what if new enemies were added.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

What's a Beamos? Never heard of it ever.

#17 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

http://zelda.gamepedia.com/Beamos

#18 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

That makes sense now

#19 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:59 PM

I would love to see Beamos be officially built in one day. I know you can sort of fake them with shooters, but proper ones like how they work in LttP/LA built into Zelda Classic would be so awesome.
I would also love to see a few more defences for enemies built in one day too, like how Buzzblobs harm you if you hit them with your sword in LttP. Things like that would be really neat

I'm hoping to add 'shock' as an npc defence outcome in the future, as well as frozen npcs.

Beams though, was not on the list. I still feel that many if the z3 and GB base enemies would work best as a preloaded scripted quest template.

Adding a laser shot weapon OTOH that all npcs could use, is certainly possible.
  • Zagut likes this

#20 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

And what about the Giant Dondongo (King Dodongo)

like the Ocarina of time and Oracle of Seasons Dondongo boss ? That'll be great if he eat bombs and then we can take him a damage with a sword
or if we can lift him and throw the dondongo on spikes or lavapits to make him somes damages. And his attacks can be the flamethrowers like Ocarina of Time and Oracle of Seasons.

#21 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

I played a bonus level at "Randomizer BS" Saw a bunch of amazing bosses at that level. How did HeroOfFire even do that? Like the Old man where you get the sword becomes a Patra. How does HeroOfFire do it???

Edited by Item, 16 March 2017 - 09:12 AM.

#22 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:19 AM

I can imagine a new Gohma. 
That Gohma can be throw you somes bombs (one shots or more) when he open his eyes and then make him more difficult then the Gohma (L4)

#23 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:09 AM

I imagine a Aquamentus
Instead of fire pellets , it should shoot out fire balls like a fire breathing gleeok.

Edited by Item, 21 March 2017 - 11:10 AM.

#24 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:51 AM

I imagine a Aquamentus
Instead of fire pellets , it should shoot out fire balls like a fire breathing gleeok.

done it. All I had to do was script a dummy fire octorok onto the aquamentus's head.

#25 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

*inserts what's this face* FANTASTIC

#26 TheTrueMarioMaster

TheTrueMarioMaster

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:51 AM

If any new enemies should be added it's definitely the unimplemented ones in the tile pages like the whistle pols voice and the fire dodongo.  Examining the tile sheet closely there may have been plans at to add a wizzrobe which turns into a bat acting similar to the acheman from Zelda II.  Other than that I think just the enemy editor needs to be improved.

• Avaro likes this

#27 Zagut

Zagut

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:00 PM

I'm hoping to add 'shock' as an npc defence outcome in the future, as well as frozen npcs.

Beams though, was not on the list. I still feel that many if the z3 and GB base enemies would work best as a preloaded scripted quest template.

Adding a laser shot weapon OTOH that all npcs could use, is certainly possible.

Sounds great!  :thumbsup:

About the frozen NPCs. Would that mean that an Ice rod item could be added in future?

The ice rod could freeze enemies, and enemies could use Ice Magic and freeze link, maybe?

And about new enemies, I don't really think we need more versions of existing enemies(Level 3 Lynel for example, because you can use the enemy editor to build one yourself). I'm more interested in new enemy types, and what the devs might do to expand the enemy editor's capabilities.

Alongside new enemies, what if new items were added?  :)

Edited by Zagut, 28 April 2017 - 07:00 PM.

#28 Zagut

Zagut

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:57 PM

There's also a problem with Aquamentus.

If you try to give him any projectile other than Fireball, the projectiles won't work correctly, and they'll just go in vertical directions.

I'd like to see that problem addressed in future versions.

Edited by Zagut, 28 April 2017 - 07:58 PM.

#29 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:35 AM

Sounds great!  :thumbsup:
About the frozen NPCs. Would that mean that an Ice rod item could be added in future?
The ice rod could freeze enemies, and enemies could use Ice Magic and freeze link, maybe?

And about new enemies, I don't really think we need more versions of existing enemies(Level 3 Lynel for example, because you can use the enemy editor to build one yourself). I'm more interested in new enemy types, and what the devs might do to expand the enemy editor's capabilities.

Alongside new enemies, what if new items were added?  :)

New items are already planned.

Rather than specific ice and fire rods, we have a modified wand that allows the user to set the type of projectile that it shoots. The user may use magic (normal), or set it to any projectile weapon type, including some new types, and all script types. This 'new wand' is already working, and nearly complete.

The new weapon types we are considering are flame, ice, and electricity.

New items on the list include the most popular things, notable the shovel, and Cane of Somaria. We cannot say which if any of these will make the final cut, but we have discussed all of them.

I have a topic over on AGN that elaborates on these plans, and ideas.

I see no reason to hardcode new specific enemies though. Adding new eweapon types, new defences, and other npc properties is the way to proceed. An enemy can have any sprite, and if the user can select a desired pattern of movement, weapons, and set its attributes, naming it whatever they desire; why should we hardcode new ones?

Thus, of course our focus is on new patterns. I wanted to add a small script type 'NPC Pattern'' to allow the user to define these; but we have also discussed true npc scripts. It is hard to conceive of all the things that anyone would want, but perhaps we could add a few.

One that I suggested, was a non-enemy NPC that moves, and is designed to display a string when Link is facing it, it is in a specific proximity, and a string is set for it. Thus, we may add a string attribute to npcs, or to the npc list per screen, if we implement this kind of npc. The editor values would need a walking pattern, and we may need path flags if the questmaker wants it to follow a set course.

(NPC path left, right, up, down, horizontal, vertical, any move, turn 90, turn -90, turn 180, stop.)

This would allow creating move lively towns, and solid, moving npcs. If the user can set the strings for these when they assign the npcs to the screen, it would be very flexible. Obviously, these npcs would be immune to weapons, solid, and would not harm Link on contact. I would consider an editor flag for their solidity, so that they do not perma-block Link if desired, and an Ai flag for their movement, so that if they are solid and are blocking Link, and the player presses against them, the player can 'nudge' them away,

We do occasionally discuss adding new bosses--notably the Z3 and Link's Awakening bosses--and revising the existing bosses to make them more flexible. Most bosses are extremely hardcoded, and some basic enemies, such as Leevers, also have annoying hardcoded aspects.

FOr example, there is no method of knowing what element of a multi-segmented enemy is its core. I want to add a boolean flag IsCore, for that; and for enemies that submerge, either add a IsSubmerged flag, or give them a negative Z axis value when they are underground. (This applies to Leevers, and Zoras.)

Some bosses are now treated as base npcs too, so they need revision. Ganon is entirely hardcocded. Most bosses follow very specific, fixed routines, and I would personally like to allow the user to edit them more readily without scripts, whilst simultaneously making applying scripts to them easier.

I welcome any suggestions or requests on enemy and item editor additions, expansions, or similar feedback.

Another thing to consider, is that we plan to ensure the longevity of ZC by promoting more generic assets. In the future, the 'Zelda' enemies, and graphics, will be an expansion pack to the engine. The defaults will be wholly original, and thus not subject to any kind of legal ramifications should Nintendo ever want to try to kill ZC.

Anyone willing to assist with the generation, or collection of open-source assets is welcome to assist. I am at present, in charge of this particular aspect of the project, and we have one volunteer working on tiles, but more are always welcome.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 02 May 2017 - 06:24 AM.

#30 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:38 PM

Another Idea: a darknut that is immune to the hammer and bombs. You can only kill with a sword only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users