Revival of Link

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

I am making a new quest titled "TLOZ: Revival of Link". It is a sequel to my last quest (God of Power), so if you haven't played that, this quest may not make too much sense to you. My aim in this quest is to be only innovative. As a result, the tileset is not top-notch. As far as I know only a certain dozen or so of people actually really played it (I'm basing this off of the help topic for it). Anyway, if you would like to download the first demo for it, this is the thread for you. You will know when it ends because you will eventually reach a grey screen. I need feedback mostly in terms of difficulty. I find the difficulty perfect, but any input will help.

http://brianvl.webs.com/AOTime2.qst

I would've posted a few screenshots but unfortunately they were in the wrong format -_-

For 2.10, but I recommend playing it with a later build (one or two of the MIDI's triggers the allegro bug severely on 2.10 at times)

Edited by Brian, 22 July 2012 - 09:05 PM.

#2 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hi! icon_smile.gif

I like your demo enjoyed playing it. Storyline was interesting. When I went through the boss door in Valtima's Tower was there suppose to be a boss to defeat? There was just a magic jar then one screen up a big key then I went to the gray screen. I think the difficulty level is just fine. I died 3 times. Once because I wasn't watching what I was doing. I did find the key to Valtima's Tower before even getting the clues. What can I say I stick around and try everything before leaving a area. icon_biggrin.gif

I couldn't play it in 2.10 because it kept crashing. I played it just fine in 2.10.2.

Can't wait until you finish it. icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: The music in the tower made me think of the 'X-Files'. icon_eyebrow.gif

Edited by Artistic, 23 July 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#3 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Yeah there was supposed to be a red wizrobe as a boss. It's been there every time I tested that place so it's odd that it didn't show. Since releasing that demo I have been working a lot more on it. What gray screen are you talking about though, the trippy graveyard or some sort of bug? The fifth tower should be completed soon and after that the REAL quest begins! Thanks for playing!

It does have a bit of an X-Files sound to it in the timing... the music is from Clock Tower, a Japanese exclusive survivor horror game for the SNES.

Edited by Brian, 28 July 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#4 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:32 AM

I recommend writing the acronym for God of Power to "GoP," with a lowercase "o", so it doesn't get confused with a certain American political party. icon_wink.gif

#5 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 28 2012, 03:17 PM) View Post

Yeah there was supposed to be a red wizrobe as a boss. It's been there every time I tested that place so it's odd that it didn't show. Since releasing that demo I have been working a lot more on it. What gray screen are you talking about though, the trippy graveyard or some sort of bug? The fifth tower should be completed soon and after that the REAL quest begins! Thanks for playing!

It does have a bit of an X-Files sound to it in the timing... the music is from Clock Tower, a Japanese exclusive survivor horror game for the SNES.

I wonder using 2.10.2 changed the wizrobes to be not there, as if I beaten him already. Weird! icon_unsettled.gif
The gray screen was in Valtima's Tower I got the magic jar walked up got the big key then went in the warp on the right.
Went to this screen then walked down and went to the gray screen. I thought that was the end of the demo since you said in first post that "You will know when it ends because you will eventually reach a grey screen." There was more after Valtima's Tower?
IPB Image

IPB Image

#6 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

I think the amount of warp portals on that screen meant only for visual appeal happen to be where Link is standing... so the gray screen is explainable. There is more after Valtima's Tower. The 2nd tower is in this demo.

#7 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

http://brianvl.webs....e2 Demo 1.1.qst

This is the NEW and IMPROVED demo! Much better than the last. Features new graphics, bug fixes, and all five towers. The warp flower at the end of tower 5 just warps you to a screen telling you the demo is over. Give it a try!

#8 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Thanks! Brian will give the demo a try and let you know what I think. icon_smile.gif

#9 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

I started from the beginning. Found that shop you added thanks it did help. The gleeok was still hard to beat, I think I must of hit it at least 20 times. icon_lol.gif

The screen with all the warps that is after Valtima's Tower if I push right on my gamepad I go to a gray screen with 4 blue bats. I can walk back up to the warp screen again. I know all you have to do is wait. When the screen changes I can do the same thing it goes to a gray screen with 4 blue bats. I can walk back and wait. People who play it for the first time may not realize you just have to wait for the screens to change.

In Retoya's Tower did something strange. After giving the fairy the key I saved and restarted in front of the Dark Cavern. Then after getting the boots in Retoya's Tower I saved and restarted in Retoya's Tower.

