• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

#136 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:48 AM

Pretty awesome quest so far. But now I have a problem.

Is there a clue somewhere in the maze of Nakago?

Spoiler

#137 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:51 AM

I haven't seen this mentioned as a known issue, but I found if you are standing on the ladder, while the ladder is on top of lava, and you press the down arrow in the orcarina song menu, insta-death results.

Oops! Yeah, I didn't think to make the ladder not work when the Flute/Ocarina is active. It didn't really occur to me someone would use both at once, so I never thought to test it. If I release another update at some point I'll try to fix that.

The way it works is, when Link is on/in Lava in sideview, he gets drowned (like in quests where you can drown in water by stepping in it, except here it's activated by a script for various reasons, mostly involving making the water boots item work the way they do). It's supposed to only drown Link once, but since he's frozen by the flute playing, he doesn't change his animation properly until after he's un-frozen, so it happens over and over every frame. Or something along those lines, basically.

I recall having quite a few problems with lava not warping me out of it during my first run, but that was supposed to be fixed.

That was a different issue, where turning with the hammer interrupted Link's drowning effect and made you get drowned in the lava repeatedly. I think I fixed that one before release.

Two other bugs I've found out about since 1.2 that I'll fix if there's ever a 1.3:

1. The superball shooter apparently doesn't work on switches when it's fired straight down at them (diagonal bouncing and horizontal both work correctly though), causing a potential problem in Miyahon Palace,
  2. The text for the music selector and for save points (new in 1.2) can overlap if you manage to stand on/near both at once.

However, I don't want to rush another update out too fast because more things might crop up and I don't want to spam updates. (Both times so far I hoped it would be the last update, so, third time's the charm, maybe?)

Any tips for dealing with the boss in North Palace?  After a fairly long walk there, it seems like occasionally my hammer does some damage, but then two hits from her and I'm dead.

Eep, that's not good. Is your Life level low? It might help to bring some life dolls and magic potions (for the life spell). As far as strategies that work well...

Spoiler

But enemies in general will get tougher in Hyrule, so it's good to get your life level up if you can. If you're short on experience, there's some hidden XP you might've missed in...

Spoiler
Spoiler

One is in the swampy maze, i assume I need the hookshot to get it but have no idea where it is.

The 2nd one is all the way to the west. Surrounded by rocks, and need raft to get it, but can't find any way around the rocks.

You don't need any new items from the west to get into those. However, the ways to the entrances are a bit roundabout. You should explore with the raft, and explore various caves around the overworld. You may also need to bomb something, if you can find any suspicious rocky areas.

Also where in the world is epona?

Spoiler

Is there a clue somewhere in the maze of Nakago?

Do you mean the repeating maze path room with the zora? Maze paths can be solved by the compass. In Nakago, the compass can be found in...

Spoiler

But if you mean a different maze of some kind, then I may need more information about which area you mean.

EDIT AGAIN: Ok I did it. I beat the level too. Thanks for your help. I'm loving this game!

Thanks! It sounds like you're getting the hang of things. : )

Edited by Mitsukara, 15 January 2017 - 10:03 AM.

#138 aprazma

aprazma

• Members

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

Completed 4 dungeons. Not sure where to go next.

#139 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:10 AM

Completed 4 dungeons. Not sure where to go next.

Spoiler

#140 Ninja 4 Hire

Ninja 4 Hire

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:08 PM

Now just wait until you hit Marui and find your soul sucked out of your body. :P

Speaking of which...

Spoiler

#141 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

Speaking of which...

Spoiler

Spoiler

#142 Ninja 4 Hire

Ninja 4 Hire

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:34 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#143 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:38 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#144 Ninja 4 Hire

Ninja 4 Hire

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:59 PM

Spoiler

Yeah, I was. Sorry I didn't think of that.

Spoiler

#145 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

Sorry - still stuck on the boss on North Palace.  I was given the hint that using the downward stab while jumping would be effective.  I've tried that and quite literally the only thing that happens is that I make contact with her and die after two attempts.  Nothing I do seems to damage this creature.

#146 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:04 PM

I think I've beaten Nakago WITHOUT the compass. OH NO! I thought I have the compass. Silly me.

#147 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, I was. Sorry I didn't think of that.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sorry - still stuck on the boss on North Palace.  I was given the hint that using the downward stab while jumping would be effective.  I've tried that and quite literally the only thing that happens is that I make contact with her and die after two attempts.  Nothing I do seems to damage this creature.

Spoiler

I think I've beaten Nakago WITHOUT the compass. OH NO! I thought I have the compass. Silly me.

Well, good job figuring out the maze path. Did you place the crystal at the end?

#148 faronheights

faronheights

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:46 PM

Thanks for the help on Maze Palace. I've now made it to the final dungeon of the game and are stuck on two puzzles.

Both are in the northwest quadrant of the map. The first is the chamber just beyond that room with all the Mirror Wizzrobes in it. It has a maze of those special blocks and what looks like some interesting possibilities, like a but I can't even get started in the room, since the blocks cannot be pushed.

The other one is at the start of the path leading to the northwest. Here, there is a wall of those special negating blocks, a single blue ice tile and Impa telling me that "Variety is the spice of items," which makes no sense at all to me.

As before, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#149 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

Spoiler

I think you're talking about the monster before the boss.  I tried both of these things, and the former did no damage, while the latter was completely unable to block her fireballs.

#150 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:07 PM

Thanks for the help on Maze Palace. I've now made it to the final dungeon of the game and are stuck on two puzzles.

Both are in the northwest quadrant of the map. The first is the chamber just beyond that room with all the Mirror Wizzrobes in it. It has a maze of those special blocks and what looks like some interesting possibilities, like a but I can't even get started in the room, since the blocks cannot be pushed.

The other one is at the start of the path leading to the northwest. Here, there is a wall of those special negating blocks, a single blue ice tile and Impa telling me that "Variety is the spice of items," which makes no sense at all to me.

As before, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Spoiler

I think you're talking about the monster before the boss.  I tried both of these things, and the former did no damage, while the latter was completely unable to block her fireballs.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users