A cool idea... Is it even possible?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

I had a cool idea, so the more heart containers you assemble, the more you need. It can only be done by scripting, yet I think it lacks the two key variables and a loophole-free conditioning.

1. Is there a scripting-accessible variable that affects the HCP subscreen tile?
2. Can you change the HCP/HC value in scripting?
3. How could I check how many already-completed Heart Containers (like the ones from bosses) the player has?

#2 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:32 AM

I just got it!

You can make a dummy Heart Pieceitem and use a global script to check what level the is (it upgrades as its picked up) Every time enough is collected, it adds a heart container, and then the integer to which how many is needed goes up.

#3 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

Actually, I figured it out. It's a slightly different approach that uses pickup scripts (global scripts are a pain.) It appears properly on the subscreen by telling ZC that there are 33 HCPs/HC. (exactly 1 more than the total # of HCPs)

As long as I work out glitches in this, I shouldn't have a problem with players going through a second round. (The final version will only have a L1 cheat, which will be a long string of total jibberish or hexadecimal numbers)

Still, hiding/finding 32 HCPs is a lot easier than 36! (or 52 (MM) or 45 (TP))

#4 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:46 PM

Beefster, could you script this as an item? It would make sense not to know how many HCPs there are in the beginning of the game, but maybe something like an "Info Scroll" that you can get somewhere. (Heh, Info Shop...) I'm interested in this as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users