Eckland

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:03 PM

Now that I downloaded 1.90 and 1.92, I can play archaic masterpieces. At first I tried these quests on 2.10 and so found a horde of serious bugs (side warp and enemies, mostly) and I thought it was the fault of the quest authors... how wrong I was.
So, this Eckland is truly a shining gem of the database, it gets the "best mountain usage" award from me and I don't only mean the overworld. icon_naughty.gif

However, I need help.
I can't find Level 4 anywhere. I have beaten L3 and explored much, finding such things like L2 sword and bracelet.
Also, is the first arrow that I bought (in L2) was a silver arrow? Or a normal one? If it's silver, I can kill the L3 Gohma in the fisher cave. Related to it, I need a better suit to kill the fire gleeok in the fisher cave, am I far from the blue ring/tunic yet?

#2 schoochie662

schoochie662

Wizard

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

Hi CC: I don't remember enough details to answer your questions about Eckland but do suggest you use 1.92 b183 for all 1.90 quests. Think it'll be really worth your while to start over in 1.92.

#3 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:01 PM

I think Eckland is an 1.92 quest and so I'm playing it in 1.92. I don't know which beta of it, but I guess it doesn't count. Thanks for the 1.90 => 1.92 tip though.

#4 schoochie662

schoochie662

Wizard

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Feb 9 2009, 06:01 PM) View Post

I think Eckland is an 1.92 quest and so I'm playing it in 1.92. I don't know which beta of it, but I guess it doesn't count. Thanks for the 1.90 => 1.92 tip though.

It does count--You need to use b183 because 184 has problems/isn't fully backward compatible.

#5 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(schoochie662 @ Feb 9 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

It does count--You need to use b183 because 184 has problems/isn't fully backward compatible.

Well//! I played this a little a while back but some bugs boosted me out
don't know if fixed or still the same -- will give another try!
Also many comments like this one....
fun quest especially at the end when levels became more challenging. Unable to beat because of warp bug though

#6 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE(vravelo @ Feb 9 2009, 08:14 PM) View Post

Well//! I played this a little a while back but some bugs boosted me out
don't know if fixed or still the same -- will give another try!
Also many comments like this one....
fun quest especially at the end when levels became more challenging. Unable to beat because of warp bug though

Yes I'm playing this quest om v2.10 and is performing super" so far....
I see the hookshot but need some stuff to get it!
any 1 know how to ge this hookshot? what I need? and where to get it?
any help will be greatly appreciated --thks

#7 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:53 PM

This quest is for 1.92-163. The blue ring can be found NW by burning a bush. I,m still looking for the L2 sword.

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:18 PM

That's not a big thing: at north, northwest, there's a locked house with a hole on the same screen. Go down the hole and go through the maze. I completed it by trial and error, but there's an NPC in the northwest mountains who tells the directions for free.

Now I'm still looking for L4, as far as I remember. Last level I completed was the one with the ladder. (Downside old old quests: hardly anybody remembers locations for them...)

#9 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:35 PM

Have beaten the fire gleeok in the fisher cave who holds the raft, but I don´t know how to get it. Have tried bombs, superbombs, arrows, boomerang, nothing seems to work. Any tips ?

#10 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Feb 11 2009, 02:18 PM) View Post

That's not a big thing: at north, northwest, there's a locked house with a hole on the same screen. Go down the hole and go through the maze. I completed it by trial and error, but there's an NPC in the northwest mountains who tells the directions for free.

Now I'm still looking for L4, as far as I remember. Last level I completed was the one with the ladder. (Downside old old quests: hardly anybody remembers locations for them...)

CC my friend!! you never said what did you found on that hole next to the house
I know where's at! tried once but failed, will try one more time
any hint in how to get the hookshot!???
thanks

#11 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:38 AM

I tried to get the hookshot, but couldn't. At first I wanted to climb up the hill (you get wallet this way, too), bt I couldn't do that anywhere. So I guess you need to open that door somehow... If it requires the hookshot then maybe you will need the flippers and need to find a swim warp, but this is just speculation.

#12 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:37 PM

Level 4 is the cave marked with the hookshot. To get there, fire an arrow att the left statue.

#13 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(Lukaz @ Feb 12 2009, 11:37 AM) View Post

Level 4 is the cave marked with the hookshot. To get there, fire an arrow att the left statue.

Thanks LUKAZ -- and thank to you too .. CC , for those valuable hints
I'll try that today after fixing this junk (my pc)
I

#14 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:02 AM

I got the hammer from level 6 and hookshot from level 5 (one room bring you outside)
I got the magic book from a cave...
any 1 know where to get the wand...?

#15 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:49 PM

Hammer from lvl6 ??? - isn´t that the place for the flute ?
Anyway, you can find the wand in the little village SW. You have to walk trough the logs to go there. You can even get the amulett, boots and golden arrow in that village. There is a shop that sells a gem for 100 rupies but it gives you 200 rupies. So you can buy all those items there. You need the wand to get the raft.

Maybe yuo can tell me where I can find a L3 sword. I,m working in lvl 8 and it´s to hard for the L2 sword.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users