• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#556 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:23 AM

I just got three gold stars in every cup on 150cc and Mirror in Mario Kart 8. Maybe it's not the biggest accomplishment ever, but it feels good because I set myself to do it and actually succeeded. Now, if only I could apply this ambition to the rest of life...

mk8_1.jpgmk8_2.jpg
  • Shane likes this

#557 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:38 PM

Ended up beating the original Final Fantasy on my NES, which has been sitting in my library for 16 years.  I've had some setbacks, such as an NES that didn't work very well, and then even after fixing up another one into really good shape, my brother accidentally erased my file that was close to the end of the game. :T

BUT FINALLY.  Ended up whomping Chaos with a Level 28 party, which I hear is pretty darn good because the level cap is 50 and I didn't have save states. :blah:  Granted, I did get wrecked fighting him, what with him one-shotting my knight.  But still, I prevailed.  My final party consisted of:

Knight: Excalibur, Aegis Shield, Heal Helm, Dragon Armor, Protect Ring
Red Wizard: Masamune, Opal Armlet, Ribbon, Protect Ring, Zeus Gauntlets (for the free Lit-2, arguably better than having +2 Defense from a measly Buckler.)
White Wizard: Thor's Hammer, White Shirt, Ribbon, Protect Ring
Black Wizard: Wizard Staff, Black Shirt, Ribbon, Protect Ring, Protect Cape

If I go at this again, I may just swap out the Black Wizard for the Thief.  While Nuke ended up being super helpful against Tiamat and Chaos, the class just has horrible HP progression and constantly needs healing.

#558 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:03 PM

^Thief is awful in the NES and Origins remake. He's basically Fighter but worse in every way. Once he's a Ninja though, he does have FAST and access to all but two weapons (Excalibur and Wizard's Staff) and all but nine pieces of armor. His exclusive weapon is a hair better than the Sun Sword, which between that and the Defender are Red Wizard's ultimate weapons (Defender has 35 Hit% and 30 damage while Sun Sword is 30 Hit% and 32 damage; only use Defender if you'd get an extra hit out of it). Still makes it challenging as hell to get to the point he becomes a Ninja as until then, he'll make you wish you had a Black Belt or a second Fighter. As a Ninja, he's good, mostly to free up your Opal Bracelet for your White Wizard; she needs it much more than anyone else. Just slap on the Flame or Ice Armor for 34 Absorb, -10 Evasion (Opal Bracelet is the same, but with -1 Evasion instead of -10).

Now if you played the later remakes, which is Dawn of Souls or later, Thief is no longer a wannabe Fighter. He gains extra hits much sooner than the Fighter (Warrior in the remake). I believe by the time I got to Lich, Thief could hit 6 times per attack. My Warrior just barely made it to the 4 hit threshold. The remakes REALLY nerfed the hell out of Red Mage though; his HP growth is absolute trash; it's almost as bad as the Black Mage's! That and since Intelligence actually works in the remakes, Red Mage is no longer a 100% replacement for Black Mage. For instance, a Red Mage with Firaga may hit Lich for 200 damage, but Black Mage with it might do 300.

Either way, congratulations on beating FF1! You used one of my favorite parties. Funding magic is probably the biggest problem with Fighter/Red Mage/White Mage/Black Mage, but selling all that crap from the Sea Shrine and Sky Fortress fixes that problem nicely. Not to mention having two people that can cast Fir2/Lit2/Ice2 and Fast is very useful since it makes a lot of early to mid game battles much easier. Also, it's nice to have a second LIFE user. If White Wizard goes down, you (hopefully) still have Red Wizard to revive her. If Black Mage/Wizard needs help clearing out enemies, he can assist him with his magic.

The Black Belt would probably make the game too easy, especially once he's level 25+. His bare hands do insane damage as he levels up. Every level of being unarmed adds 2-4 damage per hit, and at levels 10, 21, 32 and 42 his hit count increases. Better yet, being unarmed, his hit count doubles. So at level 9, he hits twice unarmed for 18-36 damage a hit before accounting for defense. At level 10 however, he can hit up to 4 times for 20-40 base damage each. At level 50, he can hit TEN TIMES for 100-200 damage a hit. Tack on a Fast spell and he is pretty much guaranteed to kill Chaos in a single hit. But yeah, he's an investment character, unlike Fighter/Knight who pretty much is permanently bound to the first slot and is your most durable unit.

I apologize for the long-winded post.

#559 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, I've fair extensive knowledge of the first game, both the original and its remakes... I do not care for Dawn of Souls (or later, as the case is) because I feel the game is waaaaay too dumbed down (outside of Chaos).  While it is nice that the bugs are ironed out and the new music is fantastic... MP instead of spell charges, and most of the classes getting seriously buffed kind of just ruins it for me, making the game way too easy.  (And ironically the Red Mage being nerfed also ruins it for me, last I checked his HP progression was WORSE than the Black Mage's.  I had 5 level ups in a row where he got just +2 HP- a Level 6 Red Mage with 40 HP.)  Having only 2 chances to use Nuke while I was in Chaos' Shrine put a lot more pressure on dangerous situations- do I use it against these 4 Gas Dragons that might outright wreck me, or do I really need to save it for Chaos?  On the other hand, in DoS, lol Judgment Staff and lol 999 MP.  While there are definite drawbacks to the spell charge system, as an avid D&D player and having played FF1 and 3 a lot, I'm very used to dealing with it and it can force you to be a lot more strategic instead of trigger happy.

