#1 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:15 AM

Placing Large Graphics

Title screens, cutscenes etc.

A tutorial by Joe123.

Something that I see people ask occasionally and never really see a very satisfying answer to is 'how do I get my [insert large graphic here] from the tile page to a screen?'.
The answer I see most often is 'Patience is a virtue; you have to combo every single tile'. This is very much not true at all.
I'd like to point out though that this isn't a tutorial in how to rip your title screen; just how to get it on a screen.
  1. Firstly, pick a completely empty combo-sheet, and make a note of what number it is.
  2. Then find your graphic in the tile page and make sure your group selection is set to 'box' rather than 'line', using spacebar.
  3. Make sure you don't have any tiles on the clipboard, select the whole graphic and then press 'M'.
  4. You'll get a window up about how you want to 'Make' a combo. These combo attributes will be applied to every combo of your graphic (but probably won't matter, seeing as it's likely to take up the whole screen and Link be invisible).
  5. Make the combo on the blank combo-sheet you found.
  6. Now go into the combo-editor. If you press spacebar, you'll see the group selection for your combos change to the view which usually makes them look like garbage - but for your large graphic it'll all line up nicely!
  7. Go to your screen, and use the right-click menu to set your brush width to the size of the graphic.
  8. Select your graphic from the combo-pane, and click where you want the top-left corner of your graphic to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users