LoZ: TToE progress thread

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#1 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:51 AM

Welcome to the thread! This was the official thread for old quest, The Legend of Zelda: Shadow's Awakening. It was created by me with help from KenMeister. Development officially ceased on June 30th, 2011, after finishing the second to last level. This quest took up the majority of my time originally working with Zelda Classic, and I feel that letting it sit on my hard drive rotting away is an injustice. Therefore, I am releasing the project file for the public to play. It's a 2.5 quest file but the majority of it was made in 2.10 so bugs can potentially occur. The game is quite rough, as development started in 2009 when I was young and inexperienced with Zelda Classic. Later portions of the game are also kind of rough as I'm pretty sure I became lazy while working on the game. However, despite this the game is completely playable. Everything in the game is left intact from when I stopped development, with the exception of some ending text I added. I would have submitted this to the database however I feel that this counts as a beta and betas are not supposed to be submitted. I hope you enjoy this look into my past as a ZC questmaker. And my apologies to the fans of this game from 6 years ago that never got to see this game completed.

Also please forgive the cheesy dialogue and the terrible map design. Feel free to ask me in the thread for help, I'll be glad to look through the file and figure out how to solve your problem.

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!q9pWgJaI!e2FeeD1ZBozq523GfB3X8SSrWuXbGvpKbjtG50J5oR0

Credits:

Myself

KenMeister 

The Spriter's Resource
The guys behind the CGBZ and EZGBC tilesets

VGMusic.com

Countless other names I cannot remember as it's been so long.

Welcome to the progress thread of LoZ: The Triforce of Evil, the new sequel to my first quest, Link in Holberina. Which is also my fan game addition of the oracles series

Story:
After Link was sent by the Triforce to Holdrum and Laybrina to save the two oracles from danger, the Triforce sent him to Holberina, the land between these two worlds.This is where Ganon and Vaati held Zelda captive. Now the triforce summons Link again and tells link about an evil plan. After a brief conversation with the newly possesed triforce, Link goes on a quest to find Marblehead the wizard. After geting a sword Link has a long journey ahead of him. Can he retrive the elamental medals and save the triforce?

Pictures: Coming later today...
Progress: intro: at least 95%
Overworld: 1%
EDIT: If you want to show support, put this in your signature. The bar will change with the title.SA%20SUPPORTER.gif

CODE

SA%20SUPPORTER.gif

Edit: I just want to add to the front.

1: This Quest is NOW called Shadow's Awakening

2: Progress
Intro 100%
Hyrule Field 100%
Dungeon 1 100%
Goron City 100%
Dungeon 2 100%
Dungeon 3 100%
Siphra Swamp 100%
Dungeon 4 100%
Dungeon 5 100%
Heaven's Gate (going to add more to it after Nayru's Bay)
Dungeon 6 100%
Dungeon 7 90% (Din's Trench YAY! Have to finish Boss)
Dungeon 8 0% (Haven't started)
Final Level 10% (Worked on Dethl a bit)
Ending 0% (Haven't started)
Secret Ending 5% (Made custom sprites)

SECRETS
Darknut Stadium 10% (Made the Outside)
Password Palace 100% (For secret items; need to add items)
Ganon's Castle 10% (Sprited some of Ganon; debating wheather to make him or not)

Story is now longer and more detailed. It is included in the readme/instruction manual.

Edited by King Harkinian, 15 January 2017 - 06:25 PM.

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

Well right know I'm not interested yet because I haven't seen any picture and because the story seems to be a little plain, the whole description is rather short. Give us some detailed information, this will make more people interested in it.
So long, Shiek.

#3 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:30 PM

Why I have no looks for the sequel;

I. Cliche, boring traditional title.
II. Dry, much dry story plot which posseses the traditional fragments of a Zelda Classic story line and is unoriginal
III. Needs huge wprk and revision to gain attentions to
IV. Your first quest was very low in rating, ( I played it myself, though ) and having played your first quest I have no concern for a sequel

#4 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE(Furion @ Apr 23 2009, 11:30 PM) View Post

I. Cliche, boring traditional title.
II. Dry, much dry story plot which posseses the traditional fragments of a Zelda Classic story line and is unoriginal
III. Needs huge wprk and revision to gain attentions to
IV. Your first quest was very low in rating, ( I played it myself, though ) and having played your first quest I have no concern for a sequel

I. Title can be changed over time, for now it's okay, I don't have a problem with an ordinary LoZ name.
II. Well, it's just the quest's style.
III. First see some screens.
IV. Maybe the sequel gets better.

theZCking, be sure to make good use of other's advice depending your screens and quest, because those are important. Also be sure to ignore some overdramatic requests too.

#5 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:46 PM

I'm sorry for expressing my opinion on the quest, and it seems I'm one of the very, very few whom don't like a Zelda quest or triforce overabused nonsense

#6 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:04 PM

His first quest has 3 stars. Not great, but not "very low" either, and it was his first. I think you guys are being a tad harsh.

ZCKing, I think once you have some screens, you'll get more constructive feedback.

#7 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

theZCKing ...! don't take so hard when some players are to opinionated !!
I played your quest, and the fact that, I didn't like, don't means is a bad quest!
I think is better to take easy, since many players don't show any "mercy"
Remember I told this once ago!
If you come out with a very good quest.. everybody will love and rate you high!

