Permanently Cycled Combo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

I'm trying to do something similar to this topic (http://www.purezc.ne...cle#entry988778) but with secret flags instead of burn triggers.

Essentially I want to be able to trigger the secrets in a room, then have the secret flag combos cycle into a non-cycling combo and then never cycle again.

I can get as far as triggering the secrets and having it cycle correctly into the non-cycling combo, but if I leave the room and come back in it starts the combo cycle over like when the secrets were triggered. Is there any way to make this work?

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:07 AM

Yeah but it's a bit tricky. Your secret combos should use inherent secret flags (not placed on the screen but selected in the combo editor). Make those cycle to an identical combo but with a different secret flag. For example, make it start out with flag 16 and then cycle to flag 17. Now when secrets are triggered, flag 17 combos turn into your cycling combo, but flag 16 turns to the final cycle state. Thats how you do a permanently cycled combo.

• Timelord likes this

#3 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

Thanks! I got it to work.

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:28 AM

Yeah but it's a bit tricky. Your secret combos should use inherent secret flags (not placed on the screen but selected in the combo editor). Make those cycle to an identical combo but with a different secret flag. For example, make it start out with flag 16 and then cycle to flag 17. Now when secrets are triggered, flag 17 combos turn into your cycling combo, but flag 16 turns to the final cycle state. Thats how you do a permanently cycled combo.

That's rather clever. I always do this sort of thing by script, and I had not considered how to do it using only the editor. Ace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users