Photo

Screenshot of the Week 600!

Migokalle

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 600! (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of these many wonderful screenshots is worthy of the honor of this 600th contest's victory?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:26 PM

Once again, we reach another century mark, another milestone in this grand contest that is Screenshot of the Week. It's been a blast, and you all have delivered to once again mark one of the biggest contests yet! To all who have submitted over the years: Thank you. It feels a bit redundant, having just given this thanks last month for Screenshot of the Year, but I didn't plan it this way! Regardless, thanks so much to you, and to all past hosts of Screenshot of the Week! I included their names last time, I shall again this time! Thank you to... Nick, Praethus, MountainDrew, Teilyr, PrinceMSC, Neptune, Relic, Shoelace, /M/, Ebola Zaire, LinktheMaster, and nicklegends!

And now, let the contest begin!

Naru

Naru.png

Such a petty screen for #600? No wonder my cat ran away!

nicklegends

nicklegends.gif

Nooo! I missed the ladder!

NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire.png

Link confronts his rival in a dark and frozen world made entirely out of rupee ore. Oh, and speaking of rupees!

Polaris

Polaris.png

Link? Oh, Link's on vacation. Where's the enemies? Uhh... They're on vacation too. ...Where's the subscreen you say? Weeell, it's on vacation too...

Joelmacool

Joelmacool.png

600!

RedTribeLink

RedTribeLink.png

A time of reflection, a time of adventure, a time of...progress

Aslion

Aslion.png

I love you for ever and ever!!

Migokalle

Migokalle.png

Because logos are cool, here's one.

Sheik

Sheik.png

GrantGreif

GrantGreif.png

Feels good man

ywkls

ywkls.png

Even bad guys have to start somewhere.

Orithan

Orithan.png

"Why is it wherever I go in this golden palace, I feel like I am always being watched. Thankfully those Darknuts over there can't reach me from that platform..." ~ Hal Hunter.

Alestance

Alestance.png

You were expecting a shitpost, but it was me! Thunderbird!

Lüt

Lut.png

Alright, let's make it a big one! Inferno burns once more.

Eddy

Eddy.png

Have something random for SotW 600. Just a reminder that this project still isn't dead I guess :P

• nicklegends, Eddy, Avaro and 4 others like this

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:40 PM

Had I not entered, I would of voted for Migokalle. It's pretty neat seeing a screenshot from his forest quest!

Shout out to Eddy too. Finish Amy Rose 3 before Half-Life 3 please!

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder and Eddy like this

#3 SubconsciousEye

SubconsciousEye

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:14 AM

Migokalle's back from the grave?

Man, who knew!

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:24 AM

Migokalle's back from the grave?

Man, who knew!

He was Robin for a while, but yeah. Name changes, man.

Anyway, wow, what a turnout (Pretty sure this is the biggest). I would have entered, but I just wasn't paying attention. Oh well, SotW 700 is in a little under.. two years?

I voted for nicklegends and I will have comments for them all up at some point. :) Good job, everyone who entered.

EDIT: Wow, I officially feel really old. I remember SotW 100.

• nicklegends and Avaro like this

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:14 AM

Migokalle

Migokalle.png

Because logos are cool, here's one.

Oh man, THP is gonna be so great you guys! I hear they've got SCRIPTS. Every time you pick up a bomb, it tells you you got a bomb. And I hear Robin even found a way to make an armos move in circles. In circles! FFCs don't even do that normally.

(Seeing this screen sure brought back some memories)

• nicklegends, Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder and Eddy like this

#6 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:13 AM

Migokalle MUST win this!!!

Voting for him.

#7 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:51 AM

I have voted for Migokalle. I almost voted for nicklegends because it's a very nice screen (and probably your best screen yet, too in my opinion) and I might have liked that over Migokalle's actual screen, but subscreen- and palettewise Migokalle took over again. Out of the other screens I feel like Naru's should get an honorable mention, too. I like how you made this wall/fence work -- I would not have known how to set it up that nicely.

Edited by Sheik, 27 February 2017 - 04:52 AM.

