Photo

Enemy of the Month #18: Technology Theme

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Enemy of the Month #18: Technology Theme (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Overall Enemy

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most Useful Enemy

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most Creative Enemy

Vote

#1 Eddy

Eddy

Geometry Dash addict :v

• Database Staff

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:52 AM

Welcome to Enemy of the Month #18!

This month, the theme was Technology, so the enemy had to be related to technology in some way! We had a pretty small turnout this month, please look through the enemies and vote honestly and fairly. Submit your votes for the following categories:

• Best Overall Enemy: The best overall enemy this month.
  • Most Useful Enemy: The most useful enemy this month that everyone can/could use in their quest.
  • Most Creative Enemy: The most creative enemy designed this month.

YouTube Video Link
To watch all these enemies in action without downloading any of the enemies, click on the following link: Video

All Enemies Download Link
If you wish to download all the enemies in one get go, click on the following link. This is done so that you don't have to download all the enemies individually: All Enemies

The Enemies
Here is all the information and download links for the enemies this month.

Giant Beamos - ywkls

• Enemy Name- Giant Beamos
  • Description- An extra large enemy that looks like a beamos, but doesn't target you automatically. Instead, it warps around the room; firing a laser periodically. Only vulnerable to bombs.
  • Requires std.zh, string.zh, ffcscript.zh, ghost.zh and laser.zh (Which is in the database now. Thanks, Moosh!) Create two enemies- 2 x 4 statue, 1 x 1 eye. Assign values to the constants for sounds and the enemy.
  • Version of Zquest- Created in 2.50.2, but probably compatible with anything since 2.50.
  • Quest File- https://www.dropbox....beamos.qst?dl=0

Zoneblin - Avataro

• Enemy Name: Zoneblin
  • Description: This is a moblin that has a device to create a negative zone around him. If Link is inside the zone he is jinxed so he can't use items, he is slowed and he takes more damage. The script is simple to use and does not require ghost.zh.
  • Version of ZQuest: 2.50.2. Should work in all versions of 2.50.
  • Quest File: http://www.mediafire...M18 Avataro.zip

Thank you to everyone who submitted! Now go and vote guys! Thank you and see you in the next EotM competition!   :)

#2 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Members

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:13 AM

Zoneblin is a really cool idea! Personally I'd either make it a different enemy or give it a special costume/equipment to make it look different from other moblins. I really like that it affects how enemies work as a team. It's kind of a support character for the enemy. Now imagine adding switches or giving Link some item to make certain combos inacessible to the Zoneblin to limit its mobility. It could be both puzzle and action. It reminds me of the timestone fights in SS against the electric baton bulblins.

The giant beamos is quite neat, I feel it needs a bit more strategy. If it was stationary I wonder how you'd manage to avoid the beam. Since it teleports I kinda feel there should be some visual hint before it appears such as a shadow or a visual distortion/sparkle so it doesn't land on top of you if you're quick and fortunate enough, so that it's not just luck.

Edited by Cukeman, 02 May 2016 - 04:04 PM.

• Eddy likes this

#3 ywkls

ywkls

Defender

• Members

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:45 AM

Well, I'm in this one... and I really feel I rushed my entry. There was a lot more that I could have done, but I just didn't put the time and effort into it that it deserved. I'll try to do better next time, honestly!

As for the Zoneblin- There are several ideas here, such as temporarily losing your items and getting a greater amount of damage. i'll have to look at how it works, but I would think that the range of the effect would be adjustable so it doesn't necessarily have to cover half of the room. It's something I might use someday, myself.

While I wish there had been more entries, I guess we have to be content with what we have. May the best enemy win!

#4 RedmageAdam

RedmageAdam

Super Leaf Red Mage

• Members

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:15 PM

My votes all went to Avataro. My only real compliant is that I think the size of the negative zone should be smaller, but otherwise pretty interesting. I guess the Moblins aren't so primitive and stupid as we think of them being? As for the Beamos, I just personally feel it doesn't really fill the technology theme. Pretty average mini boss or boss enemy.

#5 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:18 PM

I have to give it to Avataro this time. It's a simple concept, but it could be used in all sorts of interesting ways. Giant Beamos can keep the player on their toes (as sweeping lasers and teleporting are prone to doing), but I feel like it needs a more fair teleporting algorithm and some more attack variety.
  • ywkls likes this

#6 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:33 PM

I am in love with the Zoneblin.  Great job, so unique and creative. :D

• Eddy likes this

#7 Eddy

Eddy

Geometry Dash addict :v

• Database Staff

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:51 AM

The winners of this month are the following!

Best Overall Enemy: Zoneblin - Avataro

Most Useful Enemy: Zoneblin - Avataro

Most Creative Enemy: Zoneblin - Avataro

So this month, Avataro wins all 3 categories with his Zoneblin enemy! Congrats to him! The next poll should be up soon, so stay tuned for that!

• Cukeman likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Avataro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users