Changing a screen's c-set quickly.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:22 PM

Is there a way to copy a screen to another blank screen but change the c-set within the level palette without replacing each combo manually? I feel like I might be missing something obvious, but paste-> specific-> palette just pastes the level palette which stays the same anyway.

I basically want to know if there's a hot key that shifts a screen's c-set, to put it another way. :P

Thanks.

#2 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:44 PM

If you want to set the whole screen to the same CSet, there's Tools -> Color Set Fix. I don't believe there's a way to shift the CSet of the whole screen, but you don't have to redo each combo, at least. Shift+click places just the CSet, and Ctrl+Shift+click does a CSet flood fill.
  • Anthus likes this

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:19 PM

If you want to set the whole screen to the same CSet, there's Tools -> Color Set Fix. I don't believe there's a way to shift the CSet of the whole screen, but you don't have to redo each combo, at least. Shift+click places just the CSet, and Ctrl+Shift+click does a CSet flood fill.

@Saffith: I think that we should rename Floodfill, to CSet Fill, or something to indicate what it does, when a user finds it in the contextual menu. No-one ever remembers what it does.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#4 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:40 PM

That's not what it does. Case in point, I guess.
  • ShadowTiger likes this

#5 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:54 AM

That's not what it does. Case in point, I guess.

That doesn't change the CSet of the tiles affected? No, I rarely remember what that thing does, and I'm asked on a periodic basis. It doesn't help that the Wiki entry is as follows:

Set Fill type: - Flood: ? - Fill (4-way): ?? - Fill (8-way): ?? - Flood2 (4-way): ?? - Flood2 (8-way): ??

It's not a useful command name, regardless.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 10 December 2016 - 12:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users