Custom Multi-Size “Eyeball Combos" FFC Script Request

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:07 AM

An Eyeball Combo is a combo which changes to one of the 4 (or 8) frames in it’s tile page animation based on the position of Link relative to the combo’s coordinates. It is typically used as a combo that adjusts itself to face Link:

http://oi67.tinypic.com/29ckzv9.jpg

What I would like is to have a combo that changes to one of the 4 (or 8) combos (this combo plus the next 3 [or 7]) in the combo list based on the position of Link relative to the FFC’s X and Y coordinates (not the combo's coordinates). For clarity let's call this "mod-eye behavior".

And I would like the arguments to behave as follows:

D0: 0 for "4-Way", 1 for "8-Way A", 2 for "8-Way B"

D1: # of a combo that uses "mod-eye behavior"

D2: # of a combo that uses "mod-eye behavior"

D3: # of a combo that uses "mod-eye behavior"

D4: # of a combo that uses "mod-eye behavior"

D5: # of a combo that uses "mod-eye behavior"

D6: # of a combo that uses "mod-eye behavior"

D7: # of a combo that uses "mod-eye behavior"

So in effect, all the combos listed in D1-D7 would be changing in sync, all becoming their 3rd combo at the same time, all becoming their 6th combo at the same time, etc.

I’ve asked for 2 or 3 versions of this script in the past, but this script is much more precise about what I’m actually trying to accomplish. My previous requests weren’t really well-defined at all.

EDIT: The term "multi-size" in the thread title just refers to one of the many possible applications of this script.

Edited by Cukeman, 02 April 2016 - 07:09 AM.

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:05 AM

So the only difference between this and the combo type is that this one changes the combo instead of just changing the tile?

I'd script this but I'm not sure how to script the eye behavior correctly.

#3 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

So the only difference between this and the combo type is that this one changes the combo instead of just changing the tile?

I'd script this but I'm not sure how to script the eye behavior correctly.

No, the other difference is that multiple combos would change the same way at the same time. With ordinary Eyeball Combos, each one changes independently in relation to Link. I'm looking for a way to have all the specified combos change so that (in one application) I could make an "Eyeball Combo" which is several combos tall and several combos wide (instead of a cluster of Eyeball Combos that each does it's own thing).

EDIT 2: Another difference is that Eyeball Combos change based on their placement in relation to Link, and I was wanting them to change based on the FFC's position, which could be totally different than the actual combo's location.

EDIT 1: If you can't script an Eyeball Combo, I wondered if there might be a way to tell a combo to change when an actual Eyeball Combo changes. That might be slightly off in terms of position, depending on how it's done, but shouldn't be too far off.

EDIT 3: 2x2 Eyeball combo solution found: http://www.purezc.ne...=69547&p=995214

Edited by Cukeman, 20 April 2016 - 06:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users