what if new enemies were added.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:37 AM

I enjoy playing zc, but I was thinking what if we added some new enemies? We still keep the old ones, we just gotta upgrade them. Like for example: Green goriya, shoots out fire boomerang from N,W,S,E. And a another example: wall masters, takes you out of the level, and leaves you in the entrance of the level. Another example (last one): a yellow bubble, freezes you for 3 seconds. 

Could be a good idea or not, was gonna ask this question to you guys long ago if we added new enemies, (if someone already made this topic, PLEASE let me know)

• CimFighter likes this

#2 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

A lot of new enemies can be added with the enemy editor (it's surprisingly powerful). And of course just about any enemy you can imagine can be scripted.

I also think future versions of ZC are going to have even more flexible enemy editors so could make some of these yourself without scripting.
  • CimFighter likes this

#3 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:43 PM

I think you're onto something with those wallmasters, so I went and retroactively added them to every version of ZC with a seamless patch update on everyone's computers.  Go ahead, check your enemy options.

• Twilight Knight, strike, Jared and 3 others like this

#4 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:33 PM

I think you're onto something with those wallmasters, so I went and retroactively added them to every version of ZC with a seamless patch update on everyone's computers.  Go ahead, check your enemy options.

Those ideas, are from my idea to make a quest. I'm glad you liked one of them. Pleases me :3

A lot of new enemies can be added with the enemy editor (it's surprisingly powerful). And of course just about any enemy you can imagine can be scripted.

I also think future versions of ZC are going to have even more flexible enemy editors so could make some of these yourself without scripting.

O

#5 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

I plan on making exactly one new enemy type at some point if all goes well. :)
  • SUCCESSOR and Zagut like this

#6 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:22 PM

I plan on making exactly one new enemy type at some point if all goes well. :)

:0

#7 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:34 PM

To be fair Gleeok, I did have a suggestion for a new enemy.

Edited by tim, 02 February 2017 - 01:34 PM.

#8 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:28 PM

OwO. That's amazing Tim!

Edited by Unpost, 02 February 2017 - 04:29 PM.

#9 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:17 PM

What I think we all want to see is a Peahatra you can only attack when it briefly pauses and stops flying.

• Magi_Hero, Evan20000, Naru and 1 other like this

#10 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:26 PM

I was kinda thinking of that
  • CimFighter likes this

#11 CimFighter

CimFighter

CimFam/Writer

• Members

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:08 PM

what about simply giant versions of the basic monsters but stronger?

#12 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

Hmm... We need some sort of enemy that you can only damage from the back or sides with a sword.

On a serious note, the enemy editor is great. Instead of adding new enemies and forcing people to find new gfx for custom quests, more enemy editor options is what we need. Can you guys add more pages without having to spend months reworking the ZC code? Or will you run out of space to even be able to add more enemy editor options? Will ZC be 100mb soon? Ahh! My brain.
  • Zagut likes this

#13 TheTrueMarioMaster

TheTrueMarioMaster

Initiate

• Members

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

I agree with Omega.  Being not that good with scripting and relying a lot on the enemy editor to make custom enemies I have hit a lot of limits when creating custom stuff.  I understand why options with boss enemies are limited but with other regular enemy types have just the basic essentials for the existing enemies to function with exception of the walking enemy type and even then there are still limits to what you can do with said enemy type (bomb blast only working with rope style enemies, any enemy without the default walk style not being able to fire there weapons unless set to rapid fire type, not being able to use more than one shot type, not being able to spawn walking enemies off grid).  I would like the options for walking enemy types to expand to other enemy types (even flying enemies which can tribble can't split when hit or on death, it couldn't be that hard to implement).

• Zagut likes this

#14 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:16 AM

I have plans to add some to ZC--at some point. No spoilers, no promises. Many other things have priority, over this. I would also like to fix some remaining NES consistency issues with extant enemies.

My enemy editor 'enhancement plans' though, will please most of you.

@Scoot: Nice one.

@Gleeok: Would that perchance be The Grikarugun Laser Gleeok Superboss?

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 11 March 2017 - 08:20 AM.

#15 Mudkipz

Mudkipz

Lurking Khajiit

• Members

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

I would love to see Beamos be officially built in one day. I know you can sort of fake them with shooters, but proper ones like how they work in LttP/LA built into Zelda Classic would be so awesome.

I would also love to see a few more defences for enemies built in one day too, like how Buzzblobs harm you if you hit them with your sword in LttP. Things like that would be really neat

• Zagut likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users