2015 Superlatives are Coming!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:21 AM

But... again no tilesets were released this year. :P I wanna propose to include upcoming and updated tilesets too. After all there's a few that's coming out and have been updated. Scripts have been sorta covered (and more broadly) by other areas I believe as mentioned.

From what the staff have discussed, I think this is the best approach, specifically with regards to upcoming / submitted tilesets. People are still using them. Updates are still being discussed.

• Shane and Eddy like this

#32 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:50 AM

"Most Artistic Member" is pretty vague. What does it even mean? :P I'd reword it, and make it more specific.

In general I approve the idea of voting for accomplishments rather than people. So "Most Intelligent Member" could be reworded as "Most Intelligent Contributions" for example.

A "Best Demo" category would be nice. It's not quite the same as "Most Anticipated Quest" as not all anticipated quests have demos.

#33 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:56 AM

"Most Artistic Member" is pretty vague. What does it even mean? :P I'd reword it, and make it more specific. I addressed this above in my response to ZoriaRPG.

In general I approve the idea of voting for accomplishments rather than people. So "Most Intelligent Member" could be reworded as "Most Intelligent Contributions" for example. I'd say both have their merits. Also, if we isolated all possible individual items I think the risk would be the list would balloon and/or you'd have so many varying nominations that lists would get massive for voting.

A "Best Demo" category would be nice. It's not quite the same as "Most Anticipated Quest" as not all anticipated quests have demos. We used to call "Most Anticipated Quest" "Best Demo" but after discussion with the community and the addition of the Projects section of the site, felt this was more appropriate.

• Joelmacool likes this

#34 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:17 PM

Glad to see the Superlatives return!  I am really interested in the ZC section, as there has been good ZC showings this year. 

For a brief history on the Sexy Beast... I used to travel these forums and chat rooms very frequently, and call myself the Sexy Beast 2004-now.  It was a part of my Backyard Wrestling Character.  Everyone in the chat room thus said they were the Sexy Beast and ShadowTiger then made that a Superlative thread in the Superlatives 2006 as a joke thread.  Even my character from Hero of Dreams deems himself the Sexy Beast, so everyone knew it was a joke with me. lol

I am very surprised that thread lasted as long as it did, I was joking that either when I hit 10 years straight or get beaten, we would take the thread down.  I was an 8 year winner, until last year when (much like the Undertaker's Streak) the streak was broken (Which... Damn, I had plans for that 10 year straight. lol).  I thought this thread was going away, but it returns!  The spirit of Sexy Beast lives on!  :P  Since I am doing a 10 Year mbwchampion Memory Lane Series on my Youtube, maybe I will return my Sexy Beast Character for one last Campaign video, and thus retiring or killing off the character. lol  We will see. :)

• nicklegends, Eddy, Joelmacool and 1 other like this

#35 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:36 PM

No most anticipated quest this year?

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 20 December 2015 - 04:36 PM.

#36 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:44 PM

It's easy to go snow blind with all the bold text there, but Most Anticipated quest is fourth from the bottom of the list.

#37 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:51 AM

Overworld of the Year (nominate a quest)

Should this not read "(nominate a overworld)"? Given that there are plenty of quests out there with several overworlds?

#38 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:41 AM

I never win any of these haha.

Glad to see the Superlatives return!  I am really interested in the ZC section, as there has been good ZC showings this year. 

For a brief history on the Sexy Beast... I used to travel these forums and chat rooms very frequently, and call myself the Sexy Beast 2004-now.  It was a part of my Backyard Wrestling Character.  Everyone in the chat room thus said they were the Sexy Beast and ShadowTiger then made that a Superlative thread in the Superlatives 2006 as a joke thread.  Even my character from Hero of Dreams deems himself the Sexy Beast, so everyone knew it was a joke with me. lol

I am very surprised that thread lasted as long as it did, I was joking that either when I hit 10 years straight or get beaten, we would take the thread down.  I was an 8 year winner, until last year when (much like the Undertaker's Streak) the streak was broken (Which... Damn, I had plans for that 10 year straight. lol).  I thought this thread was going away, but it returns!  The spirit of Sexy Beast lives on!  :P  Since I am doing a 10 Year mbwchampion Memory Lane Series on my Youtube, maybe I will return my Sexy Beast Character for one last Campaign video, and thus retiring or killing off the character. lol  We will see. :)

No one knows of the beast from the east, in the west. Top secret.

Also that UT streak vid lol o.o

#39 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:14 PM

So, how will voting work?

#40 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:45 AM

Since the site's been offline most of the day, we're gonna delay opening Superlatives nominations until tomorrow.

So, how will voting work?

Once we receive all the nominations, we'll open voting polls near the middle of the month. There will be a dedicated forum for this under the Site and Forums section at the top, so it'll be hard to miss it. Last year, polls remained open for about 2 weeks, as I recall, so we should be wrapping everything up around the end of the month. (We'll give specific deadlines later.)

• KingPridenia likes this

#41 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:42 AM

The 2015 Superlatives topic is now present, and the Nominations are opened! Please follow the instructions in the forum and use the included Template when posting. This topic, as has been done in the past, will remain open for questions and announcements.

• Eddy likes this

#42 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:42 AM

QUICK NOTE: Regarding a change in previous years. For Quests and Tilesets: WIP Tilesets are allowed as long as they are in a mostly usable state, since we only have one tileset submitted this year. And for quests, a quest that was used for a 2-week contest or other contest where it wasn't submitted to the database CAN BE SUBMITTED AS A VOTE.

#43 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

Just wanted to remind everyone that nominations close up on January 16th, so please get those nominations submitted by then!

• Joelmacool likes this

#44 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

• Members

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:59 AM

Sorry for the delay on this, ended up pretty busy with some other IRL things, but I'm getting voting topics prepared for this and will have them up tomorrow morning, it looks like. You'll have 2 weeks to vote, then tie breakers will happen, then the votes will be tallied and about 2ish days after that, results will be posted. Thanks for submitting nominations!

• Shane and Eddy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users