Photo

Spicy hottest stuff you've heard of, tried etc.

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 LikeLike888

LikeLike888

Spicy food lover!!

• Members

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

My mom tried Blair's Sudden Death sauce once.

My mom and I heard of spicy hotter than 16,000,000 (sixteen million) scoville units spicy hot.

I tried a tiny little drop of a Blair's Ultra Death sauce once before.

#2 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:36 PM

When you tried that death sauce, what happened? Give us some details.

• Astromeow likes this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:44 PM

The spiciest thing I've ever had is probably a Jalapeno, mostly because I'm not courageous enough to completely burn my mouth or the fact that any of that insane spicy stuff isn't really available in my area...

#4 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:52 PM

I was at a friend's house for his birthday party, quite intoxicated at the time. There was like 8 of us and we were playing Rock Band and just rotating in and out. I was on the drums when he brought in a home grown ghost pepper. He handed to to me right before the song and i just ate it in one bite. About a minute into the song I was drenched in sweat and completely unable to play the drums. I literally just fell off the stool and crawled away and had someone take over for me. I'm sure it was hilarious to everyone else, but boy oh boy was it awful for me. XD

• Magi_Hero, Hergiswi and nicklegends like this

#5 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:57 PM

I once had a spoon of what I believe was a sauce made from ghost pepper. Imported from the US, because it's not available here in Norway. It was insane - intense burning in my mouth for roughly 20-minutes. I have never had anything that comes even close the how hot this was.

It said on the bottle that the sauce could be used to clean machinery. Yeah, that says a lot. It also said you shouldn't have it if you've got a heart condition. Mhm. So naturally, we decided to smear it on a friend's pizza, or at least a small part of it. He was convinced that the oven had heated up the pizza to a point where it just wouldn't cool down. It was fun, for those of us not eating said pizza, anyway.

• nicklegends likes this

#6 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:09 PM

My girlfriend's dad is a pretty good cook (as is her step-mom), so one of the first times I ever went to their house I got to experience their food. Apparently, they "initiate" new people that come to their house by cooking up this dish (some sort of Mexican dish, can't remember exactly what it's called) with salsa made from habanero peppers. For whatever reason he decided to make it extra spicy this time, which was fine by me because I like spicy foods.

I started eating it and she wasn't kidding about how hot it was - one of the hottest things I've eaten (I also haven't eaten a lot of foreign foods that rely heavily on hotness). They, of course, had a good laugh watching my reaction to this food. So I decided to get cocky and show off to my new girlfriend and her family and dabbed on a whole lot more salsa than they recommended. I started chewing and everything started going black for a minute - I actually couldn't see. I figured that was a good time to admit defeat and stop eating.

• Magi_Hero, nicklegends and Astromeow like this

#7 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:10 PM

I heard of Wasabi and my friend just had it barely touch his lips and he was cursing and downing an entire restaurant cap worth of soda to make the burning stop. I never tried it myself, but I have tried Wendy's Spicy Chipolte Wings and a good number of things from Taco Bell. I can put a whole packet of their Fire sauce on a taco and it's like ketchup to me. When I was 12, not so much! Hell, my dad used to buy Kessler hot sausage and when I was young, I couldn't eat them without trying to get the burn to go away drinking 2 cans of soda. Now I can comfortably eat them without any problems.

#8 LikeLike888

LikeLike888

Spicy food lover!!

• Members

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:56 PM

Franky my face scrunched up and it felt abour 417 times spicier than a tablespoon full of regular Tabasco sauce.

#9 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:07 PM

I love spicy foods. I love seafood. I love foreign foods, especially Asian. So naturally, it seemed a good idea to make this Korean fish soup. It was a pretty simple seafood broth over rice noodles, with a little bit of a kick provided by the red chili flakes. I followed the directions to the letter.

But apparently, there's about a dozen different varieties of chili flakes, and in spite of being labeled "mild heat", I ended up with the death variety. It was completely inedible, the spice overriding every other flavor until everything tasted like pain.

#10 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:34 PM

I am a fan of spicy foods. I have only tried only a few of the many out there though. Currently my favorite is anything habanero... especially when I make chili.

#11 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:36 PM

I hate spicy foods. But I'm afraid to say this, but the spiciest I had was Buffalo Chicken. :sweat:  

#12 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

I can't imagine life without spicy food. Spice is what makes me culinary world go 'round. The hottest thing I've ever eaten is a ghost pepper. Although to be fair, I didn't eat the whole thing (or anything close), just tiny little bits of it. It was hot, and not even very incredible tasting. not bad, per se, but very dry.
  • Aevin likes this

#13 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:02 PM

The farthest I'll ever really go is Sriracha, (Rooster sauce for the win, son.) but only because it's really tasty. I do like spicy foods, but not to the extent where it's torture. I'll take a little kick, and just be happy with that.

I'm not sure if it counts, but the worst thing I've had was chinese-food related. I was really young, and was in a chinese restaurant, dipping those fried crunchy chips in duck sauce. Then I saw another sauce, and dipped it fully into it, and only after the burning began did I realize it was Chinese mustard. Whooo boy.

Another interesting encounter had me dabbing wasabi onto sushi. This particular wasabi was really weak, so I used quite a bit to accomplish what a mere dab of the fresh stuff would have done. I got disgusted by its lack of power, and ended up putting the whole golf-ball sized thing onto a particularly large piece. I don't know what I was thinking.

I still don't know how I fit my entire head into the bathroom sink.
  • Russ likes this

#14 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

Another interesting encounter had me dabbing wasabi onto sushi. This particular wasabi was really weak, so I used quite a bit to accomplish what a mere dab of the fresh stuff would have done. I got disgusted by its lack of power, and ended up putting the whole golf-ball sized thing onto a particularly large piece. I don't know what I was thinking.

I still don't know how I fit my entire head into the bathroom sink.

But I'm sure your sinuses were cleared, like after a chili fart in a small cabin.
  • Astromeow likes this

#15 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:21 PM

I feel Chinese Mustard might be the worst I've had- maybe not in terms of scalding my tongue, but holy fucking hell my nose could breathe fire, and on top of that, my nose is pretty sensitive.

On the other hand, at a Mongolian Buffet called HuHot, I put a bit too much of a 5 flame sauce (they rate them from 0-5 flames, with the exception of a sauce rated 7/5 flames) and my entire stirfry tasted like fire.  I mean, it was still good when I could still sort of taste it, underneath all that hot.  I just needed a lot to drink with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users