Photo

Screenshot of the Week 574

Polaris Rambly Lunaria

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 574 (40 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:22 PM

Polaris

Polaris.png

Well that's enough DoR for one year. Back to GB with me. :V

Rambly

Rambly.png

hmm. huh

Lunaria

Lunaria.png

Plop

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:18 AM

Polaris' looks vibrant, alive, and done with the soul. Not trying to be offensive but the other ones look dull to me. 

#3 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:41 AM

Loving Rambly's palette. Voted here.

#4 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:47 AM

Lunaria - what is with the red stripes in the grass? the trunk-color also looks a bit odd to me, I am not too fond of that palette in general, but with fitting music and setting I might rate it higher

Rambly - nice colors and screen design, really like it. voted here.

Polaris - nearly voted here just because of the text below ;) nice screen, but same issues like I said before in the screenshot critique thread, additional I kind of don't like how it seems as you can slip behind the house while you obviously can't. the dark spot (middle down) of the tree top also looks really odd on the one tree without the rest of the treetop above it seen.

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:51 AM

Polaris - Very nice screenshot. I love the usage of DoR as well as the overall screen. Those trees look a bit weird though, I dunno why but I feel like they don't fit too well. Screen is great besides that though.

Rambly - Pretty interesting BS shot. That palette looks quite strange and interesting, but looks pretty nice at the same. I like the screen itself too.

Lunaria - I really like this shot. It's got a nice and dark palette and I haven't really got any major complaints about the screen. The only thing that looks weird is the weird red spots on the grass on the right side, I dunno what's up with that, but it looks quite out of place.

It was very close between Polaris and Lunaria, but I'm gonna go for Polaris this week.

• Matthew likes this

#6 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:32 AM

To explain the confusion: The red things in the tall grass is something that gets revealed when the grass is cut. Though, spoilers: It's spikes. :P
  • ShadowTiger, MermaidCim and Eddy like this

#7 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:55 PM

To me Rambly's is the best all-around. There's one thing on both Lunaria and Polaris's here that didn't wow me. With Rambly, it's well done in all aspects.

For Lunaria's, the color palette isn't the best for me either. You should probably make the tree stumps a little better color

For Polaris's, the trees seem a little off to me for some reason. Could be better

Rambly's however looks very well-polished and designed. Also I love when there's a lot going on in screenshots as I've said before, and there is quite a bit of action here. I wonder what's inside the cave door?

#8 McTushpants

McTushpants

• Members

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:39 AM

My vote goes to rambly. That sexy minimap yo

#9 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:28 AM

wow, legit surprised at how well my screen is doing and how many people like it despite that i only submitted it cuz TS asked for more shots. thank you!

also really happy that people like the palette; that was the thing i worked hardest on

also the minimap isn't mine, it's Exate's!  but thanks anyway McTushpants

null but i woulda voted for polaris; prob fav usage of DoR i've seen in a lil bit.  i like lunaria's layout a lotttt actually but never been a fan of saturated brown-gold colors.  there's nothing wrong with it inherently, just weird personal taste thing from me, but my vote might've gone there if i had more of a disposition towards the palette

• Sheik likes this

#10 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:02 AM

All great showings this week.

Good God, though. Rambly, that palette makes me HARD. The LN tileset, too. Schwing!

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:04 PM

With exactly half the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 574 is Polaris!

Polaris.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- Polaris (17 votes [50.00%])

- Rambly (12 votes [35.29%])
- Lunaria (5 votes [14.71%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Polaris, Rambly, Lunaria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users