As for the Thief... yeah, they're kind of lousy after the fight with Garland until you get the Dragon Sword, and then they're kinda lousy again at like, the Volcano.  I do really like the Ninja, as well.  It honestly felt painful in my previous playthrough to constantly trash really good equipment because the 3 wizards couldn't use 'em.  I mean, sure, it funded my spell lists...

I think I'll run Fighter, Thief, Red Mage, and White Mage- the specific reason being that this is the party I ran when I beat the game on an emulator several years ago (and heavily abused save states).  I want to set things right with that, and it was a pretty darn cool party as well.

#560 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

Um, let's see..

One of the big things I'm proud of is completing a hardmode run of La-Mulana without using subweapons on the bosses.. twice. I streamed and saved the recordings of the second run. Here's the part with the final boss! http://www.hitbox.tv/video/267230

I have gotten all souls in both Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow, though I played them on emulator. The infamous sky fish only took me 3 kills to get the soul for.

Spoiler

I've also pretty proud of beating many games in the Shin Megami Tensei series, which is one that is known to be on the difficult end of the spectrum. I've completed Nocturne, IV, Devil Survivor overclocked, Soul Hackers, Digital Devil Saga, and some others.

I've beaten The Chest in the Binding of Isaac, though my screenshot of the victory was lost.

#561 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

EBCpwjk.jpg

Took about 3 hours, almost died on floor 99.

• KingPridenia and Naru like this

#562 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

I think I will have to post pics for my achievements as an evidence:

Just achieved 1000G (XBOX360 Achievements) separately for each XBOX360 Game:

1000G Skyrim (yeah, finally finished completely)

1000G Dirt Rally

1000G Viva Pinata (easy one)

and some more >950G (Forza 3, Assassins Creed II, etc.)

..and Zelda OoT: Master Quest, 100%, 0 Deaths.

#563 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:06 PM

Just managed to beat Donkey Kong 64 for the first time, along with having collected all 201 Gold Bananas and the 3500 regular bananas.  There were definitely some super stressful moments (Tiny Kong's fight against K.Rool?  Or Lanky's race in Crystal Caves?  GEEZ AUGH.  Or the time I had 99 of DK's bananas in Fungi Forest and had to find the last one.)  But it's definitely one of my favorite achievements so far, as I've owned the game for a very long time (I was like, 9 when I got it for Christmas?) and so it'd been hanging over my head for 15 years.

(I'm aware the game is infamous for having way too many collectables and some bad mini-games but I honestly couldn't give two shits.  It's a fantastic game to me and nothing can change that.)

#564 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:33 PM

Sorry for the bump, but uh...
Spoiler

#565 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:27 PM

Many of these will be old videos, and I won't embed them due to the 2 video limit, but:

3D Dot Game Heroes Platinum Trophy:
https://www.youtube....h?v=-E9nagYUjvQ

Catherine Platinum Trophy:
https://www.youtube....h?v=KjuPnd44rxE

Prototype Platinum Trophy:
https://www.youtube....h?v=RFsGmZPEppc

Doom 3 Platinum Trophy:

https://www.youtube....h?v=jLMcLiTo2Gg

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Platinum Trophy:

https://www.youtube....h?v=ktwKGapFbNQ

And those are just the ones I recorded videos of.  I've also gotten Spelunker HD, and RE5 Platinum Trophies.  And for non-trophy based stuff:

Baal Avatar Curb Stomp:
https://www.youtube....h?v=mZ3AitbkfWU

Bonetail Curb Stomp:

https://www.youtube....h?v=O2lsFcjX8Nc

Freedom Force (NES) runthrough:
https://www.youtube....h?v=ThgdsU5Klz8

And last but not least, the Perfect Run:
https://www.youtube....h?v=OwiSGFe_v-U

If some of you are confused by the commentary on the earlier videos, it's based on Youtube personalities I used to do, and kind of a long story.  I dropped it in the later videos as you can tell.

#566 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:31 PM

Every heist in Payday 2 beaten on One Down difficulty.

Here's a screencap of the mask that unlocks when you do that.

http://images.akamai...A2DDEA441487DF/

#567 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

Beat Origins' Final Fantasy 1 on normal difficulty (aka the correct way to play) with a challenge party- not allowed to have a Fighter or White Mage.  A very trying run- the beginning was rough without a heavy, reliable damage dealer, and the final dungeon felt absurdly long because I had to be very careful since I didn't have access to Cure4 or Life2.  Heck, pre-promotion it was painful not having any caster that could even just use Life1.  And of course, no one to use Excalibur or Diamond/Dragon Armor.

I might genuinely just play the easier remakes next to just give myself a break next time I want to play it, haha.  It's not always bad to just stomp everything.

#568 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

Beat the Dragon and Supreme Calamitas solo in Expert Mode in Terraria's Calamity Mod. Now to do it again with Prepare to Cry+Terraria Energizer active!

#569 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:22 AM

Won a Bottle Cap in Festival Plaza, then for my bonus second chance prize I got a Gold Bottle Cap 

Caught two shiny Meowths in short order

Caught a Pinsir in Pokemon Yellow (it was hard)

Edited by Cukeman, 01 April 2017 - 10:13 PM.

#570 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:22 PM

This isn't that big of a deal, but I'm super proud of this MK8 come back. Nice fucking try, Link, and Wendy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users