Some simple and not so simple requests!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:01 PM

Looking for a few scripts for my quests. I'll get the easy ones out of the way first.

2x2 Zora Boss - basically what I'm looking for is a boss that functions like a large Zora. If that's all that can be done I'm fine with it. What I would also like is for it to have a few different attacks. The first being the normal Zora behavior. The second attack is for it to spray multiple fireballs, then wait a little bit longer before diving or until Link hits it. The last attack would be to emerge, make a roaring noise, dive and then between 2 and 5 regular Zoras spawn and the big Zora remains submerged until the regular ones are defeated.

NPC spawns enemies - possibly as an extension of Moosh’s NPC script since that's what I'm using. When the NPC is spoken to it displays a string, then vanishes and spawns an enemy in its place. Possible use for this would be a humanoid enemy or a Ganondorf NPC that spawns Ganon after you speak to it.

Hit switches in correct order - just like in many of the official Zelda games this would require you to hit switches in a certain order, and change their tile to an "active" tile and if they are hit in the wrong order they reset. A varation of this would be needing the spin attack to activate them all at the same time. Another variation would be not requiring a certain order but having a timer before they reset so Link needs to quickly activate them.

Wrong switch spawns enemies - multiple switches in a room, one activates secrets, the others drop enemies from the ceiling. Arguments would be whether the FFC activates secrets, which item interacts with them (so there could be a sword version and an arrow version). For the enemy spawners the remaining arguments would be the enemy IDs, and the one to toggle secrets would have which tile to switch to for being activated (like an eye switch that closes).

Hopefully what I described makes sense. Thanks in advance!
  • Jared and Naru like this

#2 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:54 PM

Hit switches in correct order - just like in many of the official Zelda games this would require you to hit switches in a certain order, and change their tile to an "active" tile and if they are hit in the wrong order they reset. A varation of this would be needing the spin attack to activate them all at the same time. Another variation would be not requiring a certain order but having a timer before they reset so Link needs to quickly activate them.

Puzzle Order- This one already exists, though set up is a bit tricky. Basically, all ffcs in the script have to be in numerical order. (So for four switches, you have to use ffc's 1-4) Additionally, placement of the ffcs is a bit on the sensitive side. Even one pixel off can cause unintended glitches. If you use this, I'd suggest keeping it to a maximum of six switches since after that things can get a bit tricky.

Wrong switch spawns enemies - multiple switches in a room, one activates secrets, the others drop enemies from the ceiling. Arguments would be whether the FFC activates secrets, which item interacts with them (so there could be a sword version and an arrow version). For the enemy spawners the remaining arguments would be the enemy IDs, and the one to toggle secrets would have which tile to switch to for being activated (like an eye switch that closes).

I might be able to whip that one up if someone else doesn't get to it first, since I've always liked the idea.

As for the others, I'd have to know a bit more about the quest you're working on before I'd commit to anything.
  • Chakaa likes this

#3 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:39 PM

Thank you! Puzzle order is perfect. Haven't tested it yet but I'm sure it should work fine for what I need. If you could do the other puzzle one I'm sure more than just me here would love to use it!

If you're interested in the 2x2 Zora and the NPC enemy spawner I can throw together a mock of the boss rooms for those to give you an idea of how exactly the scripts would be used.

• Jared likes this

#4 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:14 PM

If you're interested in the 2x2 Zora and the NPC enemy spawner I can throw together a mock of the boss rooms for those to give you an idea of how exactly the scripts would be used.

Let me see if I can clarify what I meant earlier.

I'm willing to work on the following things-

1. Scripts for enemies I plan to use.

2. Scripts for effects, items, puzzles and dungeon elements I plan to use.

3. Scripts for quests that I've seen a demo of.

4. Scripts for enemies, if the idea for the enemy is interesting enough.

5. Testing of an interesting quest.

I don't create tiles, generally because I'm not good at it. I can't compose music and I'm not particularly good at acquiring sound effects. I don't work on the design of someone else's quest overworld or dungeons.

So, I'd need a little more information about the quest before I could decide if I wanted to help with the boss. The switch that spawns enemies falls under number 2 on my list. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

#5 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:35 PM

Alright, I've got the wrong switch done.

Wrong Switch

This was fairly simple and I'm surprised that I haven't really seen anything the same before. I know that there are some which spawn waves of foes or have enemies that drop from the ceiling, but nothing quite like this.

Edited by ywkls, 10 April 2016 - 02:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users