EotM #20 - Theme Discussion: No Limit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Eddy

Eddy

Geometry Dash addict :v

• Database Staff

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:18 AM

It's for the next Enemy of the Month competition! Here is the theme for this month:

Theme: Special (No Limitations)
Deadline: 20/08/16 (Saturday, 20th August 2016)

As you can see, this month, the theme is another Special theme, and this time it's another competition where there are no limitations. That means you can submit anything you like that just resembles an enemy or a boss. Remember, be creative! You can push the limits a bit if you want. We all can't wait to see what you are going to come up with!   :)

Please submit your enemy using the EotM dropbox. Also, please read the rules/guidelines for EotM. Make sure you submit your enemy based on the submission template as this will keep things organized and easy for others to read your enemies.

You might also notice the long deadline this time round. I'm off to Portugal in less than 3 weeks, so if I had made the deadline around that time, I would not have been able to make the video for another 2 weeks or so. So 13th August is roughly around the time I get back home and will be able to make the next video, and I guess this will give plenty of time for people to submit anything they have.

Thank you and good luck to everyone! We all can't wait to see your creative enemies!   :)

• ywkls likes this

#2 ywkls

ywkls

Defender

• Members

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:08 PM

I have a particularly mean Hydra I scripted up a while back. It was originally requested by Binx; but the method he wanted to use was different from what I had in mind. I'd probably submit my version, since it took me all of a week to create. (In scripting terms, that's an eternity.)

Once I clean it up a bit, I'll submit it. And if I think of anything else; I'll give it some competition.

• Eddy likes this

#3 ywkls

ywkls

Defender

• Members

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:35 PM

Okay, I'm almost ready to submit the Hydra. I'm using the quest file sent to me by Binx; since he was the one who originally requested it. (I'll take out anything related to his stuff before, of course.)

The main issue I'm wondering about is difficulty. I officially classify this as nearly impossible without a ring of some sort while the level 3 ring makes it fairly easy. So, any opinions on how hard it should be? (It is supposed to be an end-game boss; or at least that's how I plan to use it.)

I'll probably actually submit it before the weekend is over.

#4 Eddy

Eddy

• Database Staff

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:49 AM

So, any opinions on how hard it should be? (It is supposed to be an end-game boss; or at least that's how I plan to use it.

Well, if it's end-game, then it should be difficult, but at the same time if it does something like 4 or 5 hearts or whatever, that would be a bit overkill IMO. I can't really help much with that though, so I'd say it would be best to submit it, and then others can suggest to make it easier or harder or whatever when the time comes.

• ywkls likes this

#5 Eddy

Eddy

• Database Staff

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:58 AM

So, it turns out my summer holiday to Portugal got extended by another week, so I'll now be back on the 20th August. Because of that, I'm also gonna extend the deadline of this one theme to the 21st August so that I can make the video and poll as soon as I can when I get back.

So that leaves another week or so to get submissions in, which should be plenty of time.

#6 ywkls

ywkls

Defender

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:34 PM

Well, to make things interesting; I created a small mini-dungeon with the 3 armor upgrades in it. You don't have to acquire them, but if you do; they'll make beating it easier. Credit for the character tiles goes to Binx. 

Now that it has been submitted, I just have to see if I can come up with anything else before the deadline.

Edited by ywkls, 14 July 2016 - 02:34 PM.

• Eddy likes this

#7 ywkls

ywkls

Defender

• Members

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:42 AM

Many thanks to symbiote01 for coming up with the idea and supplying the sprites I've decided to submit as a second entry. His version of the boss' behavior that I scripted was too hard for me, so I altered the boss slightly to make it easier. I may or may not create a third entry before the deadline. It all depends on whether I get an idea by then...

• Eddy likes this

#8 Eddy

Eddy

• Database Staff

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:25 AM

Alright, well I'm one day late due to being way too tired yesterday from the trip back from my holidays, but the deadline has been reached and we've achieved a total of 3 entries! Thanks to those who submitted and I'll be making the poll and video at a later date next week after I get all my IRL stuff sorted out, so look out for that very soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users