On the contrary -- if you come out with a piece of junk... you go straight to hell"..!

More or less,, that's the way! icon_shrug.gif

#8 Kwolfgames

Kwolfgames

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:05 AM

All I have to say is that

1. you are young.

2. you also do not have much in the way of experience, however that will come with time.

3. the fact that you are still making quests is something to be proud of even though you are only ten years old.

4. How many other ten year olds are making quests, hmmm?

5. You guys need to show some support, not everyone is great when they start out.

6. Make sure you (ZCking) put some puzzles in that quest (and make it three times as big as the first)

7. Frustration in moderation is a good thing

#9 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:39 AM

Once again, the title is a working progress. I couldn't think of one so I got it from my mom. I can Explain the story better. I was an hour away from home and Everyone was busy. I will explain the story much better.

When link was called by the triforce and defeated Onox and Vernan who threatened seasons and the flow of time. The triforce one again telported link to Holberina, another world which was in between Holdrum and Laybrinna. After saving Zelda who was brought there by Vaati, Link returned to Hyrule. After a long time the triforce summons Link once more and does something it normaly never does. Its essence talks to link. After a brief conversation, Link finds out the triforce had been possesed by the Wind Fish's nightmare, Deathl. Relizing Link himself doesn't have enough strentgh to beat Deathl, Link heads to Marblehead the wizard. Link then learns he'll need to get the elemental meadals to stop Deathl. Now Link must go on a perilous journey. Will he have enough wisdom, courage, and power to stop Deathl? Okay. That might be as detaled as possible. I also do not have that much. All I have is the intro and some of town. the first demo is going to be level one. Pictures will be in when I finish the overworld between the starting screen and level 1. Update: Now working on overworld and getting toward level one: Cystalia Caverns.

Edited by theZCking, 24 April 2009 - 11:58 AM.

#10 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE(Kwolfgames @ Apr 24 2009, 07:05 AM) View Post

4. How many other ten year olds are making quests, hmmm?

My Cousin icon_smile.gif

And my 6 year old sister wicth she is very good sort of icon_heh.gif

Edited by Midnight_King, 28 April 2009 - 02:33 AM.

#11 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:23 AM

Yeah, this quest will take almost a year to finish. I'm starting to think the pure and GBA being the same thing is kind of weird. Maybe I should make like an seasons ages game where there are two different games you can kind of link with passwords. If you get a secret from someone who talks about the other game, use there hint to unlock things in the opposite game.

#12 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(theZCking @ Apr 26 2009, 05:23 PM) View Post

Yeah, this quest will take almost a year to finish. I'm starting to think the pure and GBA being the same thing is kind of weird. Maybe I should make like an seasons ages game where there are two different games you can kind of link with passwords. If you get a secret from someone who talks about the other game, use there hint to unlock things in the opposite game.

You should atleast make some planning for item placement and other things before choosing tileset and starting with the designing your quests, and later hold tight to that plan, otherwise it would never be finished. icon_smile.gif

#13 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:05 AM

When I made LiH I never planeed anything When I first started the quest I thought it would have something to do with the four sword. Plans changed and it became a fan sequel to the oracles series... In this game, I have aa notebook that has all sorts of plans for the game, Orders for how I can make them, and boss room design. I planed everything I'm making in the game; and demo 1 is coming super soon.

#14 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:34 AM

Ok, what's the status so far? Any screenshots? I played some of your first quest but I got killed in the spike room in the first dungeon, I had some remarks however but its a slight improvement from the first submission. Keep it up. icon_smile.gif

#15 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:43 PM

I also would suggest showing something (screens) and telling as much of your ideas as possible without spoiling heavily. Otherwise it's just too hard to give a good advise or reasonable critic. I barely have an idea of what this quest will be like.
Also, I must agree that the name is boring, but you already explained that it isn't the final name, so I don't care that much about that. If it's about the triforce being possed by a villain, your name seems to fit. However, I'm sure there are more creative names to give to such quests. icon_wink.gif. But you'll surely do.
Hm, one thing that's strange to me is that a being is able to posess the triforce. Won't it split into fragments, if it's touched by someone who isn't powerful, couragous and wise at the same time and level? And how is a nightmare able to get into the sacred realm? If it were me, making that quest, I would skip the whole triforce deal and just go for windfish is dreaming bad again. And put that into bigger context, like making -lets say your elements have sages guarding them- the sages also having nightmares (= dungeonbosses) since they're somehow conected to the windfish (They can say stuff like :Link, awake the [synoym for the wind fish], take this [element], it will be helpful. Blabla.). Than your quest may start up with Link being send to awake the sages via killing their nightmares. After doing this it will be revealed that the nightmares where parts of a being called Deathl, the nighmare of a god like creature called the Wind Fish. Replacing the sages by other mystical animals would be more creative I guess.

Well, that's just some spontanous thoughts on that. And it's just my personal impression, if it is offense in any way to you, I apologize. I wasn't wanting to say your project is boring or uncreative, I wanted to help. Also, my english may sound strange. That's because I'm no native speaker, so if anything's unclear, feel free to ask.

So long, Shiek.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users