Quest 447

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:37 AM

Giving this a try.  Trying to find as much stuff before entering level 1.  Got white sword and stumbled onto a bomb expansion.  Haven't found level 4 yet, but still some spots unable to get to at this time.  Hopefully don't have to burn a random bush, at least until can get red candle.  

Should go into levels now given fairly well equipped.

Hmm, map in level 3 isn't hard to find.  Not that many blocks to try to push

Edit:  yeah, can see why people could have trouble finding level 4.  Not sure how I guessed right on having to burn bushes.  Oh well, found other random stuff along the way, mostly money and door repair charges

Edited by pixcalibur, 01 December 2016 - 04:10 AM.

#17 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:01 AM

The bugfix update is live.

• Anthus likes this

#18 bti182

bti182

The Cigar Hound

• Members

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:26 PM

Even with completion of the game with the previous update, is it worth continuing the game with the new updates?  Thanks again for the fantastic play, will have to revisit Quest 744 again!

#19 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:13 PM

The new updates are just fixes; if you've already played the quest through, the only things left to find are the new money/door repair locations. So probably not worth another run unfortunately.

Considering how short of a timespan this took to make, I might consider doing an expansion to the quest in the future though.

• Anthus likes this

#20 bti182

bti182

The Cigar Hound

• Members

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:45 PM

To be completely honest... there's nothing really negative I could say about the quest, or recommended changes which would fill the gaps.  I didn't mind exploring each screen as if there were secrets hidden, and when I would find a secret, I felt as if I deserved it.  The difficulty wasn't insane, and progression of the difficulty was on a good curve ... never feeling like I didn't stand a chance with rage quits or that I couldn't make it through.  

All depending on what choice you could make after entering and exploring Level 9 ... either choosing to collect a certain item, leave, and backtrack to another certain item ... or carry on and finish the level without skipping a beat ... I made the choice to finish the level without leaving then after beating Ganon, to return with certain item, I enjoyed each step along the way.

I would love to see a continued expansion of this quest, and maybe even a mirrored or dark world after completion.

Again, excellent work and I had fun!

#21 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:13 AM

Just finished the quest.  Pretty solid little piece here.  Nice throwback to the original Zelda 1.  Old school style suits me pretty well instead of the excess customizing of things in some quests.

Downloaded the current version, but I think it's still the old version without the fixes.  Still has the level 7 locked door bug and some other minor things you mentioned in an earlier post.

Any real point to the wallet?  Bomb bag I can skip.  Heart ring is attractive to try

Just wondering, is there a compass in level 8?  Couldn't find one anywhere

Any idea about that one room towards the lower left corner? (column 1, row 6)

zelda001_zpse85lxj8i.jpg

===================================

I think this is all the items and upgrades available in the quest.  Any other bomb expansions?

zelda002_zpsmxluudv5.jpg

Edited by pixcalibur, 02 December 2016 - 04:12 AM.

• Deedee likes this

#22 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:02 AM

Hm. I wondered why the update didn't show up in the new item queue. I'll submit the update again.

Edit: it appears the update is live, even though it didn't show up on the front page.

Edited by Ben, 02 December 2016 - 05:38 PM.

#23 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:51 PM

Hm. I wondered why the update didn't show up in the new item queue. I'll submit the update again.

Edit: it appears the update is live, even though it didn't show up on the front page.

Mind checking the screenshots above to see if that's everything in the quest?  Also, a couple little things in the post above that I think you already caught (any compass in level 8?  Room in level 9?) and fixed.

#24 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:20 AM

I've finished levels 1,2,3,5.and some of 6 but I can't find the raft.

Any hints would be much appreciated.

Hey Miss Zelda Lady, I'm glad you're still playing ZC! :) *hugs*

#25 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:46 AM

Mind checking the screenshots above to see if that's everything in the quest?  Also, a couple little things in the post above that I think you already caught (any compass in level 8?  Room in level 9?) and fixed.

You appear to have found everything at this point. The fixed version is up for reals now, something was up with Chrome so I had to upload from another browser.

#26 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:45 PM

I can't find level 4 :<

v2wgUvh.png

I think I found a minor bug: This cave doesn't go anywhere.

#27 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:25 PM

you got a hint about the center of the compass.  If you go to your map and look around the lower right area, you'll see bushes shaped in letters that resemble a standard compass, which should cue you where to look.

• Anthus likes this

#28 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

Whoops! Looks like one of the secrets I added I missed changing the cave combo from zero. I was working quite hurriedly at the time.
  • Anthus likes this

#29 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:19 PM

I found it! Thanks guys. Yeah, I was right around it too.

And.. Door repair guys suck lol. Tbh, it's my least favorite aspect of Z1, but it's more of a problem in the second quest :P

#30 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:28 PM

Honestly, money isn't going to be much of an issue after you make your main purchases.  And yeah, a lot of door repair charges, but plenty of free money to make up for that

Already sent this bit to the creator, but a couple pics here to see if others had similar issues

Couldn't find a compass in this level, unless I missed it in some hidden room.

zelda003_zpspgqacace.jpg

==================================

When you go into this place, text string comes up silently.  Everywhere else is ok.

zelda004_zps5vmts4r4.jpg

Edited by pixcalibur, 04 December 2016 - 12:16 AM.

• Anthus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users