water tile zquest

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:31 PM

I started working on my quest after taking a while off, and now my water tiles aren't working as water (dark blue). I have upgraded the OS to Windows 10 since last editing so I don't know if the upgrade is part of it:

1512dSs9.png

https://cdn.pbrd.co/...es/1512dSs9.png

The tiles themselves are classified as water and all 4 quadrants are blue. I am not sure what is wrong, link is walking over the dark blue as if they are none and the shallow water (light blue) like they are still shallow.

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:40 PM

The problem is is that the 4 quadrants of blue in the combo editor is not for the water. It's to do with CSet stuff. If you want drownable water, go to Quest -> Rules -> Combos and tick the first box which will make Link drown in walkable water.

• isilmo likes this

#3 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:17 PM

That works!

#4 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:57 PM

...now the raft flags don't seem to work. Walking onto the dock, Link just falls into the water.

#5 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

...now the raft flags don't seem to work. Walking onto the dock, Link just falls into the water.

You have to be precisely aligned with the dock to use the raft when the water is walkable. This is less true when getting on the raft from a vertical dock than a horizontal one. (With those, you must actually be a few steps down from perfectly aligned with the dock.) Other than that, I'm not sure what might be the problem. Perhaps you could post a screenshot of the screen in quest from the editor, showing things like flags in one, walkability in another and normal in a third.

#6 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:23 PM

15gLhy0e.png
https://cdn.pbrd.co/...es/15gLhy0e.png

#7 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:33 PM

For some reason my browser won't let me see that site. Could you use a free imagehosting service like Imgur instead?

#8 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:40 PM

hJiXbgW.png

http://i.imgur.com/hJiXbgW.png

#9 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:49 PM

That's better... I'm guessing that the Dock type combo is at the start of the raft path and the water begins immediately after? I knwo that in my own experience that there have been times when I have tried to walk onto a vertically aligned dock like this and the raft path has been ignored. The best advice I can think of is to be very careful when aligning yourself with the dock. You have to be in the center of the dock to use the raft vertically. If you're off too far to one side, then you'll almost always fall in.

#10 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:09 AM

I think the problem here, is that flag 8 extends too far down, onto the dock. That might be the problem there, as I'm pretty sure that the raft path should only be in the water, itself, and never on the dock; but I don't use raft paths in any of my projects, and haven't bothered with them, since 2.10-ish. .

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 03 October 2015 - 08:12 AM.

#11 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:20 AM

Actually, you are required to have a flag on the dock in order to get onto/off of the raft. While colliding with the flag can still cause the raft effect if you do so in other places; the only guaranteed way to start and end rafting is by having a dock. (It's in the combo type description.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: water, tile, zquest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users