and he'll just stand there for days not moving just so that you don't see him walk out... you chose the more bizarre option Game Freak. Having him just disappear would be less stange.

Also, he says "Good night" (a parting message) when he should say "Good evening" (a meeting message), translators pay attention to yo grammar

Edited by Cukeman, 24 March 2017 - 02:51 PM.

• Daniel likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users