Photo

[Request] Exp script

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sprotret

Sprotret

What do you mean I don't believe in god?

• Banned

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:00 PM

So I've been wondering is it possible to replace rupees with EXP points and whenever you reach a certain amount of exp you get a weapon upgrade, life decreases slower, or magic decreases slower. Like in AoD... sorry if I didn't explain it good.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:03 PM

Check out this thread at AGN. http://www.armageddo...903#post1150903. It looks like someone is working on it.

#3 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:13 PM

The system proposed here is a lot more simple than that in the other thread.

And yes, it would be easy to do this as a linear system Spiro.
By that I mean, if you get 50 exp you get the first thing, then at 100 you get the next etc.
If you wanted to have a choice once you got to each level, it would be possible but a lot more complicated.
You'd just have an item script attached to rupees that said 'When Link picks up a rupee, make a certain integer higher by the value of the rupee', then when it gets to a certain amount, give Link a new item and play a string or whatever.

You could just do it like in Oblivion, and have rupees be Experience Points, and you save them up and then go and spend them at certain level up places when you want to though, and it would remove the necessity for any scripting.

#4 Sprotret

Sprotret

• Banned

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:19 PM

(I am posting this before reading the AGN topic)

Well I was thinking of making enemies drop depending on their HP, 2 hearts = 1 wooden sword attack? If so, for every two hp they drop 1 exp. The idea of a level up shop would be good, that'd save some time. But, how would I make it so that whenever you upgrade your sword from a level 1 to a level 2 the level 3 one will be for sale. Unless I could put various shops in different towns or something...

Edited by Spiro, 17 November 2007 - 08:20 PM.

#5 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:30 PM

Have upgrading shops. You could do all of this in 2.10 you know, if you sacrificed having rupees. Schwa outlined how to make upgrading shops in the tips and tricks thread in quest editor help I think.

You can't make custom enemy drops though I'm afraid.

#6 Sprotret

Sprotret

• Banned

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:19 PM

Can't you do custom enemy drops with scripting?

#7 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:27 AM

You could use something like true arrows if you don't want to give up rupees. blah, there's tons of ways to do it. Piece of cake. You should read that thread though, in it you'll see that i'm adamantly against most exp systems among other things, such that it's really not hard at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users