The Nintendo Switch

• Please log in to reply
545 replies to this topic

#541 Anthus

Anthus

Recovering PureZC Addict

• Contributors

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:31 PM

Well, it's official. In my area, it seems every possible Switch bundle, and the bare console are sold out on GameStop's website. But, the Wii U version of BotW wasn't so I went ahead an pre-ordered it. I planned on getting both either way, but I also planned on playing that game on launch day. :P

#542 DashSim

DashSim

Slope Ascension Wizard

• Members

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:42 PM

Great thing about Wii U was that I never had to buy more controllers for multiplayer, I just kept using my original Wii remotes. In fact, given how I used GCN controllers for a good chunk of Wii's life, I haven't had a serious need to get new controllers with a new console since... the GameCube. It's, uh, been a while.
  • Anthus likes this

#543 Anthus

Anthus

Recovering PureZC Addict

• Contributors

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

Great thing about Wii U was that I never had to buy more controllers for multiplayer, I just kept using my original Wii remotes. In fact, given how I used GCN controllers for a good chunk of Wii's life, I haven't had a serious need to get new controllers with a new console since... the GameCube. It's, uh, been a while.

That's true. I didn't think about that till now. In a way, the joy-cons are shaping up to be more streamlined Wii-motes.

#544 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:38 PM

I'm waiting to see if the Wii U Pro controller becomes backward compatable with an update. I don't care about HD rumble :blah:

Probably not gonna happen though, cause, you know, companies tend to like money.

Well, the Wii U doesn't have gyro controls, which is probably the biggest limitation. :(

#545 Anthus

Anthus

Recovering PureZC Addict

• Contributors

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:18 PM

Well, the Wii U doesn't have gyro controls, which is probably the biggest limitation. :(

Oh. In that case.. *gets out wallet*

#546 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Administrator

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:33 PM

THAT DIDN'T TAKE LONG

(to be fair the patent's from 2015 so it's not like Sony is stealing the idea outright)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users