[Tileset Announcement] LoZ - Parallel Worlds Tileset

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Thanks Franky. icon_smile.gif I hope to finish this tileset sometime. I still have to rip in more of the first overworld's objects and then I have to rip in the second overworld's objects. After that, I have to import the dungeons.

#32 Yapollo

Yapollo

To Discover

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(Sepulcher @ Feb 22 2013, 10:48 PM) View Post

I just wanted to make an announcement that this tileset is not dead. It was on a hiatus so I could work on Oracle of Awakening. I am using a combination of BSNES and SNES9X to help get the sprites accurately. Updates will come.

As someone who has literally never actually submitted anything for ZC on this site, perhaps I am not the best reference. Still, I understand what it is like to have a busy schedule, and, therefore, let me just say that the set has a good deal of potential and that waiting for a good final product is better than rushing something out. Then again, one cannot take too long either (which is my problem icon_biggrin.gif ).

The set looks great, but do not feel too pressured to slam out updates if it means rushing the product. The set has a lot of potential I would hate to see go to waste.

Naturally, I am sure someone with more experience than myself can offer different advice that is infinitely better than mine.

#33 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

I understand what you mean. I have been enjoying working on this set. It is coming along nicely. icon_smile.gif I have been smoothing out the water and stuff. I'm also working on more palettes. I hope to see to it that this set get's released.

#34 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Seriously, unique tileset! I'd use this right away on a quest, especially since I'm playing Parallel Remodel right now, so yeah! Me likey the screenshots. icon_thumbsup.gif icon_biggrin.gif

#35 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Thanks man. icon_smile.gif

#36 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

This might help you.

IPB Image

I set up a DoR-compatible dungeon palette scheme and used this screen to test it. Since Parallel Worlds uses the original dungeon palettes from LttP with no changes whatsoever, you can rip them from Hyrule Magic and arrange them like this.

I've started with Skull Woods because that palette is the hardest to get looking right. It doesn't repeat a lot of colors, so it's hard to squeeze into 4 CSets.

Here's the breakdown:

Colors 1-5 are dungeon walls.
In CSet 5 these colors are instead used by gray and yellow objects, such as torches, statues, pots, and buttons.

Colors 6-9 are floors:
CSet 2 has colors for the "normal" floor.
CSet 3 has colors for the "deep" floor. (Areas Link can reach by walking down a staircase or jumping off a wall.)
CSet 4 has colors for the dungeon entrance. In LttP and Parallel Worlds, many ordinary floors also use this CSet.
CSet 5 has colors for the "alternate" floor. Many floors (both normal and deep) in LttP and Parallel Worlds use this CSet .

Colors A-B are used by locked doors and misc details, such as the borders and "eyes" of the dungeon entrance. They are different between CSets.
In CSet 5 these colors are used for gray and yellow objects.

Colors C-E are special:
Cset 2 has colors for the floor borders that go along with "normal" floors.
CSet 3 has colors for the floor borders that go along with "deep" floors.
CSet 4 has colors for the "daylight" portion of the dungeon entrance.
CSet 5 has colors for such objects as raised stages and shootable Eyegore statues.

Color F is solid black.

NOTE: CSet 5 is overwritten with palette cycling so that it can have different colors from level to level. It wouldn't have been possible to squeeze in some of the alternate colors without doing this.

ALSO NOTE that there is no dedicated CSet for water and lava. Those duties will have to be shifted off to CSets 7 and 8.

Because of this palette layout, much of the existing tiles found in DoR are incompatible, particularly gray and yellow objects such as torches, statues, locked doors, and so forth. This really can't be helped. I've tried several ways of fixing this, but when you get right down to it, those tiles are already incompatible with the Main Palettes as well as most Overworld palettes. It's best just to recolor or re-rip them from LttP or Parallel Worlds itself.
  • Lightwulf likes this

#37 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

Thanks a lot. icon_smile.gif That will really help.

#38 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE(Sepulcher @ Feb 23 2013, 01:02 PM) View Post

Thanks Franky. icon_smile.gif I hope to finish this tileset sometime. I still have to rip in more of the first overworld's objects and then I have to rip in the second overworld's objects. After that, I have to import the dungeons.
I also hope it gets finished. I would love to create a P worlds style quest.

#39 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

I wonder if I just found the OoT tileset...?

• Shane and David like this

#40 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

No this is the Parallel Worlds set. :blah:

I forgot this existed. How's progress been? :)

• Jenny, LikeLike on fire and coolgamer012345 like this

#41 Mr. Sqweakers The Great

Mr. Sqweakers The Great

Look beyond the Sqweaky Horizon.

• Members

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:57 AM

The tileset is very good. Thank you for sharing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users