The Legend of Zelda - The Tower of Dawn

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#16 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

Update: Updated the quest to 2.10 because my new laptop can't run 192b183. All Ihad to do was open it in ZQuest and once I'd saved it, it worked fine. I'm curretly testing it and I haven't found any game-killing bugs.

Apart from that, nothing has changed with the quest.

Edited by Laprabi, 02 November 2010 - 02:20 PM.

#17 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(Laprabi @ Oct 19 2010, 07:58 AM) View Post
Thanks for the input. Anyway, I spent the last few days making some custom graphics for my quest. Here are some screenshots of them (in ZQuest):

IPB Image

IPB Image

Yeah, I had to do them in ZQuest because I'm planning to use these graphics in dungeons that I haven't made yet. The second screenshot is on a planned screen, showcasing the graphics. I'm also editing the where the doors are.

EDIT: Also, I'll probably have an area in Level 9 where you get to pick one of the three items. Or maybe a shop where each item is 999 Rupees. I don't even know yet.

Your custom walls don't look too bad for a beginner in ZQuest, although they look like edits of the normal walls. The oblong blocks aren't too bad either. The scattered triforce design reminds me of a certain puzzle in OoT from the forest temple (the one where you have to push blocks to reform the portrait of one of the Poes back togther in order to get it out). will there be a puzzle here involving you to put the triforce on the floor back together?

Its interesting to see where this quest will end up, I hope you complete this so it can be enjoyed by the masses (not many get complete nowadays).

#18 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:07 PM

^I am planning to complete this quest. I've had to strain myself to think of interesting level ideas so I'm not letting all that go to waste.

Also:

IPB Image

New title screen. What do you think?

#19 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

Bump.

I'm thinking of redesigning Level 1,because I don't like how it turned out. Time will be devoted to fixing it now.

Also, what overworld midi should I use? I was thinking of Siberian Skies from MM4 (the one Peteo used for the main overworld in MMDWR:DC), but I'd rather use a more Zelda-like one, maybe the one used in the BS Example quest (you know, the Zelda remake that comes with Zelda Classic 2.10). What do you think?

#20 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE(Laprabi @ Oct 15 2010, 03:48 PM) View Post
....three complete rows of Heart Containers (which makes 24, I think). This means that there are 4 Heart Pieces in each level, with a Heart Container for the boss. This also means that there will be 20 Heart Pieces in the overworld....

your math is off by one, but that concept should work nicely. love the custom walls and the blocks are decent, too. keep plugging away!

#21 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:15 AM

Bump. Currently in process on redesigning Level 1 and slightly expanding the overworld.

#22 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

Another bump. Finished redesigning Level 1 and now going to redesign Level 2. Here are some screenshots. These will replace the old Level 1 ones on the first page.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Laprabi, 22 November 2010 - 03:06 PM.

#23 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:58 AM

Okay, this is the final bump I can give to this topic for now. Anyway, in the time since my last bump, I have completely redesiged Level 2, making it much better but still staying faithful to the old gimmicks and using the same items. It has a slightly harder boss though, but it shouldn't be too hard. I have also made the overworld a little prettier. Screenshots later.

#24 ToonLink100

ToonLink100

• Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

Cool! I like it so far! It has an interesting name, and the game looks great! icon_biggrin.gif

#25 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:21 AM

Okay, here are some screenshots of Level 2. I still have some things to change, and presumabely make some of the rooms more interesting. But for now, here are some of them.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Also, does anyone think that Level 2 is too big for a Level 2?

#26 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

Yeah, its pretty big. Its slightly bigger than L2 in my Diamond Quest. Unless you are making a big quest like Hero of Dreams, I say to make it slightly smaller.

#27 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

Hmm, maybe. Although this quest isn't supposed to be easy and there are three very long levels at the end (Levels 7, 8 and 9 will each have an 8x8 map to themselves, with 9 having at least 3), so yeah. I might remove a few of the rooms to cut down on the size a bit, just so the level isn't too long. Level 1 is quite long too, now that I think about it.

#28 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

Just a bit of a bump. No real developemnt has taken place due to school, but I have been planning Level 3. I already know the gimmick I'm going to use, but I'm not sure on how the map should look, which is important given the nature of this gimmick.

#29 Laprabi

Laprabi

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

Wow, it's been a while.

I do plan to complete this quest eventually, it's just a lot of stuff has come up and I haven't had as much time to finish this quest. I've recently had a little bit of inspiration and motivation to start the quest again, but I don't know to be honest. I'm currently in the process of making Level 3, and once I've done that, I'll design Level 4. Honestly, my plans only extended as far as Level 3 to begin with, so I'll have quite a lot to do.

Also, sorry to those who were interested in this quest, I'll do my best to finish it eventually. It is supposed to be very long though.

#30 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:46 PM

I think the quest looks cool!

Don't give up. Quests do take quite a bit of time to finish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users