Photo

A new script in the works: Dr. Mario

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Dr. Mario Script

How would YOU like Boss Levels to be done?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:36 AM

Well yeah... Late last night, it just came to me- Make Dr. Mario in ZC. I'm currently working on a script to let you play Dr. Mario in ZC, yet, I need some ideas for it. Here's how the script will be, in terms of editing:

-You can choose the number of levels to play through before you get the ending sequence. By default, this is 20.
-You can choose the number of colors of Viruses and Megavitamin Pieces there will be. By default, this is 3, but increasing this amount may make the "game" harder....
-You can allow boss levels!

Now, as for what it does, think back to the official Dr. Mario games- You used Megavitamins to destroy Viruses. Whatever that game does, this script will try to do, too, basically. Now, uh... Here's where I need some... suggestions...

How would YOU like to see the boss levels done? Perhaps NES Wario's Woods-style? Perhaps Zelda-style, with falling "garbage"? Or just as if you were playing a regular game of Dr. Mario? (That is, you control falling Megavitamins and you have to line up 4 or more of the same color right there next to the boss to hurt it. Oh yeah, and they have to be the same color as the boss.) If you have any other ideas, throw them out here and explain how they'd work, okay? icon_wink.gif Now, uh...

NES Wario's Woods-style: This would be where Megavitamins fall from the top of the playing field, and you have to control Dr. Mario and get them into the Boss. But you still have to line them up in the same color as the boss, else no damage is done. If you get crushed by falling Megavitamins, it's Game Over for you.
Zelda-style: ...Just like with TLoZ. You simply rush after the boss and attack, but you have to avoid being crushed by the falling objects from the top of the playing field. Get crushed, that's it, game over.
Dr. Mario-style: Play it like the rest of the game.

So, uh... Thanks for listening...

#2 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:46 PM

This may sound weird, but why not do all three of those styles and have GAME A, GAME B, and GAME C for a quest, like in Tetris (there was no GAME C, though. icon_razz.gif ). It sounds like a really interesting script.

#3 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:44 PM

I thought you'd do the NES classic, Yoshi icon_cry.gif

#4 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ May 3 2007, 04:44 PM) View Post

I thought you'd do the NES classic, Yoshi icon_cry.gif

Err, what? I'll be making an example "quest" for this script if I can get it right, and it'll be the NES game. Unfortunately, minus the graphics, since I have no way to play the NES game. icon_frown.gif

Now, back on-topic... Any ideas, guys?

#5 Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa

We are the champions

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:04 AM

Do Startropics......LOL

#6 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:23 AM

Should totally make a quest with an arcade in it, play frogger and galaga and stuff in it icon_wink.gif (or non-licensed clones, I mean icon_heh.gif)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users