Isle of Rebirth

Rating: 4.71/5 (57 ratings)
Photo

Isle of Rebirth Help/Bug Thread (UPDATED 5-13-14)

• Please log in to reply
1463 replies to this topic

#1426 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:59 PM

I DO need to beat the hall of memories just to get the light arrows, which are themselves required for Not-Sheol, or at least for beating Stan, right?

They're not required for Blighted Abyss, no. Technically, they're not required to beat Stan. However, he's Hell (no pun intended) without them, so I'd say they're kind of a soft-requirement. Additionally, since you have all 30 hearts, after you get the arrows, try walking back into the room with all the pots in the Hall of Memories and going up. You might get something that'll also help with Stan, if you survive.

With Moldorm Prime, while cane hits him anywhere, tail does much more damage than the other segments, so aim for that. Also, here's a little tip to make things easier. Your favorite item is light based, and kills any dark-based or undead enemies like bubbles instantly. Just keep that in mind.
  • Evan20000 likes this

#1427 nahnah390

nahnah390

Yes, I liked this item so much it's my profile image

• Members

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:48 PM

If you're talking about the terror of the crypt, i already know he can be oneshot by the thing. For some reason said strategy does nothing to ant- fairies, but what can you do? Although I AM finding myself just sitting while the intense music plays in the background for my magic to recharge to full without wasting a potion in between bosses. and the recovery areas aren't exactly much more than luck based... oh well. The freaking foreman is juts as annoying as I remember him being, even if i can beat him in only a few hits with the cane's magic. He still has to be on the ground to get hit by it. That and the Frost knuckle, he's still a pain to dodge because it requires you to both be in the center to move around and hit him, but also at the edges to dodge him and hope the anti-fairies don't hit you if you time it wrong. I mean I CAN use Nayru's love twice since magic doesn't do anything to this guy, but that only can help so much and it'd make me wait even LONGER before I get to the next guy... Mothula? I think it was Mothula sixth. He was kind of forgettable since I figured that the candle can be used on him to make him die really fast.

After that would be... Gleeok. Craaaap. The undead version of Gleeok was a pain, not because he was hard to dodge, but because when he was down to one head, he just refused to let it get anywhere near me for the longest time. I wonder if Din's fire would ever help out in the boss rush at any point whatsoever. Oh well. Meta Argus was oddly... easy-ish once his shield was gone so I could use the cane on him originally, but since he's probably buffed this time that might not work anymore. Medusa was also somewhat easy once I used the cane, but again, i figure something might go wrong there. Especially since apparently I'd need to use the portal sphere to lower her defenses. Hopefully they actually let me have a checkpoint at the end, or at least I'm able to keep myself from wasting my potions until then.

Edited by nahnah390, 02 November 2016 - 03:04 PM.

#1428 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

Little has changed in the Meta Arrghus fight, but it has more HP. Still, the cane quickly destroys it once the shield is gone.

Medusa is a lot more painful and a lot harder to cheese this time around. Before, she died in just 6 hits from the cane and she has a position where it is easy to drill the cane in on to kill her in Phase 2 without using potions. In the boss rush I think she resists(?) the Cane because she now dies in 11 hits from it - Unless you want to use a potion, you are not cheesing her with the cane. IIRC she keeps her original HP (200?), which leaves her dying to 10 or so hits from Quickspins if you are willing to get close and personal with her.

Edited by Orithan, 02 November 2016 - 04:10 PM.

#1429 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:11 PM

She doesn't resist cane. The only change to Medusa is that she has 40 more HP (2 cane hits). 160->200. If you play your cards right with Medusa and her summons, you can usually leave the fight with more health than you entered with.

Personally, I find Meta Arrghus to be one of the tougher fights in the boss rush.

There's no checkpoint before what's after that, but I wouldn't be too concerned. There's another healing room and the boss is quite literally a joke fight.

EDIT: The bossrush was originally balanced around no cane, so it should make short work of whatever you're having trouble with.

#1430 nahnah390

nahnah390

Yes, I liked this item so much it's my profile image

• Members

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:04 PM

Huh, maybe I should try using the cane on frost knuckle after i break his shield this time. I kind of forgot to switch out of the iron hammer. i mean I needed one slot saved for the hookshot as it is.

#1431 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:54 AM

The bossrush was originally balanced around no cane, so it should make short work of whatever you're having trouble with.

