• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:23 PM

Update:

I am posting this so that there will be no surprises in the upcoming Holiday Time Theme Contest that will be available in the next few days. Me and Anthus had a small talk and we both agreed that one more voting category will help make the contest more interesting and engaging.

In our attempt to keep the contest modern but also keep integrity in the contest, we feel updates that do not change the overall structure and familiarity of the contest is very important. This was one of my promises when I signed up for this. When I started, a few changes came to mind, and over a month ago we applied one of those changes. 

This upcoming contest will feature the 2nd change, this change affects the voting categories. We are adding a new category.

New Category: Most Entertaining

This category will now be another option you can vote for when selecting your favorite enemies. I feel this category is important to vote for the enemies that, while they may not be the best designed enemies, they were certainly the most entertaining to fight or watch. This category can also apply to enemies that may not be overly a top winner in design, but designed in quite a humorous way that it's impossible to ignore.

Because, when you think about it, video games should be about the entertainment, and this is a category that I feel has been missing this entire time.

In Conclusion:

This new category is something we are glad to bring to this contest and I hope everybody agrees with this choice. It will be included in EotM #21 and the rest of the contests that follow from now on. 

• Anthus, Eddy, Avataro and 1 other like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

Geometry Dash addict :v

• Database Staff

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:18 PM

This category can also apply to enemies that may not be overly a top winner in design, but designed in quite a humorous way that it's impossible to ignore.

And here comes all the shitposting enemies :P

Seems like a good addition though, got no problems with that.

• Anthus and NewJourneysFire like this

#3 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:42 PM

Oh, I'd like to add that despite Eddy's joke. The extra category isn't added strictly to encourage shitposting. :P An entertaining boss can still be the best designed, but doesn't always have to be. Entertaining in this instance means the most fun and exciting overall for whatever reason. I just wanted to make that one clear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users