tileset

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:02 PM

can someone make a tileset that uses only TLOZ?

its a simple request really just..

-no tiles outside the game TLOZ

-a few exceptions are are TLOZ styled sprites that where added in Zelda classic but are not from other nes games

-leave space for 2 recolors between each entity(so for example if it takes 2 rows for that entity's animation leave 4 more rows after it) 

-at least 2 recolors for each enemy

#2 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:09 PM

The default tileset? If that's too heavily edited, the 2.10 version of ZC is much closer to the original. Recolors can be accomplished by switching csets. Otherwise, swapping colors doesn't take too long.
  • LikeLike on fire likes this

#3 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:09 PM

The Editor already has everything you need for making a zelda game.

I don't fully understand what you mean just the Legend of Zelda.

Everything is already theres.

If you are looking to rid the graphics of Non- first Nes L.O.Z.  things - you can do it probs yourself but would

take quite awhile i knows.

I think you should just build with everything that is already there.

But yes, maybe older editors ^like what he said might have what you described.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 29 December 2015 - 07:10 PM.

• Astromeow likes this

#4 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:11 PM

Ummmm, I'm pretty sure the default tileset covers most of this. Sure, it has a few sprites from other NES games, but I can't see why this would be a bother to you. Lastly, each enemy has about three or four "recolors", but it's by switching their CSets. Most enemies look fine in CSets... 5, 7, 8 and 10 if I'm not mistaken. Not to disappoint you either, but making a tileset request is not so probable to be taken, given it's very time consuming.

#5 Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:34 PM

most of the reason are...

-some tiles aren't listed as a combo's

-combo tile/entrie locations aren't easily manipulable

-I want 2 different color shades(not palettes) of each enemy

-the fact that combos and enemies can't be edited without editing their tile/entries

I guess I should of mentioned that I wanted link/enemy animations for their attacks(arrows, etc)

Edited by Shadowblitz16, 29 December 2015 - 08:38 PM.

#6 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:37 PM

most of the reason are...

-some tiles aren't listed as a combo's

-combo tile/entrie locations aren't easily manipulable

-I want 2 different color shades(not palettes) of each enemy

-the fact that combos and enemies can't be edited without editing their tile/entries

I guess I should of mentioned that I wanted link/enemy animations for their attacks(arrows, etc)

Now I'm lost. You want things that were not in the original NES 'Legend of Zelda'; or do you only want things that were? Please clarify that.

#7 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:02 PM

Well its very easy to assign a tile to a combo, edit enemy tiles to use different shades, etc. Making new tiles and animations for enemies would take way more work than people would realistically do as a favor. Most of what you're asking for can be done fairly easily in the editor.

If you really want to make a quest, I'd suggest learning how to use the editor first. Questmaking takes a lot of work, so unless you're willing to do most of the heavy lifting yourself, people probably won't be falling over themselves to do the rest of it for you. If you need to ask people to do the simple stuff for you, then you're definitely going to have trouble with the more complex stuff. Not trying to be discouraging, I just need to point out that people aren't going to do the basic stuff for you if your not even going to know how to incorporate it into a quest.
  • coolgamer012345 likes this

#8 Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:30 PM

Now I'm lost. You want things that were not in the original NES 'Legend of Zelda'; or do you only want things that were? Please clarify that.

well I like additional stuff but let me explain..

things that would be removed

-the LTTP tiles inless they were somthing unique and then just made to fit the LOZ style

-the AOL dungeon tiles

-the AOL enemies that don't fit the LOZ style or are already in the LOZ game(keese/bats)

-and god the mario tiles

things that would be kept

-dins fire, nayru's love, etc

-LOZ world tiles that are't in the game

-AOL rope enemies since they aren't clones and they fit the LOZ style(hell they might even be in LOZ)

things that would be added

-enemy attack animations(bow/arrow, sword swinging, bomb throwing)

-link attack animations(bow/arrow, bomb throwing)

-at least 2 reshades of each enemy

Well its very easy to assign a tile to a combo, edit enemy tiles to use different shades, etc. Making new tiles and animations for enemies would take way more work than people would realistically do as a favor. Most of what you're asking for can be done fairly easily in the editor.