• nicklegends likes this

#8 CimFighter

CimFighter

CimFam/Writer

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:01 AM

NewJourneysFire

Edit:It's just simply the best of these. It's hard to pick the best one here this is a good round

Edited by CimFighter, 27 February 2017 - 07:28 AM.

#9 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:24 AM

Migokalle - you make me sick with how good you are.

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder and Naru like this

#10 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:52 AM

While I think Migokalle deserves at least an honorable mention, I personally like nicklegends' more.
  • Cukeman likes this

#11 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:49 AM

Wow this is one hell of a turnout. If I went and critiqued every screen this week, it would take me forever lol. In short, all these screens are pretty awesome and unique in their own way. I especially loved Sheik, Polaris and Migokalle the most. I know I submitted, but I can't help but vote for Migokalle this week :P

• Shane likes this

#12 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:03 PM

I was reminded of this in Eddy's shot, but has any one else noticed that the big underwater rocks are literally the same as the back of Nayru's sprite in Ages? Her hair, more specifically. Now you can't unsee it. :blah:
  • Eddy likes this

#13 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:04 PM

jesus hoobastank christ this is a lot

Naru

First and foremost please don't put trees directly behind other trees ever it's really bad looking

Anyway the general aesthetic of this screen is really nice but it's a little janky looking because of how ZC's screens work. This would look really good in a game with Z3-esque scrolling but I don't think this portion really functions as a screen very well.

nicklegends

hot diggity dog ! it's really good 

NewJourneysFire

I can't tell what's going on. It's pretty though.

Polaris

nice palette, screen itself isn't bad but it's nothing special. It feels really dead and the way the mountain ends on the top right looks a little wacky, I'd extend that if I were you

Joelmacool

It's nice. That boulder doesn't really fit with the tileset I think. Pretty fine screen though.

RedTribeLink

That palette is really ugly and i don't get why you used ice for the ceiling. Whole screen looks like a mashup of NES and GB graphics and it's just not appealing to me

Aslino

looks like you made a nonfunctional screen to appeal to the masses to get cheap votes in shot of the week, also, tree is blue

Migokalle

Not generally a fan of the pay-to-win strategy for SotW but it's really paying off for you and this is a very nice screen.

Sheik

I love everything about this?????? the water owns????? why are you so good at making screens and palettes and making ugly things looks really nice????????

This is definitely my favorite this week. Only thing I have to say is that it looks kinda weird how the mountains end around the water and it's all bordered by land, it would look really sweet if the mountains actually went into the water but it doesn't really look bad this way either.

GrantGrief

shameless ripoff of my famous John Wilkes Booth screen but without improving upon anything, and in fact actively unimproving in every discernible way

ywkyls

tthis is a mess, the mountains towards the bottom looks terrible cutting off 1 tile below the screen border and those rocks look obviously like lazy walkability copouts. the whole top part of the screen looks like you just threw a bunch of things everywhere without any thought behind them at all

Orithan

I get that that's supposed to be an over/under bridge type thing but it really doesn't look like one unless you squint real hard. I'd try to fix that perspecive issue and maybe add a little more detail to the solid mustard-colored floors because the walls and floor borders are really detailed and it kinda clashes.

Alestance

it's aight

Lut

feels a little too open but it's alright. I'd try to make the top wall a little less straight and maybe bring the lower right one up so it's symmetrical? add a little more colorful floor details too, those red blocks blend in too much and the whole screens just a little too red

Eddy

have a little self respect man

• nicklegends, Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder and Sheik like this

#14 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:11 PM

I was reminded of this in Eddy's shot, but has any one else noticed that the big underwater rocks are literally the same as the back of Nayru's sprite in Ages? Her hair, more specifically. Now you can't unsee it. :blah:

I'm trying hard to see this, but I really can't. I just see rocks  :P

Eddy

have a little self respect man

Nah, I don't believe in self respect B)

#15 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:27 PM

Only thing I have to say is that it looks kinda weird how the mountains end around the water and it's all bordered by land, it would look really sweet if the mountains actually went into the water but it doesn't really look bad this way either.

I tried it, but I don't like my water/mountain transition tiles. For comparision:

3HF8ccl.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Migokalle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users