Looking for Fog

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:48 AM

I think it's in the BS set, but since I don't really plan to use it, I haven't downloaded it.  

The fog is similar to the fog in the Lost Woods in Link to the Past before you get the Master Sword--it clears when you do.  I know in ZC it can look a little static, so if anyone has any animated replacements that they have worked on, anything like that will do.

Also, I seem to remember a point in the past when Radien made some little atmospheric effects tiles that look like the fairy particles that casually float around in Kokiri Forest in Ocarina of Time--does anyone have anything similar to those?  EDIT -- Found this in the set I was using, OOPS.

Still just looking for that fog.

Edited by Reflectionist, 19 December 2016 - 04:46 PM.

#2 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:07 AM

Not sure how much this would help, but I made some basic fog for my Modified Classic tileset.  The fog sprites are animated to undulate no further than 2 pixels out and in slowly.  Here's a screenshot where I used them in my quest:

xgc32wklw04fmwo4g.jpg

They actually just use white and when used on a transparent layer look just like fog!

Let me know if you'd like the sprites.  (I thought I shared them before, but I'd have to look that up.)

• Reflectionist and Naru like this

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

The AlltP fog should be in either Pure, Dor, or the actual LttP set (probably towards the end). I'm not sure if anyone has animated it though, and the setup would be a tile page horrorshow. :P

This might be something that would be easier with scripts, but I'm not exactly sure how you'd go about it.

#4 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:26 PM

Not sure how much this would help, but I made some basic fog for my Modified Classic tileset.  The fog sprites are animated to undulate no further than 2 pixels out and in slowly.  Here's a screenshot where I used them in my quest:

xgc32wklw04fmwo4g.jpg

They actually just use white and when used on a transparent layer look just like fog!

Let me know if you'd like the sprites.  (I thought I shared them before, but I'd have to look that up.)

That actually looks pretty cool and versatile.  Yes.  I would love those.  

#5 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:00 AM

Okie-dokie!  (Sorry for the delay; busy w/ school.)

Here are the tiles:

im4460l8330gzy74g.jpg

For these, I set the combo's A.Frames to 8 and A.Speed to 32.  That way it doesn't undulate too quickly.

Keep in mind that you want to put these on a transparent layer to create the actual fog effect.

(Anyone can use these if you credit me for creating them.)

Edited by Lightwulf, 19 February 2017 - 07:03 AM.

• Reflectionist likes this

#6 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:08 AM

"Looking for fog" sounds like the title of an arthouse movie.

• ShadowTiger, Reflectionist, Jared and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users