Something to Soak the newcomers minds in

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:43 AM

Thinking about such things and then looking back to various examples outside the boundries of 'what is',

One of the Nes titles many who are so calibrated in Zelda may not have heard of, but a look back brings to mind some bizarre but unique game designing, 

than just the normal Dungeon romper from place to place, even i am looking back into it with inspiration in another shorter but very unique side project i am considering to continue working on.

I cannot remember if i have created a topic like this before i tried searching back yet certain overlooked games - with attention to overworld zelda lookish type designing.   

^This game being as cliche as a 'movie to game', but being old and good at that, original for its time still gives off that mysterious Zelda type-ish vibe, the kind where you see a game you really want to play, you don't know what it is, or that same mythical feeling when you first picked up the nes controller with the gold cart legend of zelda.

The mechanics of what is going on seems to be chaotic but with systematic organization to its mechanics. A Sort of order to things.

An idea to that resembling a mass interesting maze that must be solved bit by bit as the entire game consists. You'd have to wake up early in the morning to play while people are still sleeping because you just had to solve that next puzzle unlocking the further forbidden secrets.

Instead besides just that of dungeon by dungeon levels which is defaulted in zelda quest designing.

This feeling that first came with Zelda or final fantasy Nes.

How do you guys fight to put that 'kind of feeling' into a Zelda classic game?

A highly addictive obsession, thats like catching lightning in a bottle with a game title??..  

Could we really bring out that feeling and make it come to life once again in this techy day and age?

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 19 May 2017 - 04:44 AM.

• Avaro, Matthew and Joca like this

#2 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:15 AM

It looks cool but it also looks really repetitive.

-Strike

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#3 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:20 AM

It looks cool but it also looks really repetitive.

-Strike

Lots of games back then were very repetitive in the golden Nes age.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users