The Forbidden City

• Please log in to reply
632 replies to this topic

#31 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:28 AM

I'm a bit late :P I am getting there, though. I only have level 7 left to make. I have several ideas for it, now I just need to start building it, which I will be doing very soon.

• Eddy likes this

#32 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:48 AM

Don't be in such a rush. Quests like yours definitely deserve this "when it's done" thingamajig. :P

After all... "Good things come to those who wait." ;)

Edited by HavoX, 04 November 2014 - 08:59 AM.

#33 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:14 AM

Right, I'm not in a rush. That's why I got a bit behind with the schedule I gave. :P It will take the time it will take. A release late this year is still possible, but november is now unlikely.

#34 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:01 AM

Take all the time you need, I can wait. And besides, taking longer time to polish up things and fix stuff is always better than rushing towards the deadline and messing it up.

Can't wait to see the final product!

• HavoX likes this

#35 rz3

rz3

Initiate

• Members

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

Possibly a nice Christmas gift for me then. Or a happy new year. Lol

#36 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

I also have a ring system like in the Oracle games. You can collect many rings throughout the quest, which for the most part give you specific bonuses or abilities. Like in said games, the trick is you can't wear them all at once, so you have to choose what to wear (one ring at a time at first, then two if you find the level 2 ring box). No more bestiary this time, but you'll still get a percentage completion at the end of the quest, and the rings will be a part of that.

I am hoping that rings will be nowhere near that useless as in original game.

For instance, Yellow Luck ring. In original game, reduces damage from falling into dark pits from 1/2 heart to 1/4 heart. The ring will be more valuable if it would reduce damage from "instant death" to 2-3 hearts.

• HavoX likes this

#37 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:30 AM

Yes, the rings are mostly useful. For example, there's a ring that cancels the damage when you fall in pits, a ring that halves the damage you take from Wizzrobes' magic, a ring that lets you kill Zoras in one hit instead of two (useful in the early game), etc. Of course the very best rings are usually harder to find. For good measure, there are also a few joke rings as well as a few trophy rings (which you get for example after beating the "hard mode" of a minigame). Rings are for the most part optional, but if you want to make your life easier you'll probably want to look for them.

I'm nearly done with the beta but I don't want to rush the beta testing phase, so we're looking at a 2015 release.

• arieltap, Eddy, Avaro and 2 others like this

#38 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:33 PM

Thats great news to see, cant wait to check this quest out by an amazing quest maker and also we looking at a jan or feb release?

Edited by zcfan, 28 November 2014 - 01:35 PM.

#39 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:39 PM

Thanks, and I think I'll stop announcing release dates for now :P I'll keep you posted.

• WindRobe and HavoX like this

#40 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:06 PM

Good to hear you are making progress, Jamian. I love the idea with the rings by the way! Will there be a limit on how many you can carry or can you just equip all of them at once? :)

#41 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:11 PM

It would be too easy if you could equip them all at once :P You can wear one ring at a time at first, then two at a time if/when you find the level 2 ring box. There are 60 rings to collect too (although like I said there are some joke and trophy rings among them) so the more you collect, the more you'll probably have to think about what you currently want to equip.

#42 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

Alright, that sounds great! One thing though, can you change the equipped rings everywhere, at any time or do you need to go to the jeweler?

Edited by Avataro, 28 November 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#43 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

Pretty nice progress so far! I am also in love with the ring idea, brings back so many memories and nostalgia of the Oracle games.

Same as always, can't wait to play this when it gets released :D

#44 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

You need to go to one of the jewelers. They are easy to access, but you can't change rings in the middle of a dungeon for example.

• Avaro likes this

#45 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:07 PM

Quick update: the alpha version is finished. These past days I've been replaying the quest myself to do an extra round of bug squashing and fine tuning of my own. Beta testing proper will begin very soon (though I know it's the Christmas season and all).

Although I aimed to make it more or less the same length as Promised Lands, it turned out longer. I'm currently at the end of level 6 in my replay and it's already been 15 hours (though that includes doing optional things to 100% the quest, and spending time just doing beta testing stuff). I'm cool with it though, I think every area has something going for it, and I personally don't think there's any filler.

The release date is definitely in 2015 like I said, though I'll abstain from announcing a more precise date since I've been wrong before :P

Here are a couple of new screenshots:

Mk71Ot8.png

a2fTrXu.png

• Air Luigi, Eddy, WindRobe and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users