Scripts in build 579

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 September 2007 - 08:14 AM

Hey, I'm using build 579 and it won't run two separate scripts on the same screen, only the last code in the buffer.

So I write a script for a particular FFC, import it in, compile, assign it to a slot, assign it to the FFC, test... works fine.

Then I write a second script for another FFC on the same screen, import it, compile it, assign it do a different slot, assign it to a different FFC, test... now the SECOND FFC works fine, but the first one won't.

So I recompile the first script, and now the first FFC works, but not the second. My only option seems to meld both the scripts into one and reference the same script from both FFCs (this works, but is an annoyance to make screen-specific scripts... also I haven't tried compiling a script on another screen, but that might erase the other ones as well icon_confused.gif)

Thoughts?

#2 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:31 PM

Use 584?

#3 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:04 PM

uhm... are you using two different files to import? o.0 It will ONLY work if they are in the same file. icon_neutral.gif

Edited by Master_of_Power, 21 September 2007 - 03:06 PM.

#4 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:46 PM

M_O_P's right. Hopefully though, the later builds of Zscript/ZASM will accept multiple files, eliminating the return of this question forever...

#5 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:02 AM

Ah I see. So you need to compile all your scripts into one file... ok, thanks

#6 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:32 AM

you only put 'import "std.zh"' once though, at the top.

#7 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:25 AM

Yes, and you can also import "other files" too, with whatever data you throw into it. It's a bit tricky though....

#8 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:28 AM

Every time I import another .z file it overwrites the buffer and no other imported files work. But keeping all the scripts in one file isn't too much of a hassle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users