Photo

Screenshot of the Week 12

zoraman

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 12 (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 12

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 09 January 2003 - 06:24 PM

Ok. First the news. I am taking back what I said earlier. SOTW will go back to being Monday to Thursday. I'm starting 12 here. Voting will continue until Sunday night. I will start Screenshot of the Month 3(I think the name should change, cause there are more than 4 weeks in a month). Once voting for that ends, SOTW 13 will begin. You may begin submitting at any time. Anyway, on with the voting.

And the nominees are...

StarFox
[img]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.angelfire.com/games4/praethus/FoxPic.jpg[/img]
Link casting a spell.

Happyman
[img]http://happyman.250free.com/MysteryWorld/mw-002.gif[/img]
My first animated screenie ever. In this screen, the player must burn down a small forest to proceed. Don't ask what happened to the subscreen.

zoraman
[img]http://www.purezc.com/Shots/j5mV3.gif[/img]
My first animated image too.
This is yet another test screen.

#2 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 09 January 2003 - 06:33 PM

I'll throw in a vote for whoever has the most by the end of the voting period...they are all exemplary.

#3 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 January 2003 - 06:33 PM

Just three huh? Well, I'm not sure who I'm going to vote for...icon_shrug.gif

#4 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 09 January 2003 - 07:28 PM

its quite easy, Zoraman trumps everyone else in terms of design, quality and wow factor.

#5 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:27 PM

Alright, I'm voting for Starfox. *hears gasps*

You see, I judge not on just gfx, but any kind of trick or such in the screenshot. Zoraman's is impressive graphically, but it kinda looks like the usual overworld screen to me. Starfox's however, is very good graphicwise, but I like the concept even better. So I voted for SF. icon_biggrin.gif

#6 zoraman

zoraman

Junior

• Members

Posted 09 January 2003 - 11:23 PM

I was wondering can you vote for yourself?
I'm just curious.
My next screen will be great too it will be a screen from the ancient ruins of light.icon_biggrin.gif
Good luck all.

#7 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 10 January 2003 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE(zoraman @ Jan 9 2003, 11:23 PM)
I was wondering can you vote for yourself?

No. ;P

I'm voting for ZM's...I think. icon_freak.gif

#8 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 January 2003 - 01:21 AM

um..happyman, just your 'usual' overworld screen? WTF? Have you even played any quests recently? None of your 'usual' overworld screens even come close to looking like that. I'd say think again before you make a blantant statement like that.

#9 blckscab

blckscab

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 10 January 2003 - 02:14 AM

I voted for zoraman.
Those tiles look good and must be realy hard to work with.

#10 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 10 January 2003 - 03:08 AM

Meh, I didn't expect to win. This is an old pic anyway. I'll also be voting for zoraman. BTW, what game is that from? Will that be in a quest? And do you have the proper tiles to construct a full overworld?

Happyman: Your colors are a bit too simplistic, and some of the tiles (namely the green ground and the blue sky) could have texture or variety in them (such as grass or clouds).

Zoraman, the bottom right corner of your pic is bugging me. It just looks like a black space to me. And the rocks on the right side look screwed up too. Maybe it's just me. Anyway, it'll be nice to see how this quest turns out.

Anyway, that's my rants about the pictures to help people improve (well, try to help).

Edit: Voted. Yay, I actually have a couple votes!

#11 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 January 2003 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jan 10 2003, 01:21 AM)
um..happyman, just your 'usual' overworld screen? (*sigh* You read my post right? I don't judge purely on gfx.) WTF? Have you even played any quests recently? (Yes...icon_sweat.gif) None of your 'usual' overworld screens even come close to looking like that. (And when did I say they did...icon_sweat.gif) I'd say think again before you make a blantant statement like that. (And I've thought again...)

I'm not changing my mind DFW.

#12 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 January 2003 - 10:14 AM

suck my non-existant phallis happyman! LOL j/k icon_wink.gif

#13 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 January 2003 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(StarFox @ Jan 10 2003, 03:08 AM)
Meh, I didn't expect to win.  This is an old pic anyway.  I'll also be voting for zoraman.  BTW, what game is that from?  Will that be in a quest?  And do you have the proper tiles to construct a full overworld?
It's Seiken Densetu 3. He won't have proper tiles for a full overworld in months if it's SD3...unless he's done most of them already. icon_shrug.gif

Happyman: Your colors are a bit too simplistic, and some of the tiles (namely the green ground and the blue sky) could have texture or variety in them (such as grass or clouds).
I plan to add the texture soon (not to the grass though, I don't think it'd work well in a puzzle quest) to the sky, and I'm also leaving the colors the way they are (until the sky comes in). I don't concentrate on gfx for a puzzle quest, so I don't expect any of my shots to win. icon_shrug.gif

Zoraman, the bottom right corner of your pic is bugging me.  It just looks like a black space to me.  And the rocks on the right side look screwed up too.  Maybe it's just me.  Anyway, it'll be nice to see how this quest turns out.
The black is overhanging trees. I didn't really notice the rocks either. icon_neutral.gif

Anyway, that's my rants about the pictures to help people improve (well, try to  help).

Edit: Voted.  Yay, I actually have a couple votes!

(Comments in bold)

#14 zoraman

zoraman

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 January 2003 - 02:17 PM

It's Seiken Densetu 3. He won't have proper tiles for a full overworld in months if it's SD3...unless he's done most of them already.

Ahem I have been working on this tile set for a couple months.So in other words I do have enough tiles for an over world and if you did'nt know I am also working on a quest.
Zoraman, the bottom right corner of your pic is bugging me. It just looks like a black space to me. And the rocks on the right side look screwed up too. Maybe it's just me. Anyway, it'll be nice to see how this quest turns out.
Well I did'nt make the rock it is suppost to be some sorta mushroom or rock or maybie both. icon_shrug.gif

#15 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 12 January 2003 - 10:57 PM

Well, time to end it. And the winner is...

Zoraman.

SOTM 3 will begin tomorrow and run through Thursday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users