In Shyva's Tower I gave the fairy the key and saved and then when I restarted I was stuck in the doorway. I tried F6 Continue but that didn't work. I'm using 2.10.2 player so I thought I would try 2.10 player to see if I would be stuck in the doorway. I put my save in 2.10 to try it. Bad news your still stuck in doorway. Good news is that you can F6 Continue and you are unstuck and can walk again. So I'm going to continue playing using 2.10 so I can get farther in the quest.

I like what you did with the map in Valtima's Tower. icon_biggrin.gif I see that there is something new going up to the Meryta's Tower.
Those fireballs and traps are rough trying to get the raft. Took me 3 times. icon_lol.gif

I forgot to ask this with the first demo. I got a bottle in the beginning with some red potion in it. But I've tried to use it and nothing happens. I haven't found a potion shop either.

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

Great quest so far. icon_thumbsup.gif

EDIT: Reina's Tower does the same thing Shyva's Tower did with being stuck in the doorway. You can continue playing using the F6 Continue trick though. I did notice as long as you don't exit out and restart Zelda-w while your in the towers you can save and start alright your not stuck.

EDIT:Finished the demo. I whistled and took the raft trip, I got to the screen above and found out you need a key. Took the raft back and couldn't get off. I never found the key for the bottom picture.
IPB Image
IPB Image

On the last screen you spelled 'Appricaitewd' wrong. It should be 'Appreciated'.

I enjoyed playing it. icon_biggrin.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by Artistic, 07 August 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#10 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

There is some serious problems with the warps in this quest. They all reset themselves without me doing anything. On the raft screen you simply use the ladder to hit that star switch and it will bring the floor tile back so you can walk on it. Also, I would highly recommend using a 2.5 build to play this quest. 2.10 has been giving me issues that are not present in 2.5 (I have absolutely no idea why this could be, the warps all reset themselves and sometimes the message strings do too -_-)

The key you are missing is in the first room of the tower behind the pillar to the right icon_wink.gif

And also, that bottle is the blood of Link. Triaga gives it to you so you can mix it with the angel fairy's tears.

BTW in the last shot, how did you get over there on the right of the screen without the key?

Edited by Brian, 08 August 2012 - 02:02 AM.

#11 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 8 2012, 02:00 AM) View Post

There is some serious problems with the warps in this quest. They all reset themselves without me doing anything. On the raft screen you simply use the ladder to hit that star switch and it will bring the floor tile back so you can walk on it. Also, I would highly recommend using a 2.5 build to play this quest. 2.10 has been giving me issues that are not present in 2.5 (I have absolutely no idea why this could be, the warps all reset themselves and sometimes the message strings do too -_-)

The key you are missing is in the first room of the tower behind the pillar to the right icon_wink.gif

And also, that bottle is the blood of Link. Triaga gives it to you so you can mix it with the angel fairy's tears.

BTW in the last shot, how did you get over there on the right of the screen without the key?

I did try to get off the raft port to the right the ladder doesn't work there. As soon as I push the directional it starts the raft ride. You can't use the ladder from the floor to the star. I use the whistle and a green walk block appear to walk on the raft port.

There isn't a key behind that pillar. Is there something you have to do to make the key appear?

You can come from the screen to the right of it. From this screen.
IPB Image

#12 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

This is very strange. I tested this dungeon over at least 8 times and not only does the ladder work for me to get to the switch, but the key is also there... Maybe these are all exclusive problems to 2.10? Maybe I should just test it IN 2.10 for once, considering I always use 2.5 (honestly, playing any quest with their version these days seems useless, specially with the allegro bug). Thanks though! I really needed to know about getting to that screen. Looks like I'll just have to adjust some secret combos and then think more about possibilities of the player. I'll try and soften the difficulty a bit as well

#13 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

if you test it in 2.5, why not build it in 2.5? isn't 2.1 incompatible or does 2.5 handle different old versions separately?

#14 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

Don't know how to respond to that... Bit baked.

Anyway lemme think... well, I don't like 2.5's zquest... It's too new for me, for the time being at least. 2.10 is the most stable version anyway, but I don't test in 2.10 because the allegro bug is quite awful.

#15 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Actually, 2.5 is MUCH more stable than 2.1, and you can disable the large mode interface. I recommend that all questmakers upgrade to 2.5 even if they don't use its new features.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users