Pokemon Sun and Moon

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

#31 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:12 PM

Except they completely failed the concept of a mimic. Mimics are supposed to look nearly indentical to the thing they are mimicking. Voltorb is way bigger than a pokeball and it doesn't even have the button.

Electrode is even worse by having its colors reversed and having a troll face. If this is not the laziest design in the series, i don't know what it is.

People can criticize the ice cream pokemon and a couple of others all they want. But don't say they are scraping the botton of the barrel in recent gens when the earlier gens had their fair share of uncreative designs.

Edited by Norzan, 18 March 2016 - 07:15 PM.

#32 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:00 PM

execution vs. concept

#33 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:42 AM

Spoiler

Starters revealed, along with the player characters, region info, legendaries, and other things.

Popplio is the cutest and most appealing for me.

Main male player looks like he broke out of prison with that shirt.

Will the Pokemon models finally have more animations!?  Catching up to Dragon Quest Monsters Joker standards?

#34 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:57 AM

I'm excited for this game now, much like how I was excited for X/Y. The region looks beautiful and I like the Hawaii setting. Looking forward to it!

#35 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:22 AM

This actually looks pretty cool. I'm probably going for the water starter (yet again). But damn, the new region looks really nice, especially with the way 3D was done here.

#36 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:07 PM

Poor Rowlet, destroyed by ice beam before the game even releases.

#TeamLitten

#37 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:20 PM

The Sun legendary looks beastly as all hell. Definitely getting Sun version now.

Edited by Norzan, 10 May 2016 - 12:20 PM.

#38 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:50 PM

Well, I'll say this, the game actually looks catered toward 3D gameplay, unlike X/Y, which were just graphical bumps but otherwise the exact same map you'd find in a previous Pokemon game. I'm at least impressed that they weren't content to just completely recycle the same graphical engine from X/Y/OR/AS and are actually updating it with more depth. It looks nice, visually, and I like that Sun legendary. Because lions are badass.

Can't say I care much for any of the starters besides the owl. It's the cutest one. Litten's okay. Popplio... more like Poppli-no.

#39 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:40 PM

"Differentiantion in some parts of the trailer shows that the character is wearing a slightly diferent shirt and shorts, potentially indicating that full customization is back in."

Hope this mean they dropped the whole "Only people in France change clothes" nonsense they pulled back in ORAS and that customization is back with a much bigger variety of clothes.

#40 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:45 PM

To be fair it was dropped for ORAS because the main characters already had established designs for several years. I would've been annoyed if it hasn't come back though, because no, France is not the only place that has fashion.

I do hope they're more like Animal Crossing in that clothing isn't divided by gender. Let girls wear pants and boys wear skirts...
  • Jared and MarinaraSauce like this

#41 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:47 PM

I personally love Popplio! Such a cutie. Can't wait to see more. The new region seems interesting so far. Not wowed by the legendaries, though.

• Shane likes this

#42 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

I sort of get the feeling they went for a tropical region, so they can make more use of the diving mechanic.  Makes me wonder if it'll be expanded on.

#43 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:59 PM

Yeah, I seem to be the only one on the internet who thinks Popplio's design is godawful. That's okay, the rest of you are free to be wrong. :tard:

#44 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:02 PM

What's wrong with it in your eyes?

#45 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:10 PM

It just looks kind of goofy to me. Someone else said it looks like it's unintelligent, which I can kind of see as well. But that's okay, we have godbeast owl.

600px-164Noctowl.png

BESIDES THAT ONE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users