Photo

Screenshot of the Week 569

Moosh Russ Aevin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 569 (55 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

I've voted for Aevin because I like his caption the best.

what are you doing guys.

Aevin gets my vote.

I had forgotten how much I like that song. I need to play Super Mario Land again!

• Lüt likes this

#17 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:51 PM

Nulled this time!

What the §&%$ have you done to this SOTW?

Those screenshots have nothing to do with Zelda.

It's a Zelda Classic screenshot competition. People don't make just Zelda-style games in Zelda Classic. As long as the screenshot was made in ZQuest, that's all that matters.

• MermaidCim likes this

#18 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:29 PM

Forbidden Ascent 2: Forbidden Descent!? :P

All look fantastic, but I won't tell I voted for Russ. That's a pretty nice setting for a cave, combined with eerie music, would give me the creeps.
  • Russ and coolgamer012345 like this

#19 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:34 PM

Aevin got my vote., i love that kind of level

Super Mario 2 + wonderboy in monsteworld ?

#20 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:57 PM

this is a really good week, SotW should run out of shots and have the staff conspire to win more often......... :twisted:

moosh's grabbed my heart the most but all the shots were good

#21 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:18 PM

Anyways, voted for Moosh. I think the background opening up and showing forest/jungle is kind of neat, though the background brick tiles look kind of bland.

My thoughts as well.

Aevin's initially grabbed my attention the most, but the more I looked into the screens and imagined playing them, the more I came to like that segment of forest showing through the background, especially the brown-highlighted silhouettes in the distance. The vines in the building tie it all together, and there's a good balance of light and dark in both the foreground building and the background forest.

Oh, and Russ exists too :P

#22 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:57 PM

0_ADANIILIKEIT1.jpg

me when im intrigued by the choices.

i vote aevin because desert

#23 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:16 AM

Seems that I am still not good enough to make jokes obvious enough in english, that was meant as pure nonsense because all your screens look great equally.

#24 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:30 AM

Voted this time purely on initial visual.

Russ:  This was nice the more I looked at it, but my first instinct was to think it was too dark.

Moosh:  The bright color and use of background/foreground gave Moosh my vote.  The hanging vines helped.

Aevin:  This one was nice, except for the blockiness.  The pyramids in the far background suggest a nice smooth angle.  Sure, up close it could be blocky, except you then add identical angles in the foreground.  Again, a knee-jerk reaction, but it is what it is.

#25 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:37 PM

....I'm going to mull further and hopefully return to feel more confident in my voting.

Moosh's.

#26 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:21 PM

Aevin:  This one was nice, except for the blockiness.  The pyramids in the far background suggest a nice smooth angle.  Sure, up close it could be blocky, except you then add identical angles in the foreground.  Again, a knee-jerk reaction, but it is what it is.

The funny thing is I never thought of the foreground structure as being one of the pyramids, but now that I look at it, its sloped shape does sort of suggest that.

I'm a huge fan of Moosh's shot. The way it opens up in the middle to show the background gives some color and variety to a temple setting. Reminds me a bit of the background windows in some Mega Man stages. (Top Man's stage springs to mind.)

In the end I voted for Russ. I love the concept of glowing mushrooms spicing up a cave. I feel like the colors need to be tweaked for it to work to its full potential. Some brighter mushrooms would provide more of a glowy look. But I like the way the simple background provides a bit of character, and I have a good feeling about where this area's going even if it's not quite where it needs to be yet.

• Shane likes this

#27 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:42 PM

I SUSPECT COLLUSION HERE.  THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED, IN FAVOR OF...

Interesting opportunity here, knowing that nobody outside of the three amigos delivered for this week.

I'd say something about the subscreen, choice of tileset, and caption cleverness, but I'm afraid we have a dead draw there.  However, for those who love numbers, you can claim that 100 > 76 > 52, unless you like golf, for in which all three would be terrible players, but not equally terrible.  A true American hero will pick the star in the A-button choice over the boomerang and sword.  But none of the screens look all that presidential, and they all clearly lack political experience.

But for the true voter who believes in making a decision based on the real issue: The main portion of the screen, the answer goes to...
Donald J. Trump.

No, not really.  They are good screens, but I have the softest side for Russ' cave screen, with the mushrooms and stalactites.  There is my vote for lesser of three evils.... Um, I mean, best of three screens.

• Evan20000 likes this

#28 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:20 PM

I don't get it

• coolgamer012345 likes this

#29 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:33 PM

I don't get it

Well you see, this is a contest where users of this forum submit screenshot from their quests made in Zelda Classic. You are given the option of voting for one of the submitted screenshots to be the "winner" of that week, alternatively you can null vote, or not vote at all; Someone could even vote for themselves, though doing so is generally considered bad practice. This week, three users submitted screenshots, which curiously are all themed similarly and have identical captions.

• Shane likes this

#30 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:20 PM

Well you see, this is a contest where users of this forum submit screenshot from their quests made in Zelda Classic. You are given the option of voting for one of the submitted screenshots to be the "winner" of that week, alternatively you can null vote, or not vote at all; Someone could even vote for themselves, though doing so is generally considered bad practice. This week, three users submitted screenshots, which curiously are all themed similarly and have identical captions.

huh

• Rambly, Professor Bedwetter, Sheik and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Moosh, Russ, Aevin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users