If you really want to make a quest, I'd suggest learning how to use the editor first. Questmaking takes a lot of work, so unless you're willing to do most of the heavy lifting yourself, people probably won't be falling over themselves to do the rest of it for you. If you need to ask people to do the simple stuff for you, then you're definitely going to have trouble with the more complex stuff. Not trying to be discouraging, I just need to point out that people aren't going to do the basic stuff for you if your not even going to know how to incorporate it into a quest.

I would be very willing to do this myself however I can't just simply export the whole tileset to a png image to edit in a image software
also importing is weird it changes the location of the tiles in the sheet so..

Edited by Shadowblitz16, 29 December 2015 - 11:39 PM.

#9 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:40 PM

You should also be aware that using enemy animations for sword swinging, bomb throwing, and arrow firing would require you to use scripts for every enemy. That functionality is not built in, and considering you're having so much trouble using the editor, I doubt you're ready to start using scripts (assuming you could convince someone to write such scripts for you).
Why do you need someone to delete extra tiles for you? You literally just select the tiles you want removed and press delete. Our you could just not use those tiles. It's so easy that it would be a waste of someone's time to do it for you.
And I have no idea what you mean when you say importing "changes the location of the tiles in the sheet." The import function will overwrite tiles starting at the one you have selected when you click import.

#10 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:53 PM

-enemy attack animations(bow/arrow, sword swinging, bomb throwing)

-link attack animations(bow/arrow, bomb throwing)

Uh, you can't just make a lot of these animations in the normal ZQuest editor. You're gonna need scripts. Scripts are basically code that can add new features and stuff to the game that isn't normally there before. Scripting also takes lots of hard work. Seriously, you can't just ASK someone to make an entire tileset for you. Your gonna need to learn to do stuff on your own, or else your quest will never get done because you aren't experienced enough with the editor. Trust me, I know that its hard to make a quest on your own. Sure, you can get help for small things, but questmaking is hard.  Messing around with the editor will help! You can learn more how things work, then try to work on the actual quest. You gotta learn from experience, or you won't get anything done!

#11 Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:42 AM

Uh, you can't just make a lot of these animations in the normal ZQuest editor. You're gonna need scripts. Scripts are basically code that can add new features and stuff to the game that isn't normally there before. Scripting also takes lots of hard work. Seriously, you can't just ASK someone to make an entire tileset for you. Your gonna need to learn to do stuff on your own, or else your quest will never get done because you aren't experienced enough with the editor. Trust me, I know that its hard to make a quest on your own. Sure, you can get help for small things, but questmaking is hard.  Messing around with the editor will help! You can learn more how things work, then try to work on the actual quest. You gotta learn from experience, or you won't get anything done!

I'm not asking for the scripts just the sprites/tiles

Edited by Shadowblitz16, 30 December 2015 - 12:42 AM.

#12 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:47 AM

A lot of what I said was just for ZC in general. Also, if you aren't asking for the scripts, then you would need to make them on your own.

#13 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:03 AM

Are you after the vanilla Zelda 1 tileset? There are tilesets on the database that cover this and here is just one of them. I imagine you have to switch between CSets to get the colour variations. You could also make use of the Mass Recolour tool that was recently implemented in 2.50.2. If this isn't exactly why you had in mind, you're gonna have to work for it, but it does pay off in the end, trust me. It feels a lot more satisfying to know you have done it yourself. Also C (copy) + M (move) are good keys in the tile editor to rearrange tile organization.

Also sprites =/= scripts. If he's just asking for sprites, he just wants the sprites. He can add the scripts much later when he's fully aware of the editor and he's gonna have to learn sooner or later after all. So I see no harm in fulfilling his simple request, especially when he has yet to ask for scripts. And speaking of which, have a look here for more Link animations. These could help though no bow stance.

Also this is a sub-forum called Quest Design Help. I think it's fair that he can ask for help. We also have Developer's Exchange even.

#14 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:24 AM

https://www.dropbox....d/demo.zqt?dl=0

demo template? is this what you want

#15 Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:59 PM