Photo

Are Fire Gleeoks a fair/good enemy?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Fire Gleeoks

Are they an overall good enemy?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Are they a fair enemy?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Are they a fun enemy?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

Are they good as in well designed? Not particularly, but most nes enemies were rather simple with a very limited attack pool. I think they can be alright if used in moderation, and you have the correct gear to take them on. As DarkDragon said, the problem occurs when authors stack 10 4-headed ones on top of each other. I've done this, but at least I've never released it and pretended it was a good idea. :P

Are the fair? See above.

Are they fun? That depends on the player's idea of fun.

#17 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:03 AM

Elf with a tunic and a bag of gimmicky stuff vs. a fire breathing dragon in a small room... hmm, let me think...

Nope, not fair at all. But then again, next time you eat turkey ask yourself if it's 'fair'. :)

Elf. The other, other white meat. :P
  • Magi_Hero, grayswandir and Deedee like this

#18 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:28 AM

I never liked them.  Requires either tanking with lots of life and good armor, or patience with a mirror shield.  For a more difficult (but more strategic) type of Gleeok, I'd rather have a Gleeok with standard projectile that you must kill the loose heads too, which reattach with their original health if they remain loose for too long.  That's a battle that can take a very long time (or you more likely die) if you don't focus correctly.  Either that, or a Gleeok that can actually walk around the screen rather than that body remain stationary.

#19 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

I never liked them.  Requires either tanking with lots of life and good armor, or patience with a mirror shield.  For a more difficult (but more strategic) type of Gleeok, I'd rather have a Gleeok with standard projectile that you must kill the loose heads too, which reattach with their original health if they remain loose for too long.  That's a battle that can take a very long time (or you more likely die) if you don't focus correctly.  Either that, or a Gleeok that can actually walk around the screen rather than that body remain stationary.

Draw the animation tiles for the body, neck, and heads; in all four directions; and I might be tempted to create a roaming gleeok.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 14 July 2017 - 07:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users