Lost Isle

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#211 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:18 AM

This is still the most awesome quest I have ever played! The story and exploration is what makes this quest so successful and will always be the best quest on here, but thats just my opinion of course! 

#212 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:26 AM

Yeah that awesome music is from "The Gate", Episode 4 ... https://www.youtube....h?v=X_mbJTNXJ3E- watch this. :)

#213 Zagut

Zagut

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Apr 9 2013, 11:03 AM) View Post

Wait... what? How can you be working on LI3 when LI2 hasn't even started production yet. icon_freak.gif

Ha ha! Was wondering when someone would notice! Yes, I've already got the next three sequels planned and deferred out to other quest designers. Shane is working on 4, NewJourneysFire is working on 5, you are working on 2, and I'm working on 3. It'll be this massive, epic journey Link is undertaking to remove Morlach forever! And I'll even introduce an even greater evil than Morlach in Lost Isle 3! Stay tuned! icon_deformed.gif

umm... was this a joke, or were there actually going to be 5 Lost Isles???

Pretty sure it was a joke

#214 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:47 PM

LOL @ Matthew Bluefox, I had completely forgotten about that level. :3

#215 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:54 PM

LOL @ Matthew Bluefox, I had completely forgotten about that level. :3

Oi, hello there DFW, and welcome back to the world of the living. :)

So, ten years later... we're doing this again. Feel up to making a new quest to experiment with the upcoming (new) ZQuest goodies? :D

#216 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

NOPE! I am so done with quest making. I just don't have time anymore these days to be re-learning and then learning a whole new ZQuest. I'll leave the quest making to you talented new creators. Do better than I ever did.

• judasrising and WindRobe like this

#217 vaualbus

vaualbus

Junior

• Members

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:45 PM

NOPE! I am so done with quest making. I just don't have time anymore these days to be re-learning and then learning a whole new ZQuest. I'll leave the quest making to you talented new creators. Do better than I ever did.

I gues would be good if someone make a revisited version of this quest for the 10th anniversary. By the way this quest is done with no scipts right? Imagin what would be possible to do today!

#218 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:52 PM

I sort of figured that would be the case, but I wanted to paw at you and see if you bite. Oh, the awful puns. :D

I gues would be good if someone make a revisited version of this quest for the 10th anniversary. By the way this quest is done with no scipts right? Imagin what would be possible to do today!

LI has a few light scripts, as I recall. It used most of the enemy editor features of 2.50 (betas), and other new features at the time. Scripts were no exception; but that was back when a 'scripted quest' had one or two ffcs, and users were still writing both ZScript and ZASM code.

#219 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

If anyone wants to make a revisited version of Lost Isle, I'm perfectly okay with it. As long as Peteo is as well. But don't expect any help from my (and most likely) Peteo's end in creating it. That's all on you, buddy. :P

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 07 October 2017 - 07:45 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#220 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:59 PM

I came to play this quest a few days ago,, after many years of been created by peteo and DFW.. this quest still got some fantasy and some nostalgic inn""" today quests are made mercy less, Cuz makers want the quest to last longer and make it real hard or to hard so must player search for help or just drop...this lost isle quest, came out of any fantastic brain of some sort,,

is just incredible  :clap:  :clap: , to master this quest you need a lot of time and help your brain with many boiled eggs, :tard:

many peoples gave me a hand on this and I'm eternal grateful,, specially --Artistic"" :approve: 

love this quest forever!! :omg:  

#221 Soma C.

Soma C.

Mr. Coreaix

• Members

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:59 PM

Definitely the most atmospheric quest I've yet played.  You guys nailed that aspect for sure.  It was actually the very first quest I ever attempted, and eventually beat. Through a series of long difficult trials that is.  It's definitely up there with my ultimate faves ;)  Whether or not there will ever be a Lost Isle 2, I hold this one close as the first one I ever tried and beat, and it was a wonderful ride.  The overworld is particuarly well-done, DFW.  Much congratulating to be had there (y)

Oh don't tempt me to try and 3-heart this...

I know it's been a while, but have you given any thought about doing this?  :slycool:

#222 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

Definitely the most atmospheric quest I've yet played.  You guys nailed that aspect for sure.  It was actually the very first quest I ever attempted, and eventually beat. Through a series of long difficult trials that is.  It's definitely up there with my ultimate faves ;)  Whether or not there will ever be a Lost Isle 2, I hold this one close as the first one I ever tried and beat, and it was a wonderful ride.  The overworld is particuarly well-done, DFW.  Much congratulating to be had there (y)

I know it's been a while, but have you given any thought about doing this?  :slycool:

I will never play any lost isle quest,, on three hearts only'''would be a brain killer :eyeitus: :eyeitus:

#223 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

That...is certainly a thought. But sadly, I don't have time right now in my life to attempt such a challenge and/or record it while doing so. Thanks for the kind words, 10 years after the fact.

#224 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:48 AM

Wolfie, you're still the best questmaker ever in this community, and I actually listen to all the Lost Isle MIDI's regularly while working on completely different things in my free time, such as writing my scifi novel etc. :) I know the music isn't made by you, but you introduced me to it and it's still meowsome! :)

*shy hugs for Wolfie* :)

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 15 January 2018 - 08:49 AM.

#225 pokedude729

pokedude729

• Members

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:42 PM

Anyone know how to save in this game without dying?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users