Applications are Closed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:46 PM

Recently, we've hired several new staff members. However, we're interested in hiring a few more. We're looking for up to 1 Database Assistant and 1 more Forum Assistant.

Forum Assistants are responsible for moderating forums and handling staff correspondence over rule violations and other matters, as well as responding to forum reports. Database Assistants process submissions, moderate review and submission content, and handle database reports. Both are responsible for participating in staff discussions and polls.

If you're interested, you can submit your application as a private message to me, and I'll make sure it gets to the proper place. In the title of your PM, please include your user name and the position you wish to apply for, like so: "Aevin: Database Assistant." In the body of the message, you can make your case however you like. What do you think you could bring to the staff team? What are your strengths? Why do you wish to be part of the staff? You're not at all limited to these questions, but they're a good starting point. Please don't be at all shy when talking about your good points.

Applications will be open until Sunday, June 21st, and we will make our decisions shortly afterwards. Please keep in mind that we may decide not to hire anyone else at this time.

Thank you for your interest, and best of luck to any applicants! :)

• Shane, Eddy, Joelmacool and 2 others like this

#2 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:56 PM

I think I might apply for that Forum Assistant position.  I've been slacking off recently, so I should probably be demoted.  Go on, I deserve it.

*runs*

• Eddy, Jared, Binx and 5 others like this

#3 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:21 PM

To quote a hated character...

"GREAT! I'll grab my stuff!"

• Jared, SkyLizardGirl and Logos like this

#4 SUCCESSOR

SUCCESSOR

Apprentice

• Banned

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:45 AM

Is the position of Malefic Overlord available? I'll be applying for it.

• Theryan, Aevin and Logos like this

#5 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:27 AM

Who's the guy that does nothing except stop by every now and again to make jokes? I'll do that. ...What, that position has already been filled... by me? Oh well.

I can also speak fluent penguin and give pep talks and teach formation fundamentals so that no one gets eaten by seals.
  • GamingNomad, LinkFan212, SkyLizardGirl and 1 other like this

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:58 AM

Look out everybody! I just submitted my application (or just simply a pm that says I'm interested)
  • SkyLizardGirl and Logos like this

#7 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:11 PM

"....so no one else gets eaten by seals."
  • SkyLizardGirl likes this

#8 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:22 PM

EDIT: Just realised I must PM Aevin, sorry for that :P

Also, good luck everyone!

Edited by Joelmacool12, 06 June 2015 - 02:26 PM.

#9 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:04 PM

Is there any kind of special criteria for either of these positions? Do you have to be a certain age or have been around the community for a certain period of time? I'm not sure if I'd want to take either of these positions, but I'm just curious.

#10 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:00 PM

There's no special qualifications. I think some of those things will be taken into account, but for anyone who's interested, just go ahead and make a case for yourself.

• Joelmacool and Deedee like this

#11 theinsanenexas

theinsanenexas

POSITIVE VIBES

• Members

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:45 AM

awesome i will definitely apply  

#12 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:04 AM

I'm personally not interested in becoming a moderator or a database assistant and decided against it. I don't think I could handle either of those jobs well enough and I think PureZC deserves a little better. Hopefully by the time a future application or the next one after that pops up, I might be more confident and more fitting for any possible position available. But what I really wanted to say was good luck to those that applied. :D

• Eddy, strike, Jared and 3 others like this

#13 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:03 AM

My take on this: If you end up with no-one better, and remain short-handed I'd do either, as a temporary position. I couldn't manage to do it full-time, and do the other things here, to which I've committed meself.

If you need another Script DB maganger, I could do that without too many worries. I'm not certain what your requirements, and expectations are, for general DB staff.

As to my qualifications, I've run three forum/BBS sites/services, still run (SysOp) two, SysOp and administer seven servers (OSX, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris (as if anyone cares, and other *nix systems), know my way around IIS, and generally know server-related things. That said, again, committing to this f/t would be unfair, to all parties involved, unless the duties are light. I also have no idea how your moderators work together, decide on actions, and so forth.

For BB Software, my main usage is on SFM, and I now detest Dotster and ICANN's new policies, as my job requires me to play their verification dance, every time someone wants to steal a domain name.

It's not something that I feel anyone should consider, without knowing all the demands, rules, and the general method of operation expected for these positions.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 17 June 2015 - 09:13 AM.

#14 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:05 PM

hmmm....                  actually I might consider this. Database side anyways.

#15 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:01 AM

I wasn't really considering applying, but I started thinking and I guess I could move up a bit from my Chat Staff position :P I also think it could be pretty fun too, therefore I'm gonna go ahead and apply... that's if I'm allowed to that is. Good luck to everyone else who applied :D

Edited by Eddy, 19 June 2015 - 10:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users