Because Evan can manipulate space time and lacks the capacity or concept of any real human reaction time. Evan would be surprised to discover most humans don't react to incoming dangers in less than 1/2 a single frame to respond. :P

Normal Human Reaction Time? What's that? It's a conspiracy made by China to be more competitive to American businesses.
  • Russ, Evan20000 and Deedee like this

#1432 Zagut

Zagut

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

OK i know where to find the joke boss, and the secret boss at the end of the blighted abyss, but what

about the third one?

I think it's name was Sasic??

#1433 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:39 AM

Sasic you can only fight if you've found all 30 heart containers. If you have, go back to the Hall of Memories in the sky, walk left into the room with all the pots, and the door to the north should be open. Then prepare to get mauled repeatedly.
  • Zagut likes this

#1434 Soma C.

Soma C.

Mr. Coreaix

• Members

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:12 PM

Venser II is a shitty boss if you're actually attempting to kill him. My biggest regret with him is underestimating the number of players who would retry until they win. On hero mode, spamming him with the wand + super bombs once phase 2 starts is probably your best bet if you absolutely want that staff. I wish I had done better to convey "You're not supposed to win this", but oh well.

I finally beat him again on Hero today.  I would post the picture proof but I can't seem to figure out how to bring in an image to PZC in a post.  But what I did immediately in phase 1 was to hit him with a hurricane spin.  That got off a few rounds, but not the whole thing cuz he likes to spam his shield a lot.  Then I wailed on him with super bombs, and he went down.  This was after about 10 retries, so I think I got lucky.  I feel bad for retrying now that I see you have that regret, but I wanted the satisfaction of having done it again  and I'm glad I did :)  Curious to see if he shows up in any sequel to the quest.

• Evan20000 and KingPridenia like this

#1435 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:59 AM

Congrats on the win!

• Soma C. likes this

#1436 Soma C.

Soma C.

Mr. Coreaix

• Members

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:32 PM

So I've been noticing that even with the update Stan pummels me with Death Knights, even twice in a row. I've heard  that he summons them anyway if you're low on magic but I can't kill them easily without the cane.  Any other method just either kills me or leaves me open to the minefield that the boss throws my way. I'm determined to actually beat him legit on Hero this time but the constant death knight spam is really discouraging....the other attacks I can more or less  avoid all right.

#1437 Soma C.

Soma C.

Mr. Coreaix

• Members

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:55 PM

Evan, if you're going to end up nerfing hard mode to please the majority, you might as well remove hard mode and normal mode. Call easy mode hard mode, and call very easy a challenge. Then finally, give players a tunic that always refills their health if they hide behind a block or duck for cover, and add a hidden warp zone in the beginning of every dungeon to skip each dungeon. 

Also, if they die enough time, script an auto mode so that the game defeats itself.

Finally, write a message at the very end of the game on how much of a fantastic player they are. Make sure to not skip this, every player needs to feel like they are the best damn player on earth despite their skill level.

Hell, it works for other video game companies. 

Best comment ever rofl

#1438 Soma C.

Soma C.

Mr. Coreaix

• Members

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

On the note of my troubles with Tartaros,  I was curious if I'm not the only one getting repeatedly wrecked.   Is there anyone else who still hasn't beaten him (on Hero or otherwise lol)

#1439 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:33 AM

No, getting repeatedly wrecked is pretty much how it goes with Tartaros on heroic mode.  Evan shows his true colours and what he passionately loves for all to see.

I remember I beat it two years or so ago and I celebrated for a long time afterwards.  I even gave Evan a nice reward for being only 1 of 3 quests to have ever truly stumped me through insane difficulty.  The music from IoR's level 4 and level 9 will now grace LoH:IE both as a testament to how truly difficult the final battles was and as a celebration of my victory over them.

#1440 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:35 PM

On the note of my troubles with Tartaros,  I was curious if I'm not the only one getting repeatedly wrecked.   Is there anyone else who still hasn't beaten him (on Hero or otherwise lol)

I haven't beaten him yet, but here is an advisory on how he responds to attacks:

Tartaros's third phase has this little thing in his AI that causes him to actively pick attacks that he thinks you do poorly at dodging. If he scores hits with various attacks; that weights his RNG into using these attacks more and more. It is through this that getting hit can lead to a swift death, even if you haven't taken much damage before.
One way to play against this is to identify which attacks you do well at dodging and deliberately get yourself hit by them to weight his RNG towards those attacks as opposed to the ones you have trouble with.

Edited by Orithan, 31 January 2018 - 08:35 PM.

• KingPridenia and Soma C. like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users