Dreams Of Yesterday

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

Master Of Amy Rose Series

• Members

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:37 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=QU5w4819cpgPart 1 So people have a sleeping problem?

https://www.youtube....h?v=9KR4OMNEGVUPart 2 Try with all your might!!!

Dreams Of Yesterday is a zelda classic quest created by then C-Dawg but now under full development of ShadowTiger.  This quest is one that gets constantly updated and more than likely never stays the same.  The story, based on my knowledge, seems to be that everyone in the village is asleep and we need to see what the problem is.  This quest was handed to me from ShadowTiger as there is no quest page of its own and is my first time playing it.  Enjoy!

• ShadowTiger likes this

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:58 AM

This is a copy and paste from my comment in the first video.

Constant updates, yeah. Pretty much. There's a TON of stuff to change. Right now, I'm making the minimaps suck less. I'm one or two dungeons in, so if you play the version I'll link to shortly, the minimaps won't be visually consistent, but they're still fully accurate.

Also, I did just do a full run-through of the quest, and it's entirely playable from start to finish. There are still a few weird things, but I'm not scripter (despite having made a ton of tiny stupid little scripts to fix things) but some things are a bit harder than that. But yes, it's definitely all playable with no problems.

The quest is a bit hard, sure, but you can find SOOO MANY Heart Container Pieces all over the place. Three dungeons in, you can get some darn good stuff just about anywhere you look.

Anywho, the latest version is Here. Feel free to make a backup of your save file (zc.sav) and rename DoY250.qst to something else, and put this version in its place.

Also, at 21:20 or so in the first video, there was a heart container piece that could be found. It's one screen south of the owl in the upper-right corner.

There was a sign outside the Shop that described how to use the shop. You can press either L or R (Forgot which) to see the price and description of shop items. I think it was LTM's shop script I used.

And yes, we did have diagonal movement enabled at one point. It didn't last that long. :-/ Quite buggy.

#3 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:40 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=vndunWI_uQoPart 3 Harsh boss

https://www.youtube....h?v=htboVhKEqTgPart 4 Error was here

#4 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:51 PM

I really dont know how to post things now with the new rules in effect, so I'll just say that part 5 is up!

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:38 AM

To respond to your inquiry in the post above, I'll quote from a piece of the clarification thread about the rules and highlight a few key pieces of information.

What's this mean? Basically, as a rule of thumb ... the more frequently you post, the more important it is that your posts have substance.

That's the main point here. As long as it's a quality post that draws people in and makes people think "Oh, so that's what this link is about. I see that you do ____ and ____ in this video. Good, that's the one I'm looking for. Great, thanks, I'll click in."

I feel that if you haven't updated in a few weeks, you'll have plenty to talk about when you do update ... but it also means that you're so far away from the "link dumping" behavior we're targeting that we probably won't be looking too closely.

Just a bit of background there.

If, however, you're posting every single day, we're going to expect more than just a cursory "here's part 3 the water level". If you're going to post every day, you need to make a strong effort to justify it and add content that's going to be a benefit to the forum.

Further clarification on what is requested. Basically, look at what your current first post is. There's a single link just pasted like text that was automatically turned into a URL, and then the title of the video. There's no description of what you've done in the video. If there was, it should be a full paragraph. A general synopsis will do. Something like:
Spoiler
Something like that would do swimmingly for each video. That's just my estimate, though. I had no hand in the creation of this system. I just feel like going above and beyond merely posting a link to the video and nothing else would do whole worlds of good towards making the videos enticing towards people.

When I just see a link and very, very little else, I shrug it off. Why should it be worth my time to click into the video? I (speaking metaphorically here) have no idea who you are, and I (again, metaphorically) certainly have no reason to subscribe or like your videos. You'd have to reel me in. Advertise, but advertise warmly. Know what I mean?

It would be like if you made one of those little Invisionfree/Zetaboards forums for ZC to mimic PureZC. Why the heck should anyone go there, especially if it's just there to be there. Meh. Not worth anyone's time.

If it looked like a QUALITY post, though, then you'd know that some major effort went into the production, and people would be drawn in!

And if you're updating multiple times each day ... Yeah, that's just not going to work. Consolidating your video updates into a single, substantial post would be the ideal way of handling something like that.

My guess here is that it depicts quality over quantity.

Frequent daily bumps purely for the sake of bumping ... That's really what we're objecting to, here.

Straight from the horse's mouth. ... metaphorically.

If you want to be excused from the "no daily bumps" rule, then convince us by making your content great.

*Insert Trump reference here*

====================================

Anywho, in terms of a response to your videos, specifically most of what you said in video #5, I won't post any more hints unless you specifically come to me and ask.

Possible spoiler regarding Error's Mansion.
Spoiler

I just want to make sure that although you want to explore the quest without any spoilers, you're also exploring the individual terrain and not missing out on anything. I can't claim to have given 100% consistency towards things, but I try to make every signpost readable. It's why the prices aren't visible - LtM's shop script doesn't display them outright, as far as I'm aware. So you have to Press "R" to view them. The signs outside of the shops explain that, but you didn't read them and wait for the text to finish completely before walking into the shop, thus not allowing the sign to display the part where it explains how the shops work. Read every sign to completion, please.

#6 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:39 PM

Since the change.....I havent been posting things on here...I will put the completed playlist when done with the project...and try to see how I can resume posting on here.

#7 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:06 PM

Since the change.....I havent been posting things on here...I will put the completed playlist when done with the project...and try to see how I can resume posting on here.

All it really is is posting a link to the video as well as a description of things you do in the video. As long as it's not a straight-up link dump with nothing else, it's probably fine. Bare minimum, but fine nonetheless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users