Photo

How do I pull off a Wario Land Super Mario Land 3 style banking

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KOManiacJim

KOManiacJim

• Members

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:06 PM

I know that my quest won't be that original but I am going to do my best to design the best darn Wario Land styled Quest in order to fill the void of Greed based Quest.

So I am asking for assistance for the main draw of the quest: A Banking system that adds up rupees after each section and dungeon (and takes a large chunk of rupees away if you die) along with treasures you can rob from Ganondorf's forces of evil in a bid to buy a castle bigger than Zelda's. The treasures will also be taken away if die.

All of them will respawn after they are taken from Walink when he dies so backtracking may be the best option in a bid to help the greedy Delinquent of Greed if you get your head handed to.

No, Not the Items that can be used in the traditional zelda sense for I will refer to the usual Zelda Items as "Powers" in this sense that they are separate to "Keys" that are used to open paths, and "Treasures" which must be collected to bag as many Rupees as you can to get the best ending.

So, with the idea set, how can I make the code needed to pull off the main draw of Walink's World?

Edited by KOManiacJim, 10 April 2016 - 06:30 PM.

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:32 AM

I have banking and money system code in the RPG.zh header that you are welcome to use.

I could probably write an entire script set for this in two days, if I can ever get two days of free time.

You can look at the RPG.zh stuff on GitHub:

https://github.com/ZoriaRPG/RPG_zh/

You want to look at RPG_Money.zlib ... check the 0.97 Alpha Development fork.

Note that I'm presuming that you have enough of a reasonable grasp of ZScript to understand the code.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 12 April 2016 - 08:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users