EotM #21 - Theme Discussion: Holiday Time Theme

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

I'm using Tilt-Controls!

• Contributors

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:29 PM

Hello all, and welcome to the EotM #21 discussion thread! This is my first time at this, so bare with me here. :P

This coming contest theme will be a Holiday Theme!

Since we're already a bit into November, NJF and I decided to wait till December to start this one.

What that means is, Submissions are due by December 21st, 2016, and we'll kick things off on the 25th of December!  

There's tons of things you can do with this one. The obvious choice is a snow/ ice themed enemy, but what about enemies inspired by a crackling fire? Holiday food/ sweets themed enemies could be done too. Do you want to fight some fruit cake? How about a hot bowl of wassel? You could even make a toy enemy, or really, anything as long as it is somehow related to the holiday time of the year! This doesn't only mean Christmas either. You want to make a dreidle Patra? Be my guest!

We're looking forward to your entries. Chime in here, and have fun! :)

• Eddy, Joelmacool, Evan20000 and 2 others like this

#2 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:49 PM

That's right people, we are starting the Holiday theme very early this year because that should give people plenty of time to come up for something that will be featured on Christmas. We decided this because we felt it would be too late to start anything for November, so we decided to open the Holiday theme discussion early since this contest has been a bit absent for some time that we felt some people were just a little anxious and excited to get back into it. 

I'd like to add that Holiday enemies doesn't just have to be the themes listed above either. Sometimes simple enemies with the correct holiday colors can be just as Merry. Nothing says Merry more than a Red, White, and Green Goriya throwing a candy cane. 

• Anthus, Eddy and David like this

#3 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:12 AM

I think I'll make an enemy for this month. I have a great idea!  :superevil:

• Anthus and NewJourneysFire like this

#4 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:24 PM

A current reminder to everybody:

The deadline for this month's contest is the 21st of December!

I felt like making this post now to announce we now officially have exactly 30 days to submit our enemies to EotM. This will normally be roughly the standard amount of time we provide participants to make an enemy. This month's contest was an exception to bring the contest back early for our talented and eager enemy designers PureZC. 

I will post another reminder in 2 weeks time, and one final reminder a few days before the deadline. This is to ensure you will not miss your opportunity to participate and get in on the Holiday cheer. 

#5 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:01 AM

FINAL REMINDER

We only have 16 more days until deadline and we have accumulated the super impressive amount of 0 entries...

None! Natta! Zip! Shocking, I know!

This is an especially important reminder for those who just may have decided to sit out of this one and let other people participate. Perhaps it's your time to maybe want to reconsider because there might not even be participants or a holiday contest at the current rate things are going right now. Oh no! :(

If we are unable to gain enough submissions by the deadline on the 21st of December, we will have no choice but to put everybody on the naughty list, add coal to everybody's stockings, and cancel Christmas and New Years and 2017 in general either postpone or cancel the Holiday Theme in general and go back to the drawing board with how we want to approach this contest. 

#6 Anthus

Anthus

I'm using Tilt-Controls!

• Contributors

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

I hope you are all having a great December, out there!

For the uninitiated, there are only 10 days left to get your enemy entries in for our December/ January contest! The deadline is December 21st. The good news is, we have received our first entry, so we are already off to a joyous, jolly start!

#7 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

ZC Contributor & Wiki Editor

• Members

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

Did Evan send in the Santa Claws?

I honestly had no viable ideas for this theme, that felt fresh at all.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 11 December 2016 - 06:50 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#8 Anthus

Anthus

I'm using Tilt-Controls!

• Contributors

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:21 PM

Our entry is not from Evan, but that does sound awesome nonetheless. :P

If you are struggling for ideas, just don't think about it so hard. You don't have to submit a, "we get it, it's Christmas" enemy, but anything pertaining to this time of year will do. We're not horribly picky, since this is kind of a hard theme. We are just looking forward to your enemies, be it a pissed off piece of Baklava, or a Darknut with Santa colors. :)

#9 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:41 PM

I'm hoping for somebody to submit a bouncy snowman with a candy cane sword. Jk

Ya! Something simple will be more than plenty.

#10 Anthus

Anthus

I'm using Tilt-Controls!

• Contributors

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:27 AM

One more brief reminder, there are only 5 more days till our December 21st deadline. And we still only have one entry. Who wants to be a hero, and fix that? :D

#11 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:19 PM

One more brief reminder, there are only 5 more days till our December 21st deadline. And we still only have one entry. Who wants to be a hero, and fix that? :D

We have and we've had two entries when you posted this. :P

#12 Anthus

Anthus

I'm using Tilt-Controls!

• Contributors

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:08 PM

Oh wow, you're right. I didn't even see that one >.> I think we'll be off to a good start then. :)

#13 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:14 AM

The deadline is here and we have enough entries to start the contest. With that said, I'll be locking this now. The contest will begin in a few days.

#14 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:44 PM

Update:

Reopened due to the fact that I have been hasty with closing this. It has come to my attention that some people have been waiting for the last minute to share their submissions. I should have given it the full day before I closed this. The deadline is still today, so if anybody still have submissions they are working on, get them in by the end of the day. We will not accept any submissions after today. 

#15 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:45 PM

As of right now, we are no longer accepting entries for this month's EotM. Thank you for all who submitted. I will be locking this now. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users